CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Nostrils 18-06-2021 08:37 AM

I had to stop on a small roundabout in town yesterday as an elderly couple in front had pulled up to let their friend very slowly get in. I wasn't annoyed, it made me laugh tbh.

PeterH 18-06-2021 07:12 PM

A niggle.

We have waited all week for an electrician to work on a project on our house.

I have carefully planned my week, and softened up my missus for today's
England vs Scotland, Chile vs Bolivia fest.

Electrician has arrived today, we have materials. He is just now starting the work.

I think my careful and calculated plans are now fecked.

Once the power goes off I reckon I have to accept it with the utmost outward grace. Any complaint runs the risk of me being unreasonable.

I haven't seen any football since Monday.

BERT'S HEAD 18-06-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15848162)
A niggle.

Electrician has arrived today, we have materials. He is just now starting the work.

Once the power goes off I reckon I have to accept it with the utmost outward grace. Any complaint runs the risk of me being unreasonable.

my sympathies - would never happen in Croydon.

Cyneagle 18-06-2021 07:52 PM

It must have come as a real shock. ;)

Stavros 69 18-06-2021 08:02 PM

It’s coming home

Panther 18-06-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 15848162)
A niggle.

If the last 45 minutes are anything to go by, you haven’t missed much.

PeterH 18-06-2021 11:06 PM

Missed first 30 minutes..I have Chile Bolivia now.

I wonder if I can swing Argentina Uruguay later.

Why do we believe the hype every time...about world class youngsters....4 or 5 sides much better than England in the Euros...

cappuccinoeagle 18-06-2021 11:21 PM

Watching England

Maidstoned Eagle 19-06-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrils (Post 15847514)
I had to stop on a small roundabout in town yesterday as an elderly couple in front had pulled up to let their friend very slowly get in. I wasn't annoyed, it made me laugh tbh.

We're you in Spain?

Maidstoned Eagle 19-06-2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 15849111)
Watching England

Im.amazed you had the time what with all the films you watch, books you read and music you listen to.

ozzieEagle 19-06-2021 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva (Post 15847509)
99% of the time, it is women.

I think you're supposed to say it's "They" now as opposed to "Them" :confused: :confused:

Sick Bucket 19-06-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 15849250)
We're you in Spain?

No because at least the driver was still in the car, as well you know in Spain people like to just abandon the car in the middle of the road 'Spanish parking'

chrisophiex 19-06-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 15847297)
Vast majority of websites that now sense when you move your mouse towards the back button and constantly pop up some sort of offer message or join our mailing list

Websites that won’t let you use the back button, making you hold to their page....that’s annoying.

Maidstoned Eagle 19-06-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 15849327)
No because at least the driver was still in the car, as well you know in Spain people like to just abandon the car in the middle of the road 'Spanish parking'

This is also true, however they do like to use roundabouts as pick up and drop off points for their friends, which also involves a lengthy greeting or farewell before moving off.

congress 19-06-2021 06:23 PM

Companies that chase you as a subscription has run out and when you renew it with them, they then proceed to take it twice from your bank.

GorBlimey 19-06-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by congress (Post 15850463)
Companies that chase you as a subscription has run out and when you renew it with them, they then proceed to take it twice from your bank.

Companies that offer you a good deal and then hike up the price when you renew.

Why the f*ck can't you reward loyalty rather than simply shafting you?

big bad John 19-06-2021 07:17 PM

Watching the England v Scotland match and a couple of yanks screaming for the shoot out at the end. When politely informed that there wouldn't be one they started giving out about nil nil draws in saaacher. I less politely asked them why the American nation creams themselves when a pitcher in baseball pitches a no hitter. This wasn't answered, but one of them came out with the old cliché about a draw being similar to kissing your sister. Of course I couldn't resist and mentioned that along with no-hitters maybe kissing ones sis gives them the same experience as watching a no-hitter.

CT_Palace 19-06-2021 10:33 PM

the Inability of my iPad to deal with outlandish things like copying and pasting or god forbid, highlighting some text.
It’s just impossible to do anything other than type words and even then the autocorrect wades in to Fock things up. (Right on cue)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 20-06-2021 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 15850514)
Watching the England v Scotland match and a couple of yanks screaming for the shoot out at the end. When politely informed that there wouldn't be one they started giving out about nil nil draws in saaacher. I less politely asked them why the American nation creams themselves when a pitcher in baseball pitches a no hitter. This wasn't answered, but one of them came out with the old cliché about a draw being similar to kissing your sister. Of course I couldn't resist and mentioned that along with no-hitters maybe kissing ones sis gives them the same experience as watching a no-hitter.

Should have asked why each side has have to have two teams to play grid iron

Slimbloke'H' 20-06-2021 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 15850681)
the Inability of my iPad to deal with outlandish things like copying and pasting or god forbid, highlighting some text.
It’s just impossible to do anything other than type words and even then the autocorrect wades in to Fock things up. (Right on cue)

Oh yes. Oh yes with a great big capital 'F'

You can have a crystal clean screen, but when it comes to highlighting text, it just develops a mind of it's own. You can pinch outwards until you can read the soddin' text from the other side of the room, but does it help? Like **** it does... :wallbash: