CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

PhuketEagle 14-11-2016 11:47 AM

Far East Eagle on Paul O'Grady - 'He is very clearly a Scouser.'

Who cares where he's from? He's still a pain in the ass!

pallet 14-11-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhuketEagle (Post 13314526)
Far East Eagle on Paul O'Grady - 'He is very clearly a Scouser.'

Who cares where he's from? He's still a pain in the ass!

In more ways than one.

Payroll Legend 14-11-2016 01:50 PM

"Special relationship"

Ffs.

Oddjob 15-11-2016 09:51 AM

Gushing remembrance day tributes on Facebook - 'we will never forget them, their voices will never go unheard' blah blah blah.

As I see it the whole RD thing is a discreet, understated and touching tribute to those who did make amazing sacrifices but instead gets hijacked by the usual sorts for the worst kind of virtue signalling. Get 2, buy a poppy and pay your respects in the traditional and suitable manner instead of copying and pasting someone else's words into your FB to feed your endless narcissism.

Davy64 15-11-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 13315598)
Gushing remembrance day tributes on Facebook - 'we will never forget them, their voices will never go unheard' blah blah blah.

As I see it the whole RD thing is a discreet, understated and touching tribute to those who did make amazing sacrifices but instead gets hijacked by the usual sorts for the worst kind of virtue signalling. Get 2, buy a poppy and pay your respects in the traditional and suitable manner instead of copying and pasting someone else's words into your FB to feed your endless narcissism.

describes FB nicely which is why i gave it up not long after i joined over 10 years ago. There seems to be a lot of insecure people out there.

E.X Moontoad 15-11-2016 11:10 AM

People who post ridiculously simplistic solutions to complex World, economic and social issues, on Internet message boards and newspaper comments sections. Then sign off with 'job done' or 'simples'.

ExiledStirling 15-11-2016 06:00 PM

Sky Sports news at it again.

Countdown clock for Man U v Arsenal on Saturday :mad:

Accompanied with loads of clips from games gone by between the two teams so we can be whipped into a frenzy about what a big game it is. All it actually achieves is to remind us about what a big it used to be.

Chocky 15-11-2016 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 13316112)

Accompanied with loads of clips from games gone by between the two teams so we can be whipped into a frenzy about what a big game it is. All it actually achieves is to remind us about what a big it used to be.

Exactly, they have gone mad this season turning it into American Wrestling type shit. Showing footage from 2001 ffs. If we stay up and Brighton somehow come up I expect the same thing. Focusing on the shit in the changing room and calling it 'Revenge of the turd' although we revenged that on the night and it won't be live on any poxy channel anyway. C*nts.

BERT'S HEAD 15-11-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

If it shows one thing it's the unbelievable passion shown by both sides, they really did give a feck about winning. The England v Scotland game tother night shows me the exact opposite.

Icy 15-11-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 13316147)
If it shows one thing it's the unbelievable passion shown by both sides, they really did give a feck about winning. The England v Scotland game tother night shows me the exact opposite.

Really? To me the only thing it shows is sky sports desire to drive armchair fans into a frothing gash over a 'big club' game to ramp up the advertising revenue and alleviate falling viewing figures.

International football has fallen by the way side and even most of the players don't seem to care.

BERT'S HEAD 15-11-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 13316201)
Really? To me the only thing it shows is sky sports desire to drive armchair fans into a frothing gash over a 'big club' game to ramp up the advertising revenue and alleviate falling viewing figures.

International football has fallen by the way side and even most of the players don't seem to care.

Which is my point. About internationals anyhow.

Terrace Bickle 15-11-2016 07:17 PM

Anyone who uses slang such as 'bare', or 'long'. Particularly when they are a middle class 'hipster' with a ridiculous beard, who's trousers have argued with their shoes, and have brightly coloured socks in the no-mans land.

remmer 15-11-2016 08:16 PM

Gardeners who leave the tags on their garden plants. Dunno why but I have an uncontrollable urge to rip them off - you should know their names anyway.

Jim Cannon 15-11-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Hopefully it will be another 0-0 snoozefest and they will finally learn their lesson

Terrace Bickle 15-11-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remmer (Post 13316247)
Gardeners who leave the tags on their garden plants. Dunno why but I have an uncontrollable urge to rip them off - you should know their names anyway.

In most areas of London now you're lucky to see a garden with any recognisable plants. Let alone anyone who could name them.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 15-11-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13316267)
In most areas of London now you're lucky to see a garden with any recognisable plants. Let alone anyone who could name them.

When I was over in May I was surprised by the parked car variety that most people had in their front gardens in Penge and Sydenham.

Little Fozzie 15-11-2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 13312678)
Woman at work.... she doesn't want to be there so bitches and moans for 8 hours, giving a running commentary of her feelings.

Talk about negative waves!

I'm not over the moon about being there myself, but she takes it to a new level, and bring me down with her.

I seem to so so much better days when she is out of the office, no matter what shit goes down.

Was sat opposite 2 of these moany old ***** in my last job. Drains the life from you day after day, them constantly moaning and bitching about how shit the job and workplace is. Unfortunately they were too ******* thick and lazy to get a different job

art malice 16-11-2016 12:30 PM

Hearing Franz Ferdinand's version of Sound and Vision in the Co-op. Poor man's Stars in Their Eyes.

sherrifbart 16-11-2016 12:54 PM

I watched the American election coverage,saw Kay Burley i dont remember ever taking such an instant dislike to anyone.What an annoying creature.Worst alleged journo ever.

Hedgehog 16-11-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Fozzie (Post 13316434)
Was sat opposite 2 of these moany old ***** in my last job. Drains the life from you day after day, them constantly moaning and bitching about how shit the job and workplace is. Unfortunately they were too ******* thick and lazy to get a different job

Yes - this one has been their 42 years!