CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Stavros 69 27-10-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
I don't use push, mines fine. Fetch hourly does me fine.

That's all i would need anyway, i cant use it for work and i'm office based anyway. It's just if i want to email Dave and get him to fix my NTL.
Is a gmail account the best to have for the i-phone ?

Smoz 27-10-2008 03:44 PM

Google Earth is now available as a free application for the iPhone/iPod Touch from the iTunes store.

wickham_eagle 27-10-2008 08:05 PM

just downloaded is ok but is a bit slow to load and zoom in etc etc even with good signal and 3g coverage,prefer the pre installed map allocation instead

sheriff 27-10-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Is a gmail account the best to have for the i-phone ?

I think so yh. It is the easiest!

Ridcully 27-10-2008 08:54 PM

Gmail execution is good but I'd guess its the same for any imap enabled exchange

ozzieEagle 31-10-2008 07:15 AM

One thing that has made me sit up and take notice about the Iphone, is the fact that it's the only phone currently that will work with the Pennytel Smartphone service.

The Pennytel smartphone service afaik (because it is cutting edge) requires only a internet connection not a phone connection, which once your connected means you are fully on their voip system at 10.9 cents per minute (no flagfall) and billed per second... Aus prices (should be similar in the UK) to all other mobile networks. Plus the usual cheap or free local and natonal calls. In fact they have a deal with costs AUD 19 dollars per month, which includes 150 free mobile calls or 500 mins of Mobile. As Pennytel are a internatnational organization... they work throughout Asia... India... Pakistan. USA and the UK, then I'd say this system is available in the UK.

Am I correct in Assuming that if one was to take the 39 dollar 6 gig allowance via 3 network... there should be something similar in the UK... then that and the cheapest payg sim for receiving calls would be all you would need to run the Iphone at very cheap rates ?

Details here.

http://www.pennytel.com/

and here... Pennytel are hopeless at explaining things.... they aim for the Chinese market I think..

However this Smartphone voip connection stuff looks really good.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1060995.html


Just to explain a little better.... Monthly 39 dollar 6 gig 3 connection.... + Pennytel smartphone account @ 19 dollars per month fully inclusive of all local and national calls and 150 mobiles per month... plus whatever the cheapest sim calls for receiving calls

Dave 31-10-2008 08:51 AM

skype is cheaper, free

Brett 31-10-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Men At Work
"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone... What Apple risks here is its reputation as a hot company that can do no wrong. If it's smart it will call the iPhone a 'reference design' and pass it to some suckers to build with someone else's marketing budget. Then it can wash its hands of any marketplace failures... Otherwise I'd advise people to cover their eyes. You are not going to like what you'll see." - John C. Dvorak, March 28, 2007

"iPhone which doesn't look, I mean to me, I'm looking at this thing and I think it's kind of trending against, you know, what's really going, what people are really liking on, in these phones nowadays, which are those little keypads. I mean, the Blackjack from Samsung, the Blackberry, obviously, you know kind of pushes this thing, the Palm, all these... And I guess some of these stocks went down on the Apple announcement, thinking that Apple could do no wrong, but I think Apple can do wrong and I think this is it." - John C. Dvorak, BloatJanuary 13, 2007

John C. Dvorak is to telecoms analytics what selhurstparkflyer is to economics.

Dave 31-10-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett
John C. Dvorak is to telecoms analytics what selhurstparkflyer is to economics.

:)

Men At Work 31-10-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett
John C. Dvorak is to telecoms analytics what selhurstparkflyer is to economics.

Surprisingly there were no quotes from Rob Enderle. He is to market analysis what GreatGonzo is to football discussion.

ozzieEagle 31-10-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
skype is cheaper, free

Bullsheet, not to non skype mobiles ... Pennytel also have free calls to their own subscribers.

Skype charge 29 cents per minute timed to other mobiles. (in Aus). v 10.9 per minute cents for Pennytel calls. Plus you have to have access to skype, which may come under a different type of contract in the UK... . Over here you have to pay 3 an access fee to get to skype.

So are you saying you can get unlimited access for phone and internet... well 6 gigs... for less than 20 quid per month..plus sim card access ?

I honestly think Pennytel have the running on Skype with this. Got to admit it could be different in the UK... depends on what skype charge to non skype mobiles in the UK... plus what skype charge for calls to non Skype customers for landline and local and national and International calls. Personally I thought it was the same charge the world over... If I'm right Pennytel are definitely cheaper. For non Skype calls. Surely not everyone you call has Skype ?




have another look.

ozzieEagle 31-10-2008 09:26 PM

Skype to go is the equivalent of what I'm talking about here.

http://share.skype.com/sites/en/2007...onal_call.html

Heres the Skype billing rates...

http://www.skype.com/prices/callrates/

Skype did trial free calls to non skype Mobiles and Landlines in the US and Canada recently, however that promotion has stopped now.

Here are the far cheaper Pennytel rates.

http://www.google.com.au/search?clie...=Google+Search

The only way I can fault this system is whether the 3 connection @ 6 gigs is enough to cover the usage per month. Thats the part I need clarification on.

How much broadband usage would a heavy Iphone user use ? I would have thought it pretty difficult to get to 6 gigs. Surely no one is going to download large files on the Mobile broadband system.

Dave 31-10-2008 09:31 PM

Meh - skype to skype would be of more use

6Gb of data is pathetic

ozzieEagle 31-10-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Meh - skype to skype would be of more use

6Gb of data is pathetic

You can have skype as well.

Yes I realise the 6gb is very low, Australia is very behind on Mobile Broadband thus far.

however your end you can run what you like.

James 01-11-2008 10:48 AM

There have been some excellent Application recommendations in this thread, so let me add one of my own (I don't think it has been mentioned so far).

You must try Labyrinth Lite (the free version). I honestly can't believe how clever the graphics and functionality are with this game. It really looks as if you are guiding a real ball through a maze. Nothing shows off the brilliance of this piece of kit better, in my view. Since it's free - you have to say that it's worth every penny.

KingsleY 01-11-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
There have been some excellent Application recommendations in this thread, so let me add one of my own (I don't think it has been mentioned so far).

You must try Labyrinth Lite (the free version). I honestly can't believe how clever the graphics and functionality are with this game. It really looks as if you are guiding a real ball through a maze. Nothing shows off the brilliance of this piece of kit better, in my view. Since it's free - you have to say that it's worth every penny.

Even further, buy the full edition. Hundreds upon hundreds of levels. Its fantastic

Ridcully 01-11-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
There have been some excellent Application recommendations in this thread, so let me add one of my own (I don't think it has been mentioned so far).

You must try Labyrinth Lite (the free version). I honestly can't believe how clever the graphics and functionality are with this game. It really looks as if you are guiding a real ball through a maze. Nothing shows off the brilliance of this piece of kit better, in my view. Since it's free - you have to say that it's worth every penny.

Good call James, I did already have it but agree its a little peach of a game when you have a few minutes to kill

Ridcully 01-11-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
That's all i would need anyway, i cant use it for work and i'm office based anyway. It's just if i want to email Dave and get him to fix my NTL.
Is a gmail account the best to have for the i-phone ?

Got the train to London today (don't do that very often) and the journey killed the battery as I was surfing. Most of the time I use the surfing on wifi and its pretty good battery wise, it could be that the phone was polling for a signal a lot as it was on and off all the way up there but if you have a journey like this I can imagine it will be bloody annoying.

ozzieEagle 01-11-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
Got the train to London today (don't do that very often) and the journey killed the battery as I was surfing. Most of the time I use the surfing on wifi and its pretty good battery wise, it could be that the phone was polling for a signal a lot as it was on and off all the way up there but if you have a journey like this I can imagine it will be bloody annoying.

http://www.mophie.com/products/juice-pack

There are plenty of phone battery life extenders out there now.

Personally I'd like to hear from someone that has used one.

Shoreditch CPFC 04-11-2008 01:28 PM

What application is in the IPHONE advert? Some kind of Kart racing game. Is it any good?

Dave 07-11-2008 11:50 AM

Exciting news.

Legal tethering is on it's way along with OTA podcast support

Stavros 69 07-11-2008 12:29 PM

This time next week i might be as cool as Dave.

James 07-11-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Exciting news.

Legal tethering is on it's way along with OTA podcast support

Source?

Smoz 07-11-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Source?


http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2008/11/...ay-for-iphone/

dannyboy1807 07-11-2008 01:53 PM

i got my I-phone yesterday and have been playing about, tying to download things from Apple i sign in and everything it goes to download and says authorization failed please connect to I-tunes do i have to have I-tunes on my PC

Dave 07-11-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
i got my I-phone yesterday and have been playing about, tying to download things from Apple i sign in and everything it goes to download and says authorization failed please connect to I-tunes do i have to have I-tunes on my PC

yes

Dave 07-11-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
This time next week i might be as cool as Dave.

seriously, don't get one

Stavros 69 07-11-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
seriously, don't get one

Sorry i thought this was the polo jacket thread.

dannyboy1807 07-11-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
yes

bugger


thankyou.

James 07-11-2008 06:38 PM

Will O2 follow AT&T?

klimskady 08-11-2008 04:53 PM

Wonder if anyone can assist, I usually use the iPhone to access the app store and to download rather than my pc.

The thing is when I connect my iPhone to iTunes it doesn't recognise that there are any apps on the phone.

How do I resolve this?

TIA

Dave 08-11-2008 05:02 PM

Have you set iTunes to sync apps?

klimskady 08-11-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Have you set iTunes to sync apps?

It used to be checked but now its not, and when I select it it says it will replace the apps on the iPhone with those that are on the iTunes library.

I thought it would wipe them from the phone?

klimskady 08-11-2008 06:05 PM

Sorted..

Thanks Dave.

James 09-11-2008 12:45 PM

Would any IPhone user with WunderRadio please try Radio 4 for me?

Since yesterday, the buffer stops at 61% on this station (whether London, Glasgow or anywhere else) and the application has to be restarted before I can tune to anything else. I want to know if it's just me, or whether this is an application (or stream) bug.

Johnson 09-11-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Would any IPhone user with WunderRadio please try Radio 4 for me?

Since yesterday, the buffer stops at 61% on this station (whether London, Glasgow or anywhere else) and the application has to be restarted before I can tune to anything else. I want to know if it's just me, or whether this is an application (or stream) bug.

Just checked on mine and it goes to 61% then stops, so guess a problem with the application.

James 09-11-2008 01:12 PM

Thanks.

sheriff 10-11-2008 07:27 PM

To All, Make sure you sync and back up your iphone as regular as you can. I have had to restore mine today and am now spending hours restoring all my apps. All because I set up a MS exchange account that decided it would set its own passcode! poxy work email!

Dave 10-11-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheriff
To All, Make sure you sync and back up your iphone as regular as you can. I have had to restore mine today and am now spending hours restoring all my apps. All because I set up a MS exchange account that decided it would set its own passcode! poxy work email!

How can setting the exchange passcode cause a problem?

James 10-11-2008 07:54 PM

Is there a good (independent) Website where all the available applications for the IPhone/Touch are reviewed and recommended?

Men At Work 10-11-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Is there a good (independent) Website where all the available applications for the IPhone/Touch are reviewed and recommended?

http://cantouchthis.com.au/ appears pretty good so far.

Dave 10-11-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Men At Work
http://cantouchthis.com.au/ appears pretty good so far.

Pretty few reviews other than the author.

Stavros 69 10-11-2008 08:50 PM

HTC Touch HD
Any thoughts on this one ?

Dave 10-11-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
HTC Touch HD
Any thoughts on this one ?

windows mobile, perfect fit, go for it

Stavros 69 10-11-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
windows mobile, perfect fit, go for it

David, oh you are becoming predictable.

I can upgrade from tomorrow.

Just want to make sure i'm making the right choice.

Dave 10-11-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
David, oh you are becoming predictable.

I can upgrade from tomorrow.

Just want to make sure i'm making the right choice.

Seriously, get the windows mobile phone, it would suit you

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Mac_and_PC.jpg

Stavros 69 10-11-2008 09:37 PM

I want to be like you

sheriff 10-11-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
How can setting the exchange passcode cause a problem?

because it kinda came out of nowhere. 1 minute no pword next an 11 digit one that I had never used on my phone

Dave 11-11-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheriff
because it kinda came out of nowhere. 1 minute no pword next an 11 digit one that I had never used on my phone

I must be missing something, my exchange pass is 4 digits and I got to chose them.

Dave 11-11-2008 12:55 PM

BTW - anyone thinking of buying these headphones - think again - they aren't all that

PalaceMonkey 11-11-2008 12:57 PM

is there any LEGAL place to get free tv or film or anything like that?
(to download, not to stream)

Dave 11-11-2008 12:59 PM

bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Stavros 69 11-11-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
is there any LEGAL place to get free tv or film or anything like that?
(to download, not to stream)


SO PM after a few weeks with your i[hone are you happy with it???
Pro's and Con's ?!?!

PalaceMonkey 11-11-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
bbc.co.uk/iplayer

I can download from there?
Didn't know that.


Stav, I am liking it a lot.
Can't really think of any cons, battery life probably but I just have a charger at work too.

I am also having Itunes related problems, but that isn't the phone's fault per se.

Stavros 69 11-11-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
I can download from there?
Didn't know that.


Stav, I am liking it a lot.
Can't really think of any cons, battery life probably but I just have a charger at work too.

I am also having Itunes related problems, but that isn't the phone's fault per se.

Thanks PM

James 11-11-2008 06:40 PM

Various reports appear to suggest that Apple plans to release the next software update for the iPhone, iPhone Software 2.2, on Friday, November 21st.

Smoz 11-11-2008 06:51 PM

Mrs Smoz got herself an iPhone at the weekend (due to being jealous of my iPod touch).

There are a couple of apps that I have heard of that she would like, but have been unable to find them on itunes. The first allows you to use the keyboard in landscape mode when typing SMSs, the other gives access to real time train running info. Does anyone on here use these apps? If so what are they called?

Ridcully 11-11-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey
I can download from there?
Didn't know that.

Google iPlayer Downloader Monkey, its a nice app.

Got me the Killers concert last night.

Ridcully 11-11-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Mrs Smoz got herself an iPhone at the weekend (due to being jealous of my iPod touch).

There are a couple of apps that I have heard of that she would like, but have been unable to find them on itunes. The first allows you to use the keyboard in landscape mode when typing SMSs, the other gives access to real time train running info. Does anyone on here use these apps? If so what are they called?

Smoz I just created a weblink to the train info bit of network rail, does the same for free.

Dave 11-11-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Mrs Smoz got herself an iPhone at the weekend (due to being jealous of my iPod touch).

There are a couple of apps that I have heard of that she would like, but have been unable to find them on itunes. The first allows you to use the keyboard in landscape mode when typing SMSs, the other gives access to real time train running info. Does anyone on here use these apps? If so what are they called?

firemail

Smoz 11-11-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
firemail


Thanks but that appears to be email only, not SMS. Will let her know though.

Dave 12-11-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Various reports appear to suggest that Apple plans to release the next software update for the iPhone, iPhone Software 2.2, on Friday, November 21st.

* A new look for Safari with the Google search bar now occupying its own space on the title bar
* The ability to turn auto-correction on and off
* Emoji icons, which should be welcome over in Japan
* New language support
* Support for Google street view and Google transit information
* The ability to download podcasts wirelessly
* New App Store features such as easier navigation, and better previews of applications via screenshot

Turning off autocorrect is sweet but wireless podcasts is amazing despite the low maximum size

wickham_eagle 12-11-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Mrs Smoz got herself an iPhone at the weekend (due to being jealous of my iPod touch).

the other gives access to real time train running info. Does anyone on here use these apps? If so what are they called?

have just added one myself called my rail lite gives you live departure boards from all stations and can save stations into your profile

toucaneagle 12-11-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle
have just added one myself called my rail lite gives you live departure boards from all stations and can save stations into your profile

What a brilliant app... just discovered iFooty as well. Is not the iPhone the greatest piece of personal tech EVER!!?

Sure, the phone is good hardware but the way it integrates with the App store in iTunes is just genius. True end-to-end thinking from Apple.

Baloo 12-11-2008 11:22 AM

Huzzah. I have finally acquired an iPhone.

I have been following comments on this thread over the last few months and recall seeing a number of lovely tips on how to make best use of it.

Rather than go all the way back through the thread, please can someone summarise the principlal points for me in one post?

Ta.

sheriff 12-11-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
I must be missing something, my exchange pass is 4 digits and I got to chose them.

I didnt get to choose it. When I added the mail account it took it upon itself to add the password that I use with my work email. As soon as I take it off (the email account) it goes and I can choose a 4 digit code.

Stavros 69 12-11-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
Huzzah. I have finally acquired an iPhone.

I have been following comments on this thread over the last few months and recall seeing a number of lovely tips on how to make best use of it.

Rather than go all the way back through the thread, please can someone summarise the principlal points for me in one post?

Ta.

Who are you again ??

Gladys Allover 12-11-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
BTW - anyone thinking of buying these headphones - think again - they aren't all that

Why not, i've got them on my ipod and they are quality, then again i am no connoisseur! Hopefully getting my iphone tomorrow and look forward to benefiting from all the wise words on here :)

Dave 12-11-2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
Why not, i've got them on my ipod and they are quality, then again i am no connoisseur! Hopefully getting my iphone tomorrow and look forward to benefiting from all the wise words on here :)

Two reasons.

First, they offer very little insulation from wind - so on windy days expect to hear lots of bloody wind.

Second, the multifuction (next track, previous track) is so unbearably slow and hit and miss as to be a nightmare

Stavros 69 12-11-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Two reasons.

First, they offer very little insulation from wind - so on windy days expect to hear lots of bloody wind.

Second, the multifuction (next track, previous track) is so unbearably slow and hit and miss as to be a nightmare

LOL

good review.

Quite expensive for what they are.

Might have a peak in the states for a decent pair.

Dave 12-11-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
LOL

good review.

Quite expensive for what they are.

Might have a peak in the states for a decent pair.

They won't fit HTC mobile phones

James 12-11-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
Huzzah. I have finally acquired an iPhone.

I have been following comments on this thread over the last few months and recall seeing a number of lovely tips on how to make best use of it.

Rather than go all the way back through the thread, please can someone summarise the principlal points for me in one post?

Ta.

My IPhone Application recommendations:

Essential

1. Airsharing

Allows you to connect your IPhone to your computer and view/modify contents of folders. Requires a WiFi connection.

2. Fring

Skype on the IPhone. Skype chat works anywhere (i.e. Edge or 3g), but Skype calls only work with WiFi. Nevertheless it's a must have application if you frequesntly use Skype (which I do with relatives abroad). Oh yes - it also enables msn chat etc.

3. WunderRadio

This turns your IPhone into a portable, fully functional, WiFi radio. OK, it doesn't work with 'Listen again' and it crashes occasionally, but this is one brilliant application. Most importantly, it works with all the BBC stations.

Would hate to be without ...

1. Labyrinth.

An absolutely amazing game - now featured on the IPhone adverts. Try the free 'lite' edition to see what I mean.

2. TV Plus.

If you have Sky, then you will appreciate this. You can look at the TV Listings for up to a week ahead - and send a remote record request to your Sky + box. Works perfectly.

3. iFooty

Set Crystal Palace as your Team, and you can receive live (and pretty immediate) text commentary on Palace games from the BBC - as well as latest news etc.

4. Facebook

If you have a Facebook account (and who doesn't these days) this is a very good application. You can do almost everything that you are able to do when logged in via your PC.

5. Trace

A free game (but for how much longer?) Very clever and highly challenging. Makes the best use of the 'touch' facility. Great fun.

6. Voice Notes

Use your IPhone as a voice recorder.

7. Hanoi

I love this application. It's the old game 'towers of Hanoi'. A free application that will keep you entertained for ages.

8. Stitcher

Personalised Audio - delivered. Choose from a long list of podcasts and listen to them when you are out and about.

Smoz 12-11-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle
have just added one myself called my rail lite gives you live departure boards from all stations and can save stations into your profile


Cheers WE, I have just downloaded it & think it is just what she is after.

wickham_eagle 12-11-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Cheers WE, I have just downloaded it & think it is just what she is after.


is handy used it myself from work on way to station tonight and informed me my next train had been cancelled !! :rolleyes: :D

Baloo 13-11-2008 08:40 AM

Thanks James. That's given me plenty to start with.

Hi Stav. :hi:

wickham_eagle 13-11-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
Thanks James. That's given me plenty to start with.

Hi Stav. :hi:


another free application i find usefull is around me wherever you are gives you all local information and contact phone numbers

Swanny32 14-11-2008 10:13 AM

Lads, hoping you can assist me with a slight problem i seem to be having at the moment.

Up until yesterday my phone was working as sweet as you like, little bit slow now and then but it worked. All of a sudden I am unable to access the store, facebook and the internet in general. I have full network coverage but the small circular dot that appears next to the service provider has disappeared.

Can anyone help as it's driving me nuts

KingsleY 14-11-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
Lads, hoping you can assist me with a slight problem i seem to be having at the moment.

Up until yesterday my phone was working as sweet as you like, little bit slow now and then but it worked. All of a sudden I am unable to access the store, facebook and the internet in general. I have full network coverage but the small circular dot that appears next to the service provider has disappeared.

Can anyone help as it's driving me nuts

Do a hard reset, Home and power button at the same time for about 20 seconds.
If not, then Im guessing local issue..try with your wifi

Swanny32 14-11-2008 11:04 AM

Just done a hard reset, hope it doesn't erase my data!

Swanny32 14-11-2008 11:19 AM

It appeared briefly when it turned itself back on but then disappeared again, any more ideas?

Works fine on Wifi as i was using it last night but problem is I don't have access to Wifi at the moment

Swanny32 14-11-2008 11:28 AM

It comes and goes, someone help!

Dave 14-11-2008 11:29 AM

sounds like local coverage issue like Kingsely says

Swanny32 14-11-2008 11:38 AM

As if by magic, it's working again now. Bloody thing!

dannyboy1807 14-11-2008 11:42 AM

labrinyth is good but i completed it in 5 minutes

KingsleY 14-11-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
labrinyth is good but i completed it in 5 minutes

Buy it then

Swanny32 14-11-2008 12:27 PM

Nope stopped working again now, im getting the raving hump with this bloody thing!

dannyboy1807 14-11-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY
Buy it then

i am not paying 4 i deleted.

KingsleY 14-11-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
i am not paying 4 i deleted.

Sorry,you just sounded dissapointed that it was short, and made it sound like the complete game is short.

dannyboy1807 14-11-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY
Sorry,you just sounded dissapointed that it was short, and made it sound like the complete game is short.

i didnt mean that message to come out as rude as it did i am sorry i thought it would be a bit trickier than it was is the buyable game longer and harder

Ridcully 14-11-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanny32
It appeared briefly when it turned itself back on but then disappeared again, any more ideas?

Works fine on Wifi as i was using it last night but problem is I don't have access to Wifi at the moment

It means you don't have a data signal...dot is GPRS, E is Edge and 3G is well I'll let you work that one out :D

It could just be that the cell you are near has a problem.

KingsleY 14-11-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy1807
i didnt mean that message to come out as rude as it did i am sorry i thought it would be a bit trickier than it was is the buyable game longer and harder

Its ok, just didnt want people getting the wrong idea about a good game.

THe full game is hundreds and hundreds of levels, some very tricky.
Id say about 70 levels packs with between 5-15 levels in each

dannyboy1807 14-11-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY
Its ok, just didnt want people getting the wrong idea about a good game.

THe full game is hundreds and hundreds of levels, some very tricky.
Id say about 70 levels packs with between 5-15 levels in each

ah ok in that case ill buy it then, ill trust your judgement.

James 16-11-2008 11:03 PM

OK - I have found the best application yet.

I can now watch all digital TV channels on my iPhone - and view all video files on my PC. This works over ii as well as 3G and Edge.

It's the familiar WinAmp application on the PC, with the new Orb iPhone application. It takes a bit of setting up - and to watch 'live' TV, you will need a tuner card in your PC - but it works perfectly.

Tomo 16-11-2008 11:14 PM

That sounds so good yet so confusing.

Ridcully 16-11-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
OK - I have found the best application yet.

I can now watch all digital TV channels on my iPhone - and view all video files on my PC. This works over ii as well as 3G and Edge.

It's the familiar WinAmp application on the PC, with the new Orb iPhone application. It takes a bit of setting up - and to watch 'live' TV, you will need a tuner card in your PC - but it works perfectly.

Cool, been waiting for this as a legal app. Just tested it and to borrow a Dave-ism, sweet.

Now have Orb serving my iPhone over 3G from my Windows Home Server, very nice indeed. Haven't got a TV card but for vids, photos and music when I'm not at home and haven't downloaded them its very nice.

James 16-11-2008 11:57 PM

The 'live' TV works very well - especially since my upload speed is capped at about 300kbps.

You can test the application using the free version of Orb for iPhone - but you are then limited to just three folders - and three files in each.

This one is definitely worth the price.

Ridcully 17-11-2008 12:28 AM

Works great over wifi, looking forward to trying it in an Edge or 3G signal area as it cuts up badly over GPRS but thats only to be expected. Orb has always been great and this just makes it even better still.

Have you managed to get video working over Edge or 3G James?

Dave 17-11-2008 08:06 AM

Does it really only work on windowze?

Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home or Professional) with Service Pack 2, or Windows XP Media Center Edition (2004 or 2005).

Who has windows these days?

James 17-11-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Does it really only work on windowze?

Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home or Professional) with Service Pack 2, or Windows XP Media Center Edition (2004 or 2005).

Who has windows these days?

:p

James 17-11-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridcully
Works great over wifi, looking forward to trying it in an Edge or 3G signal area as it cuts up badly over GPRS but thats only to be expected. Orb has always been great and this just makes it even better still.

Have you managed to get video working over Edge or 3G James?

I managed to stream audio - and images - over Edge this morning with no problem ... but no success with video (despite optimising for Edge under settings). Tuning in to BBC 1, it seemed to find the stream, then I got a full (black) screen, but it continued to buffer until I got home again. Is Edge fast enough for live video?

I am going into Guildford this afternoon, so I will try 3g then.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.