CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

dannyboy1807 14-12-2008 10:24 PM

i have no name and extenstion session that there going on about

dannyboy1807 14-12-2008 10:42 PM

its cool everyone stop panicking i have done it.

Stavros 69 16-12-2008 12:26 PM

You'll all be happy to know, esp David that my iphone has managed to heal itself.
Don't ask me how, but it truely is a Jesus phone.

BOOYYAAAHHH

Random* 17-12-2008 11:58 AM

Would it be fair to say that the iPhone is the best mobile browsing experience out there?

Also, anyone got any feelings as to whether I should go for it right now or in a couple of months time?

Dave 17-12-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random*
Would it be fair to say that the iPhone is the best mobile browsing experience out there?

Also, anyone got any feelings as to whether I should go for it right now or in a couple of months time?

Web browsing is pretty much it's forte but it isn't perfect, you can't do file uploads, there is no flash etc. It's still the best I have seen.

Why would you wait?

Isle of Wight 17-12-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random*
Would it be fair to say that the iPhone is the best mobile browsing experience out there?

Also, anyone got any feelings as to whether I should go for it right now or in a couple of months time?

One of the best but I am unsure about it being the best.

No flash support is a right pain. Loads of sites use this and my Iphone just gives an annoying box. My mates windows mobile based works fine. His is better for seeing the content on sites. The Iphone is the master of navigation with the stroke to scroll and the pinch to expand. Lovely. But no good if you cant see the info in the 1st place.
Bluetooth support is awful. I have no idea why but you can't bluetooth pictures. I want to share with people when I meet up. Cant do it.
I also want to MMS. Cant email as others phones dont have email support. Can't do it.
I want to take video clips. Can't do it.
I want to take pictures with a flash. It hasnt got one. That said its low light is pretty good but loads of occasions are missed out with not haveing a flass.
I was lucky in that I was given a V1 (boss upgraded to 3G and gave me his old one) I am using mine as an ipod touch and have kept my Nokia.
If they can resolve some of these complaints, which i'm sure they will, I would then give it the phone of the universe award, until then I will stick with my Nokia.

Dave 17-12-2008 01:24 PM

I'd rather have no phone than ever use symbian again

Stavros 69 17-12-2008 01:30 PM

I still use my old phone as an alarm clock, because i usally chuck it across the room, but it's nothing compared to an iphone. Just to look at my old phone makes me sick.

Isle of Wight 17-12-2008 05:07 PM

Oh and you have to use apple headphones as the other standard jacks are just too wide to fit in the socket.

Dave 17-12-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight
Oh and you have to use apple headphones as the other standard jacks are just too wide to fit in the socket.

Lies.

Wardy91 17-12-2008 06:31 PM

in the neww iphone 3g u can use any type of headphone, as i use seinnhieser headphones

Isle of Wight 17-12-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Lies.


LOL no its not. I have Sony and Sennheiser in ear types and Technics Full size and none of them fit. The jack is the right size but dont reach as the socket is in a resess so the plastic that surrounds the jack needs to be really narrow so the jack can reach. There may be some out there that can but 100% of mine dont.

Wardy91 17-12-2008 07:09 PM

oh, well mine do, i have seinheiser ones and they work perfectly

James 17-12-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight
One of the best but I am unsure about it being the best.

No flash support is a right pain. Loads of sites use this and my Iphone just gives an annoying box. My mates windows mobile based works fine. His is better for seeing the content on sites. The Iphone is the master of navigation with the stroke to scroll and the pinch to expand. Lovely. But no good if you cant see the info in the 1st place.
Bluetooth support is awful. I have no idea why but you can't bluetooth pictures. I want to share with people when I meet up. Cant do it.
I also want to MMS. Cant email as others phones dont have email support. Can't do it.
I want to take video clips. Can't do it.
I want to take pictures with a flash. It hasnt got one. That said its low light is pretty good but loads of occasions are missed out with not haveing a flass.
I was lucky in that I was given a V1 (boss upgraded to 3G and gave me his old one) I am using mine as an ipod touch and have kept my Nokia.
If they can resolve some of these complaints, which i'm sure they will, I would then give it the phone of the universe award, until then I will stick with my Nokia.

These are all very good points.

The IPhone is absolutely brilliant, but it could be so, so much better.

The frustrating thing is that many of the problems you have identified could be sorted out with a firmware upgrade. The hardware is quite capable of delivering all these things.

I am amazed that Adobe Flash isn't supported (since its use is ubiquitous now on the WWW) - and why can't we record video clips with the camera? Even the most basic camera phone allows this.

Isle of Wight 17-12-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wardy91
oh, well mine do, i have seinheiser ones and they work perfectly

Guess I am unlucky. :sob: My Sennheisers are L shaped for some reason and maybe the Sony's and Full Size Technics are just fat

Isle of Wight 17-12-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
These are all very good points.

The IPhone is absolutely brilliant, but it could be so, so much better.

The frustrating thing is that many of the problems you have identified could be sorted out with a firmware upgrade. The hardware is quite capable of delivering all these things.

I am amazed that Adobe Flash isn't supported (since its use is ubiquitous now on the WWW) - and why can't we record video clips with the camera? Even the most basic camera phone allows this.

Does my headphone point count as well ;)


I agree with you BTW, brilliant phone but could be even more so

Wardy91 17-12-2008 07:15 PM

lol i reckon u are, i also use the in ear apple ones which work great

James 17-12-2008 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight
Does my headphone point count as well ;)


I agree with you BTW, brilliant phone but could be even more so

I have never used the Apple Headphones. I use a couple of cheapo headphones when I am at the Gym - and I have used some 'L shaped' ones as well!

Is yours a 3g IPhone? The jack socket on my phone seems to be quite standard - I can't see why any mini-jack wouldn't fit in it.

Wardy91 17-12-2008 07:26 PM

aye i have a 3g iphone and they work perfectly fine, the jck fit snugg into my socket

Dave 17-12-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight
Guess I am unlucky. :sob: My Sennheisers are L shaped for some reason and maybe the Sony's and Full Size Technics are just fat

You might want to think before passing off ill informed opinion as fact


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.