CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Away Fans End (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The New Man City... (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175971)

kafka 10-10-2008 09:35 PM

The New Man City...

If you don't hate us now; that should do it.

Godstone Eagle 10-10-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafka
If you don't hate us now; that should do it.

Why should we hate you? We hate Brighton and Millwall in case you werent aware. I wasnt aware though that the offer has been accepted, and has all gone through but congratulations. Good luck though on your quest for a club that hates you as much as you hate them, let us know when youve found one!

kafka 10-10-2008 09:49 PM

Caught one!

philsick 10-10-2008 09:49 PM

Plastic souless owners,for plastic souless club.Wots there to hate(though i love it when they lose).

Godstone Eagle 10-10-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kafka
Caught one!

Bless :)

kafka 10-10-2008 09:50 PM

...and one more

seagull08 10-10-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godstone Eagle
Why should we hate you? We hate Brighton and Millwall in case you werent aware. I wasnt aware though that the offer has been accepted, and has all gone through but congratulations. Good luck though on your quest for a club that hates you as much as you hate them, let us know when youve found one!

Aww thx for hating us. So sweet of ya.

Hate ya right back :love: :love: :love:

kafka 10-10-2008 10:11 PM

I don't hate you chaps...poor ole Simes though...had the biggest For Sale board up for months with tumbleweed reaction... trouble is trying to sell something you don't own never really works...rule 1 of business, even for Johnny Foreigner.

Godstone Eagle 10-10-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seagull08

:D No worries :p

thefox 10-10-2008 11:27 PM

Zabeel Investments big investors in property , why would they invest in a money losing business like football :hmph:

What is the land value up your way , the valley that is , not the middle of kent ?

I dont think we will save your pikey club again when you have no where to play . :hi: :hi:

AJ's right boot 11-10-2008 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seagull08

of you mug.

Blue Spice 11-10-2008 06:16 AM

How can anyone hate us? :p We're so flippin' unpredictable even WE don't know what to make of us :D (And may it never change - that's what I love about this roller coaster ride.)

Mat ov CPFC 11-10-2008 06:28 AM

To the Charlton fan who started this thread...

Are you pleased about this ? Is this what you want for your football club ?

Will you happily pay up the higher prices that such take overs invariably bring ?

Genuinely interested because I would have such mixed feelings if such a thing where to happen here.

Zohar Returns 11-10-2008 06:33 AM

Will the new owners continue to ferry in "fans" from Lands End....

DiscoCAFC 11-10-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC
To the Charlton fan who started this thread...

Are you pleased about this ? Is this what you want for your football club ?

Will you happily pay up the higher prices that such take overs invariably bring ?

Genuinely interested because I would have such mixed feelings if such a thing where to happen here.

That won't happen because our board are prepared to stay on and assist the new owners if this deal goes through. We are 20m in Debt at the moment but until our shareholders accept the offer our debt will clear :D

Same time IF we end up being a top 5 premiership side in 10 years I would not be at all suprised if we start getting some glory hunters going to The Valley :hmph:

There is some bad feelings but overall it is exciting for us if the deal goes through :)

DiscoCAFC 11-10-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Spice
How can anyone hate us? :p We're so flippin' unpredictable even WE don't know what to make of us :D (And may it never change - that's what I love about this roller coaster ride.)

You never know we could become league rivals :D

Man Shitty scum :D lol

Your turn ;)

Popester 11-10-2008 08:41 AM

A Dubai investment company wants to buy Charlton? Doesnt that suggest that they want to make money out of the deal rather than spunk money on the club? I'd be a little worried about this if I was a Charlton fan. As a Palace fan, I'd like to put on record my sincere hope that SJ wont allow Charlton to ground-share with us in a few years when the Clown's foreign oweners lose interest....

IanH 11-10-2008 08:52 AM

"[B]The passion of the fans at Charlton, the heritage of the club and the unique status it enjoys in the community make it an exciting proposition for us."

Surely this is a wind-up?

Heb 7:4 11-10-2008 09:34 AM

I'd have mixed feelings too (as do my Charlton friends)

And of course football takes far more than money. But it will be very good for Charlton to be secure. I just worry about the direction football is taking. It's being taken over from abroad, now possibly moving abroad (game 39), prices are ludicrious compared to Italy or Germany (aren't tickets about 5 there?)

I miss the days where you could wake up, give a ring round to your mates (not all of whom would support Palace) and go to the game. Now you're herded in, herded out, sold warm beer and crap burgers at ridiculous prices, treated like consumers while all the time being told this is good for football by people like scudamore :(

pauldrulez 11-10-2008 09:43 AM

Actually, I saw it as the new QPR, except you will probably have Bob Dowie as your manager.