CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Stellavista 10-06-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 15834661)
You do know the rules of the BBS, don't you ? You could face a ban for being conciliatory here.

Personally, I think those who wait to the last opportunity to cut in are selfish bastards that are a major contributor to traffic jams where lane reductions happen.

Yep

in-exile 10-06-2021 12:34 PM

That last minute on the washing machine timer ...... it's about 6 minutes long yeah?

WLYWLYAWYPWF 10-06-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 15834661)
You do know the rules of the BBS, don't you ? You could face a ban for being conciliatory here.

Personally, I think those who wait to the last opportunity to cut in are selfish bastards that are a major contributor to traffic jams where lane reductions happen.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice.../merge-in-turn

stevek 10-06-2021 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 15834761)
That last minute on the washing machine timer ...... it's about 6 minutes long yeah?

Our old one was like that. Our new one is almost the opposite - the last 2 minutes on the timer take about 10 seconds.

chatham_eagle 10-06-2021 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 15834761)
That last minute on the washing machine timer ...... it's about 6 minutes long yeah?

Always pisses me off. Apparently the timer doesn't include the spin.

PeterH 10-06-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 15834761)
That last minute on the washing machine timer ...... it's about 6 minutes long yeah?

That applies to most downloads, updates and installs etc. The last 1% when the computer has already supposedly got to 99% is nearly as long as what went before.

I guess we are forgetting that the 99% is the first part of the process, and the 1% is setting up the kick in the teeth which is the actual install.

Not sure what the 99% on Netflix is all about, though.

Terrace Bickle 11-06-2021 02:50 PM

Children either slam doors of leave them open, there does not seem to be any other response.

Martin H 11-06-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 15836555)
Children either slam doors of leave them open, there does not seem to be any other response.

Lights only have on switches and it's a common belief that the fairies wash around the sink and put things away. ..... Then there are the kids :)

Terrace Bickle 11-06-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 15836564)
Lights only have on switches and it's a common belief that the fairies wash around the sink and put things away. ..... Then there are the kids :)

Yes, I have 3 children including the wife.

TopKnot 11-06-2021 08:08 PM

Booked tickets to go to the cinema to see Peter Rabbit 2. 2 adults and 1 child.

46 ******* QUID! bloody Nora

PalaceForever 11-06-2021 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15836867)
Booked tickets to go to the cinema to see Peter Rabbit 2. 2 adults and 1 child.

46 ******* QUID! bloody Nora

Wow! Which cinema is that? The Vue in my town charges £4.99 a person for any film at anytime.

If it’s any consolation, my kids really enjoyed it (and I thought it was alright too!).

El Aguila 11-06-2021 08:17 PM

Yeah, bet it's worth every penny.

SOUTHGATE EAGLE 11-06-2021 08:24 PM

I tried some Pickled Onion Monster Munch yesterday and I get what posters here mean. Tastes all wrong. Why mess with a good thing?

But I still ate them all though.

Reps AJ 11-06-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15836867)
Booked tickets to go to the cinema to see Peter Rabbit 2. 2 adults and 1 child.

46 ******* QUID! bloody Nora

If its any consolation, we went to see it at Vue for just under £18 incl booking fees for the same number of people

TopKnot 11-06-2021 08:43 PM

It’s at Everyman in CP triangle. Christ. I know they need to try and make up for lost time but come on!

Better be a bloody good film…

Maz 11-06-2021 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopKnot (Post 15836913)
Itís at Everyman in CP triangle. Christ. I know they need to try and make up for lost time but come on!

Better be a bloody good filmÖ

Great cinema. But the burgers will cost you...

Hedgehog 11-06-2021 09:01 PM

Went to a Bar & Grill last night and they didn't have menus but a QR Code on the table that linked you to the menu. Good idea I'm thinking... lot of places are doing this post COVID.

Anyway, I scan it, and it takes me to Messenger with a link to their website with the menu. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but today I have had two messages from them on Messenger. First with a "special offer" for a free pretzel (!) next visit, and a second with a link to a survey.

Both duly ignored, but find it rather annoying that they have taken advantage of me (the customer) by gaining access to me personally. I appreciate these places are hurting and and trying everything to regain customers, but this does not feel like the right way of going about it.

I also appreciate I can delete of block them from sending future messages, but....

big bad John 11-06-2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15836944)
Went to a Bar & Grill last night and they didn't have menus but a QR Code on the table that linked you to the menu. Good idea I'm thinking... lot of places are doing this post COVID....

Stopped at a bar in an American airport the other week. Had time for a quick pint, but when I went to the bar the counter was lined with Ipads which you ordered your food or drink off. Fair enough. We were warned by Tomorrows World in 1977 that this would happen. But what they didn't tell us was that a pint of I.P.A (16oz) would cost $20.63. You expect to pay silly money at airports but that was completely extracting the piss. Needless to say the poor Ipad took some verbal before I departed the lounge, as thirsty as I'd gone in.

Hedgehog 12-06-2021 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15837052)
Stopped at a bar in an American airport the other week. Had time for a quick pint, but when I went to the bar the counter was lined with Ipads which you ordered your food or drink off. Fair enough. We were warned by Tomorrows World in 1977 that this would happen. But what they didn't tell us was that a pint of I.P.A (16oz) would cost $20.63. You expect to pay silly money at airports but that was completely extracting the piss. Needless to say the poor Ipad took some verbal before I departed the lounge, as thirsty as I'd gone in.

How does fingering a communal iPad help with COVID prevention?

RazorsEdge 12-06-2021 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 15837661)
How does fingering a communal iPad help with COVID prevention?

Good question. I didnít think of that


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.