CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   IPhone/IPod Touch Application Recommendations (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177843)

humpo 08-11-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highbury Eagle
TV on your iphone without jailbreaking and free. Works with both 3G or wifi.


this is great, i watched the entity on my ipod in bed last night.

Conger 10-11-2009 10:03 AM

Sky Mobile is now in the App Store, but Sky want 6/mnth for it. :veryangry And its only sports & news, no other channels.:grrr:

I refuse to pay them any more money - they get too much out of me for normal telly. And I gather there are subscription problems atm.

Anyone trying/tried it?

NO1FAN 11-11-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conger
Sky Mobile is now in the App Store, but Sky want 6/mnth for it. :veryangry And its only sports & news, no other channels.:grrr:

I refuse to pay them any more money - they get too much out of me for normal telly. And I gather there are subscription problems atm.

Anyone trying/tried it?

3 months free if you are an o2 customer and if you have jailbroken you can trick it to play over 3g and it works perfectly :lux:

CPFC Cheerleader Observer 13-11-2009 08:11 AM

Anyone played 'Canabalt' yet?

Very addictive!

Icy 17-11-2009 09:32 AM

Are there any apps that let you use your own mp3's as ringtones / alerts?

The ones on there are a bit gay.

Dedders 17-11-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highbury Eagle
TV on your iphone without jailbreaking and free. Works with both 3G or wifi.


Sorry- what's this app called?
sounds awesome

Heb 7:4 17-11-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy
Are there any apps that let you use your own mp3's as ringtones / alerts?

The ones on there are a bit gay.

You don't need an app dude, you just make them yourself. It's really easy

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2160460_cu...free.html?cr=1

Icy 17-11-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
You don't need an app dude, you just make them yourself. It's really easy

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_2160460_cu...free.html?cr=1


Cheers Heb. Looks a bit technical for me :D

Will give it a try though.
:p

montstar 17-11-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy
Cheers Heb. Looks a bit technical for me :D

Will give it a try though.
:p

you can also buy ringtones premade for you in the app store! Or there are a few podcasts about with free ringtones in them

Stavros 69 17-11-2009 12:43 PM

What is the best app to listern to the radio on? Live.
Cheers.

dee eff 17-11-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
What is the best app to listern to the radio on? Live.
Cheers.

RadioBox is decent (and free). It has a limited amount of UK stations but fine for what I listen to.

Dave 17-11-2009 01:05 PM

Pointless unless you can background the app.

Apple are dicks

Heb 7:4 17-11-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Pointless unless you can background the app.

Apple are dicks

You can with backgrounder through Cydia though

http://www.coderetard.com/2008/10/03...imultaneously/

dowieslovechild 17-11-2009 01:38 PM

Anyone remember the game Risk? Lux is a free app, doesn't use up a great deal of battery and great for train commutes.


Stavros 69 17-11-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
Pointless unless you can background the app.

Apple are dicks

So which one is good then?
Need a change from my chunes in the morning.

Dave 17-11-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
You can with backgrounder through Cydia though

http://www.coderetard.com/2008/10/03...imultaneously/

backgrounder is buggy as hell and who has the time to JB your iphone every apple release.

Dave 17-11-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavros 69
So which one is good then?
Need a change from my chunes in the morning.

Music podcasts?

Scrumpy 17-11-2009 02:04 PM

WunderRadio is not too bad

Dave 17-11-2009 02:06 PM

Can you background it?

Heb 7:4 17-11-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
backgrounder is buggy as hell and who has the time to JB your iphone every apple release.

To be honest I stayed on 3.0 until fairly recently when I upgraded to the most recent version.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.