CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Memory Lane (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   THE BIG MATCH REVISITED (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182044)

wrightchipvcfc 11-02-2022 07:16 PM

Advertised that palace Brighton on sat morning itv4 from 1981

SA Eagle 11-02-2022 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 16267771)
Advertised that palace Brighton on sat morning itv4 from 1981

Well worth missing, in that case

wrightchipvcfc 11-02-2022 07:27 PM

Rotherham palace now itv4

Nth Kent Eagle 11-02-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 16267780)
Rotherham palace now itv4

I was there that day. Remember the big slag heap behind the ground.

Wolfnipplechips 11-02-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 16267784)
I was there that day. Remember the big slag heap behind the ground.

Rotherham fans saying much the same about the return fixture.

Spiderman 14-02-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle (Post 16267784)
I was there that day. Remember the big slag heap behind the ground.

But do you remember her name? :D

monkey 14-02-2022 03:19 PM

Just watched the home game v Brighton in 81 when we were already down. Still hard to believe how it all went so badly wrong. Remember this game so well, mainly because of the trouble at Norwood junction after.

Ian Hart 14-02-2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman (Post 16273701)
But do you remember her name? :D

He should do. He married her :D

wrightchipvcfc 22-02-2022 12:20 PM

Today at 12 30 not the main game but interview with terry venables and kenny sansom and goals from the 4 2 Wrexham game in 1977 .

jhc 22-02-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 16285861)
Today at 12 30 not the main game but interview with terry venables and kenny sansom and goals from the 4 2 Wrexham game in 1977 .

Remember it well. Returned from NZ the day before and made my way up on a supporters coach. Winning by 2 goals gave us that goal difference advantage that could have been crucial. An emotional roller-coaster of a game!

wrightchipvcfc 22-02-2022 12:42 PM

Amazing goal from harkouk

Levski 22-02-2022 01:39 PM

Why was there always 3-4 cars parked next to the pitch at Stamford Bridge back then? So strange

Stats74 22-02-2022 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levski (Post 16285905)
Why was there always 3-4 cars parked next to the pitch at Stamford Bridge back then? So strange

Iím led to believe the small blue cars at Stamford Bridge used to be where the disabled fans watched the game from.

wrightchipvcfc 22-02-2022 01:58 PM

Quite a few in the Chelsea line up with palace connections Locke Langley lewington wicks Cooke Wilkins not sure if droy was at Chelsea at this time .

Fen Eagle 22-02-2022 02:04 PM

Micky Droy is Rambo
Micky Droy is Rambo
Lah La lah la ( and repeat)

BERT'S HEAD 22-02-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stats74 (Post 16285914)
Iím led to believe the small blue cars at Stamford Bridge used to be where the disabled fans watched the game from.

Same at Selhurst - how we guffawed when a ball thumped one of the motors.

wrightchipvcfc 22-02-2022 02:20 PM

Remember them little blue cars in the 70s

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 22-02-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc (Post 16285965)
Remember them little blue cars in the 70s

Three wheelers, handlebars for steering and propulsion, tiny two stroke engine and fibre glass body. Operated by people with restricted mobility and often advanced age. What could possibly go wrong?

Freddy the Fish 22-02-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fen Eagle (Post 16285941)
Micky Droy is Rambo
Micky Droy is Rambo
Lah La lah la ( and repeat)

Six feet two
Eyes of blue
Mickey Droy is after you!

Pikie Punisher 23-02-2022 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 16285970)
Three wheelers, handlebars for steering and propulsion, tiny two stroke engine and fibre glass body. Operated by people with restricted mobility and often advanced age. What could possibly go wrong?

Yep, Invacars, more fond memories of the good old days :love: Coventry City used to welcome them to assist tactical camouflage attacks:

https://www.motaclarity.co.uk/images...g?v=1645438041


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.