CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

elgin eagle 17-11-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bintang (Post 13945030)
CNN

They hardly cover news any more, spending most of their time slagging off Trump and anything vaguely connected to him. OK fine, but not all the time.

Clinton News Network.. Its actually quite funny if you watch a rerun of The Day Today then put on CNN or the BBC :)

PIE "N" MASH 17-11-2017 09:39 AM

Being knocked off the motorbike on me way home last night and the car driver telling me he didn't see me.No f#cking shit sherlock:jerkit::jerkit:

jimmy the gent 17-11-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13944106)
Adidas. 319.85 for a pair of football boots, called Glitch, that allows you to change the colour to suit your mood by having interchangeable outer coloured covers. Wtf ! I know one of my sons mates dads will crumble and then he will be in my ear for a pair shortly. Over a thousand pounds for phones and now over 300 for football boots. What on earth is going on?

You could always tell him 'no, 300 quid for a pair of boots is ridiculous'. Paying that for your kids boots is rank bad parenting IMHO.

Maz 17-11-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13945080)
Being knocked off the motorbike on me way home last night and the car driver telling me he didn't see me.No f#cking shit sherlock:jerkit::jerkit:

Bad luck. Any damage to you? Any damage to the bike?

jimmy the gent 17-11-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13943469)
That's age. It is annoying. A good session is likely to stay with you three days when you are older.

I thinks that's why I read so many Palace fans on Facebook celebrating because they have given up the drink. They weren't alcoholics, but three pints was never enough and always ended up in much more. Leading to feeling crap for 3 days.

The cost of those nights out has soared, too.

For the most part I try and steer clear of hard liquor these days. My spiced rum and youtube music sessions are about 3 times a year.

Saying all that, I am on a session tonight - so should feel shite for the next three days.

I think this is overstated. Yes, when you're in your early adulthood you can shrug off a session in a blink of an eye, but if you follow basic recovery steps there's no reason a hangover should last anything beyond a day, no matter your age.

If you drink like a tool, ie scotch, beer and wine, dont drink water, drink absolute shit quality stuff, then obviously you're going to get stung. But if you rehydrate properly (magnessium and potassium tablets the next day and before bed if possible are a lifesaver), get a good breakfast in, then get a good walk and plenty of fresh air, then you should be able to shift a hangover within 5 or 6 hours easy. If that doesnt work, then hair of the dog, taper off and crash early in the evening.

bubbs11 17-11-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13944915)
The fact the BBC have seen fit to give Michael McIntyre another series

To be fair to the BBC, they spent 40 odd years being a safe house for raving pedophiles, so this is a step up really.

andyocpfc 17-11-2017 09:58 AM

How does hair of the dog actually work because often you feel like crap, manage to scrape a few beers down you and not only do you feel brand new again but also fine the next day (assuming you don't have the same as the previous night, obviously)?

Maidstoned Eagle 17-11-2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13945018)
Windows.

So kind of like android then.

Maidstoned Eagle 17-11-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13945080)

Had a van do that the other week...he was also making an illegal left turn.....my motorbike is bright orange and i have a rather lairy coloured jacket on....when they say they didn;t see you, what they mean is they didnt ******* look.

Maidstoned Eagle 17-11-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy the gent (Post 13945086)
You could always tell him 'no, 300 quid for a pair of boots is ridiculous'. Paying that for your kids boots is rank bad parenting IMHO.

And the money spent on a phone.

PIE "N" MASH 17-11-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13945091)
Bad luck. Any damage to you? Any damage to the bike?

Got off lucky,bruised ribs,damage to knee and lower leg.
Bike will be written off:frown:

PIE "N" MASH 17-11-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13945122)
what they mean is they didnt ******* look.

Nail on the head.Luckily the biker behind got it on his helmet cam,he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Maz 17-11-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13945159)
Got off lucky,bruised ribs,damage to knee and lower leg.
Bike will be written off:frown:

Good luck, I suppose. Hope everything works out, with the knee and with the insurance claim!

PIE "N" MASH 17-11-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 13945180)
Good luck, I suppose. Hope everything works out, with the knee and with the insurance claim!

Thank you.

art malice 17-11-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13945162)
Nail on the head.Luckily the biker behind got it on his helmet cam,he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Hope he makes a full recovery too

ceeby 17-11-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyocpfc (Post 13945099)
How does hair of the dog actually work because often you feel like crap, manage to scrape a few beers down you and not only do you feel brand new again but also fine the next day (assuming you don't have the same as the previous night, obviously)?

Because the problem with drinking is not the drinking, it's the stopping. A slow come down will always be better for you. Don't let the blood in your alcohol stream get too high :afro:

TopKnot 17-11-2017 01:08 PM

retailers getting more American with their language, recently using 'drop' as a verb to describe new products arriving. As in 'Latest model drops 25th November'. Why do they all have to copy each other.

elgin eagle 17-11-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13945189)
Hope he makes a full recovery too

:D

elgin eagle 17-11-2017 01:50 PM

1 Buy 400 litres of out of date varnish from Liverpool on ebay for cheap
2 organise courier from Shiply and accept quote
3 courier steals varnish and takes it back to Manchester, then claims bankruptcy and insists on 35 pound ransom fee to pick it up.
4 Shiply absolve themselves of all responsibility but credit courier deposit for next courier.
5 Elgin seeks advice from bbs on next step/retribution.

Maz 17-11-2017 02:04 PM

Did you buy on a credit card?