CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Lizzy 01-10-2009 09:36 PM

Shame you picked such a shit song.

Kevin T 01-10-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy
Huh?

And now in English please.

My current sim won't fit into my jesus hence why they are sending a new one so where would I sync my old sim to?

And you keep your contacts in a cloud? WTF? The same cloud that God sits on?

Not a cloud. 'The' cloud. Out on the t'interweb is what he means.

Ridcully 01-10-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Huh?

And now in English please.

My current sim won't fit into my jesus hence why they are sending a new one so where would I sync my old sim to?

And you keep your contacts in a cloud? WTF? The same cloud that God sits on?

And you want help angry woman?

Lizzy 01-10-2009 09:49 PM

I think me having an iphone might be like giving caviar to a pig.

Ridcully 01-10-2009 09:54 PM

Why doesn't your sim fit it? All Sims are the same physical size.

So to attempt to answer your question again, anything you have in Outlook you can sync with the iPhone.

As for the cloud, its the data cloud innit, its virtual, when you connect to the internet, you connect to the cloud, it goes with you where ever you are whatever device you are on.

Lizzy 01-10-2009 10:03 PM

I don't know - she just said you have an old sim I'll need to send you a new one.

Kevin T 01-10-2009 10:07 PM

Actually didn't sims change when 3g first came in. I remember having to change sim when I bought my first 3g phone. But that was a while ago on an old Sony Ericsson. Surely Lizzy's N95 would be the same?

Ridcully 01-10-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

I don't know - she just said you have an old sim I'll need to send you a new one.

You probably have a 2G SIM (GSM) and you now need a 3G one (UMTS).

Ridcully 01-10-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin T
Actually didn't sims change when 3g first came in. I remember having to change sim when I bought my first 3g phone. But that was a while ago on an old Sony Ericsson. Surely Lizzy's N95 would be the same?

Yep would have thought so, now this may be a really stupid question but have you tried it?

Lizzy 01-10-2009 10:09 PM

that would make sense.

Anyway - I am going to input all my contacts into outlook as well as try the sync with sim thing that way if I do lose them I still have them on outlook.

Losing all my numbers would properly make my life a ballsache,

Kevin T 01-10-2009 10:11 PM

She hasn't got the handset yet. Hopefully the SIM will arrive tomorrow.

Lizzy 01-10-2009 10:15 PM

And the handset is due to arrive tomorrow to work.

I am genuinely surprised at the lack of abuse for choosing the White option.

Ridcully 01-10-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

that would make sense.

Anyway - I am going to input all my contacts into outlook as well as try the sync with sim thing that way if I do lose them I still have them on outlook.

Losing all my numbers would properly make my life a ballsache,

Put them all in Outlook then import to Google, once you get them all connected you can sync them over the air like magic

Ridcully 01-10-2009 10:36 PM

Yep headphones work as a sound and mic device for voice chat on the PS3 but stupid Sony doesn't support A2DP even though the device can do it so the sound has to come through the TV or amp, how ******* dum

El Aguila 01-10-2009 10:56 PM

I like the cloud simile.
It is like having a threat of rain and shitstorm hanging over your head, wherever you go.

Ridcully 01-10-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila
I like the cloud simile.
It is like having a threat of rain and shitstorm hanging over your head, wherever you go.

I like to think of it that my record collection is with me at all times ;)

Smoz 02-10-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
I like to think of it that my record collection is with me at all times ;)

Via Dropbox I assume?

This sounds interesting to me. I don't have enough room on my 32gb to fit all my music on, this isn't a problem as I don't need all my music at all times but it would be nice to have it available.

Am I also able to do similar with video? i.e. can I upload video to a Dropbox account and play it back on my iphone (subject to 3G coverage)?

Ridcully 02-10-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Via Dropbox I assume?

This sounds interesting to me. I don't have enough room on my 32gb to fit all my music on, this isn't a problem as I don't need all my music at all times but it would be nice to have it available.

Am I also able to do similar with video? i.e. can I upload video to a Dropbox account and play it back on my iphone (subject to 3G coverage)?

You can have anything you want in your dropbox file wise, if the files are in a format compatible with the iPhone players they will be played from the box. If you mark any of the files as a favourite a local copy will be synced to the phone so you don't even need to be connected :)

Dave 02-10-2009 08:37 AM

doesn't want to play videos for me

Dave 02-10-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Indeed I do. A very sturdy plastic case plus a screen protector.

I expect you refuse to wear a condom, don't you?

I don't need to wear a condom as I am part of a loving long term relationship.

People who put covers on iphones are just the worst