CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

little al 19-07-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 13115420)
This practice is positioned nicely between Japanese culture and a western human resources dept that hasn't yet been hit by cutbacks.
Surely the whole team building charade died out 10 or more years ago.
Inform the bitch in charge that people actually work from home in 2016.
The concept will floor her. Probably breastfed her kids till they were old enough to go to school.

It would be very hard to do pretty much any job I have had from home, not everyone is an office worker.

ExCroydon_CPFC 20-07-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New LP (Post 13114739)
People who just stand there or even worse sit down in areas where 100's of people are walking somewhere.

Ie the steps at the main entrance of Waterloo station or the people I saw earlier with a pram standing at the bottom of the ramp at platform one in East Croydon just chilling with their mobile phones.

Yes, this!

Drives me nuts. Are these people so stupid and unaware of the disruption to the flow of pedestrians they are causing?! Or is it just plain selfishness.

On a similar theme, another bug bear are people handing out free newspapers etc in the middle of a busy place where people are walking. Couple of guys standing outside of Monument, right by the entrance, where there is already a restricted area due to building works. They just get engulfed by a sea of people and cause un necessary further blockages. Morons!

simplex 20-07-2016 09:58 AM

I had a couple of days in Chester and spent an evening in the 'Smokehouse', a US barbecue style restaurant.. alfresco, right on the river nice location etc, and the food was ok, beer marvelous and priced accordingly.. I ordered pulled pork & fries.
My meal arrived with the pork presented in a mess tin, the fries in a plant pot, a portion of slaw in a cup cake case with all 3 receptacles arriving on a plank of driftwood ..
Using any utensils with the mess tin produced a 'nails down a chalkboard' scraping effect which made for an uncomfortable experience. Service and staff were nice but please sort this ridiculousness out.

Andy in Rome 20-07-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New LP (Post 13114739)
People who just stand there or even worse sit down in areas where 100's of people are walking somewhere.

Ie the steps at the main entrance of Waterloo station or the people I saw earlier with a pram standing at the bottom of the ramp at platform one in East Croydon just chilling with their mobile phones.

Yes, yes, YES!

Goes double for those ignorant selfish f*ckwits who, upon exiting from baggage reclaim and finding themselves in the airport arrivals hall, immediately stop plumb in the middle of the exit gangways while they decide whether they want to take a pee or get a coffee at Costa.

There's people from six other flights who want to get home stuck behind you, you SOBs! :veryangry

Dorking .Eagle 20-07-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 13116700)
I had a couple of days in Chester and spent an evening in the 'Smokehouse', a US barbecue style restaurant.. alfresco, right on the river nice location etc, and the food was ok, beer marvelous and priced accordingly.. I ordered pulled pork & fries.
My meal arrived with the pork presented in a mess tin, the fries in a plant pot, a portion of slaw in a cup cake case with all 3 receptacles arriving on a plank of driftwood ..
Using any utensils with the mess tin produced a 'nails down a chalkboard' scraping effect which made for an uncomfortable experience. Service and staff were nice but please sort this ridiculousness out.

When they come back to you after a couple of minutes to ask if everything is okay with your meal, ask them for a plate whilst giving them a disgruntled look. And don't tip.

Shoreditch CPFC 20-07-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 13116700)
I had a couple of days in Chester and spent an evening in the 'Smokehouse', a US barbecue style restaurant.. alfresco, right on the river nice location etc, and the food was ok, beer marvelous and priced accordingly.. I ordered pulled pork & fries.
My meal arrived with the pork presented in a mess tin, the fries in a plant pot, a portion of slaw in a cup cake case with all 3 receptacles arriving on a plank of driftwood ..
Using any utensils with the mess tin produced a 'nails down a chalkboard' scraping effect which made for an uncomfortable experience. Service and staff were nice but please sort this ridiculousness out.

Is there anyone who actually thinks serving food this way is a good idea?

EagleSE24 20-07-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC (Post 13116870)
Is there anyone who actually thinks serving food this way is a good idea?

I've never met anyone who does

http://wewantplates.com/

KentExpress 20-07-2016 11:52 AM

T*ssers who bring bikes (including folding bikes) on commuter trains during the rush hours………ride the f**king thing.

Best action I’ve seen against these t*ssers was in France. I saw a passenger dismantle someone’s bike with a Swiss army knife while the owner was sitting reading their paper. When they came to get off in Nice, their bike was in bits by the exit door.

mroakley9 20-07-2016 12:15 PM

When my phone is on 40% but decides to go flat anyway

kayjay 20-07-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by west country boy (Post 13115456)
Without meaning to sound like Kow or pardews shorts, how do you know the person in charge was a woman, let alone a "bitch"?

HR depts are/were the domain of the back to work Mum.
Her latte sipping friends insist she returns to the workforce to start feeling good about herself again.
Long time friend of the family senior manager does old golfing buddy husband a favour and gives bitch a job, hiding bitch in a role completely unrelated to the bottom line.
A long time ago she stopped putting out for hubby and is going to make male folk in general pay for her persistant migraines and frequent insomnia.
A real delight to have around the place.
They just won't shut the f**k up about Lukey's toilet training and Teisha's offering to the tooth fairies. I'm trying to shed the effects of last nights 10 jars and bitch is moaning about a "synergy" issue within the department.
Needs pushing in front of oncoming traffic.

simplex 20-07-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13115224)
Wankers who don't bother to indicate and pull out,specially when I'm on the motorbike. Utter c@nts.

Mostly everyone, pedestrian and vehicular, specially when I'm on the motorbike. Including other motorcyclists

pallet 20-07-2016 03:20 PM

People who have mass water fights.

Maz 20-07-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New LP (Post 13114739)
People who just stand there or even worse sit down in areas where 100's of people are walking somewhere.

You're talking about the steps out of the Arthur W, yes?

art malice 20-07-2016 03:24 PM

Wow. Just wow.

Fvck. Right off.

andyocpfc 20-07-2016 03:42 PM

This new fan-dangled idea with selling houses that state 'buyers fees apply' which ultimately means they want the buyer to pay for THEIR estate agent fees. F--k off comes to mind. No matter how much I liked a house would I pay someone else's fees purely from the moral side more than anything else. Or I would just add the fee on top of the offer price, and tell them so!

I don't buy a car on Autotrader and hear the fella say when I look at it "you can pay for my edvert which you saw the car in too son".

Talk about taking the piss!

Timbo 20-07-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayjay (Post 13116921)
HR depts are/were the domain of the back to work Mum.
Her latte sipping friends insist she returns to the workforce to start feeling good about herself again.
Long time friend of the family senior manager does old golfing buddy husband a favour and gives bitch a job, hiding bitch in a role completely unrelated to the bottom line.
A long time ago she stopped putting out for hubby and is going to make male folk in general pay for her persistant migraines and frequent insomnia.
A real delight to have around the place.
They just won't shut the f**k up about Lukey's toilet training and Teisha's offering to the tooth fairies. I'm trying to shed the effects of last nights 10 jars and bitch is moaning about a "synergy" issue within the department.
Needs pushing in front of oncoming traffic.

:D

Panther 20-07-2016 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC (Post 13116870)
Is there anyone who actually thinks serving food this way is a good idea?

Yes, a hotel just outside Trowbridge in Wiltshire that I won't name just in case they feel uppity. Just put the meal on a plate so I can eat it normally, you plonkers.

Chocky 20-07-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 13117496)
Yes, a hotel just outside Trowbridge in Wiltshire that I won't name just in case they feel uppity. Just put the meal on a plate so I can eat it normally, you plonkers.

It's so true I do menus for a bar/restaurant who serve chips in 'mini chip frying baskets'. Everyone just empties the c*nts onto their plates. Pointless waste of money for them to buy all those things. Might seem like a 'fun' idea at the time but think about it. People want their grub on a plate.

That reminds me there was once a curry house in Norwood Road that served every dish from 'the cracks of their arses'. F*cking shithole.

Jim Cannon 20-07-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KentExpress (Post 13116887)
T*ssers who bring bikes (including folding bikes) on commuter trains during the rush hours………ride the f**king thing.

Best action I’ve seen against these t*ssers was in France. I saw a passenger dismantle someone’s bike with a Swiss army knife while the owner was sitting reading their paper. When they came to get off in Nice, their bike was in bits by the exit door.

An equally effective treatment is when they announce at the tube station that the train won't leave until the bike is removed.

danpalace07 20-07-2016 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13117358)
You're talking about the steps out of the Arthur W, yes?

Going anywhere in the concourses of that stand is a nightmare.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.