CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Memory Lane (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Palace Stickers, Bubblegum & Ciggie Cards (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35060)

Neil the Eagle 03-04-2003 12:19 PM

Palace Stickers, Bubblegum & Ciggie Cards

C'mon own up there must be a few other collectors out there...

Having not learned the lessons of my childhood, I'm back on the hunt for Palace stickers again. And its costing me a bloody fortune all over again!

However I'm now trying to figure out whether I've got the set of certain cards and stickers.

If there are any serious collectors out there who give me a hand identifying missing items, I would be very grateful. Also I've accumulated quite a few swops so might be able to help you plug gaps...

We can do this by pm, so save boring the crap out of the board.

arussell 03-04-2003 12:20 PM

Anorak ;)

Neil the Eagle 03-04-2003 01:28 PM

Takes one to know one... :D

Axie 03-04-2003 01:40 PM

Ahem without wanting to sound anorakish. I have a few. I'll try and get a list to you by PM Neil.

Neil the Eagle 06-04-2003 02:26 PM

Cheers Axie.

I saw you bid for a rare set of 1949 cards on ebay the other week. I didn't realise quite how rare they were at the time.

David 06-04-2003 02:29 PM

I have quite a lot, I'll post them later!

Axie 07-04-2003 10:46 AM

I'm still trying to collate the ones I've got but I should have them finished in a couple of days.

Those 1949 ones were actually published in the early 80's. Slightly disappointing, a couple of them although showing Palace players are actually cards from other clubs with that club name crossed out, although the actual Palace ones are good. I've had a word.

Lenny 08-04-2003 06:52 AM

Football cards? Ring binders? Young boys doing swaps in the playground at breaktime. Marvellous, isn't it?

Bobby Dandruff 08-04-2003 07:33 AM

About six months ago I aquired a Palace set of 1969-70, unfortunatly there was one sticker missing, Tony Taylor, does anyone out there have a double or possibly copy it for me? I've got it framed on the wall, and it looks a little odd with a gap in it, fingers crossed!

Neil the Eagle 08-04-2003 11:45 AM

What set is it from Bobby? FKS or AB & C, if you can scan another from the same collection I'll try and identify it.

Bobby Dandruff 09-04-2003 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Neil, hopefully you'll be able to identify what sticker it is from the picture:-

Neil the Eagle 13-04-2003 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Bobby Dandruff
Hi Neil, hopefully you'll be able to identify what sticker it is from the picture:-
Ahh, Wonderful World of Soccer Stars FKS 1969/70. Sadly I only have a poor scan of the Tony Taylor one from this set, but have pm'd you with a possible source.

Latvian Eagle 13-04-2003 03:14 PM

I had a few early 90's cards. Can't remember who made them. Used to love them. Pro something I think the company was. Then they brought out shooting stars, another fine set of cards. Also got complete Palace sets of Premier League stickers. Loved it. Oh the days of being young(er). Always remember Merlin Premier League 95, the hardest shiny sticker to get seemed to be Palace home kit :( Eventually got it though :D.

David 13-04-2003 04:44 PM

Pro set were the company.

Nelson Muntz 14-04-2003 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's some old cards from 'The Sun'. Some Palace, some Palace related.

David 14-04-2003 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
Here's some old cards from 'The Sun'. Some Palace, some Palace related.
They look a nice set. I believe some of these are for sale on eBay, I might have a bid!

Nelson Muntz 14-04-2003 06:17 PM

I've just noticed that Ian Edwards looks like nutter even in a drawing.
Why is Paul Brush so BIG?
Why is my scanner so sh!t?
Steve Perrin looks like Peter Bonitti......!

Batsta 14-04-2003 06:20 PM

I have the complete Palace team of the Pro set series :)

Neil the Eagle 28-04-2003 12:23 PM

Well, well, well - thanks to all who have pm'd me with lists, dealer contacts and advice.

We've concocted a list of well over 500 cards/stickers issued, with probably another 100 or so still to track down!

Anyone who wants a copy of the list (in Excel Spreadsheet format) please pm me with your e-mail addy, especially if you think you can help to fill in the gaps.

Neil the Eagle 28-04-2003 02:20 PM

I've even cleared my pm box now!

Ruskin Old Boy 28-04-2003 02:57 PM

Naw ... that can't be Ray Wilkins ... can it?

David 29-04-2003 02:00 PM

I have quite a few sets. I'll list the ones I have framed for now.

Panini 90
Panini 93
Pro Set 90/91 - Eddie McGoldrick was the rarest card from my experience.
Pro set 91/92
Panini 92
English football 92- Sticker's, I have them somewhere.
Merlin 95
Merlin 98
Football League 96
Football League 97
Premier League player's album
Topps 1992 set

I have other other set's. I'll try and scan some cards later.

David 29-04-2003 02:01 PM

I also have a collection called 'shooting stars.' I think they were released circa '91.

Neil the Eagle 29-04-2003 07:29 PM

Good stuff, David.

It looks very much like you can fill some of the gaps on the list... especially the Panini stuff which our info is a little scant on.

Shooting Stars was a Merlin collection by the way.

David 30-04-2003 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Good stuff, David.

It looks very much like you can fill some of the gaps on the list... especially the Panini stuff which our info is a little scant on.

Shooting Stars was a Merlin collection by the way.

I PM'ed you Neil, with my email address on.

Neil the Eagle 30-04-2003 07:09 PM

I send you the list as soon as got your pm... have just sent it again...

David 30-04-2003 07:49 PM

Cheers Neil, it has just come through.

Neil the Eagle 30-04-2003 08:21 PM

Cool... Have a gander at the panini stuff & merlin 90 lists, lots of gaps in the sequences there... indeed the infro from P onwards is all a bit suspect.

Do you have a swops list? If so, please mark which ones you have in a spare column. Cheers.

David 30-04-2003 08:26 PM

Neil, I have sent you the collection details of some of the stickers you were missing from the list.

Hope it helps!

Neil the Eagle 01-05-2003 10:37 AM

Cheers David, just had a letter from Dorking Eagle... his collection is immense.

Did I say I thought we'd make 600, I reckon we might even hit 800 now.

as216 01-05-2003 01:48 PM

Could someone post up on here whenever this list gets updated. Then I'll PM to get a copy.

Neil the Eagle 01-05-2003 04:44 PM

It'll take a while, Andrew as Dorking's stuff was simply collection names - loads of new names though, especially old ciggie stuff probably most of 'em will simply be just 1 or 2 cards each.

Also am getting a new list from another dealer tomorrow which should yield some good stuff.

The list will be available to download from the new Palace Echo site eventually.

as216 01-05-2003 07:02 PM

Cool

PhilD 01-05-2003 07:30 PM

I have the complete collection of all the Pro-set cards from 90/91 in a special ring binder. Does anyone know out of interest if the set would be worth anything?

as216 01-05-2003 10:36 PM

They usually pop up on eBay - might be worth a look there to see whatsort of prices they go for.

Neil the Eagle 07-05-2003 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PhilD
I have the complete collection of all the Pro-set cards from 90/91 in a special ring binder. Does anyone know out of interest if the set would be worth anything?
The set is currently trading for £20 with dealers... it was a very popular collection with heavy promotion amongst clubs' family enclosures, so its not that rare I'm afraid...

(Just passed the 650 mark and that's without Dorking Eagle's list!!)

Neil the Eagle 14-05-2003 03:16 AM

Now up to a grand total of 770 after adding in DE very comprehensive research...

as216 14-05-2003 01:17 PM

Cool

Neil the Eagle 14-05-2003 01:22 PM

Very :cool:

kestoneagle 14-05-2003 02:11 PM

Neil,

Its a bit off the thread but I have a full, bound set of Evening Standard London football team (all 4 divisions) pullouts from the early 1970's. They printed one a week and each pullout was a mini newspaper on a specific club and ran to about 30 pages. I think someone like Paddy Mulligan is on the front of the Palace one.

I can't find anything on e-bay..have you seen them before and any idea of the value?

:bash:

Neil the Eagle 14-05-2003 05:12 PM

I've seen the Palace one go for about £5, no idea what a full set might fetch though...

David 20-05-2003 04:54 PM

I have found my panini 92 stickers set. I will post up the name and numbers later.

Neil the Eagle 21-05-2003 11:35 AM

David, don't worry mate, we have a handle on those now...

Due to Pinnacle cigarette cards being issued in different sizes the list will now top 800. Thanks to sterling work by Dorking Eagle... (your swopsies are in the post mate) :p

Dorking .Eagle 21-05-2003 02:01 PM

That's "Pinnace" cigarettes obviously!
Cig Cards:
If anyone is an expert on this series of cards that were produced by the cigarette company Godfrey Phillips (not the miniature ones like on the back of Crystal Palace A Complete Record 1905-89 but the next size up, called "large"), I would be interested if you could clarify the years of issue for each different type of "Back"(reverse) for the list being compiled

arussell 30-08-2003 02:37 AM

Have you updated the list since then Neil ?

How many cards were produced of the very early players (IE: as featured in the complete record book).

Neil the Eagle 30-08-2003 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by arussell
Have you updated the list since then Neil ?

How many cards were produced of the very early players (IE: as featured in the complete record book).

Yes, list is updated. PM for a copy. The set featured on the back of the complete record is the Pinnace set, which were issued in many different variations of size and back-print, however, to answer your question there are 16 Palace player cards + team group in this set. 12 are relatively easy to get hold of, 4 and team group aren't.

There are several other sets of early players, all of which command very high prices.

arussell 02-09-2003 02:27 PM

Thanks for the list Neil, didn't realise there had been quite so many.

Which is the rarest/most expensive ???

Dorking .Eagle 03-09-2003 12:17 PM

The most expensive old Cigarette cards I know of are:
1/ A Churchmans card of Rev. Kenneth Hunt from I think 1914 (about £30 for an excellent condition card)

2/ The 1913 set of 15 "Prominent Footballers" issued by Taddy (a huge series featuring 15 players from about 20 clubs), also about £30 per card . Taddy cigarette cards are particularly expensive compared to other because they were smoked less, so for example a Players from the 20's might be only worth £1 nowadays, but a pre WW1 Taddy card would be worth ££££'s! Basically they are the "Rolls Royce" of cards, just as, say old Steiff bears are worth £££'s compared to other less regarded brands! I would say this set are the rarest Palace cards I know of, (although to be honest whether something is rare to you depends on whether you have got it or not). If you haven't got a particular card you could wait an awful long time (i.e. years) for one of these to become available, as most really serious collectors would have checked with all the dealers as to what they have in their stock, so then all you can do is wait for those elusive cards to enter the market, and when they do, you won't be the only person waiting for them either!

Reason so rare is that WW1 broke out soon after, not sure if remainders were pulped, but maybe more to do with the fact people had more important things to do at the time than collect fag cards.

Dorking .Eagle 17-11-2003 02:44 PM

This week I got a 1906 card from the Football Captain Series issued by Hill of our own Wilf Innerd yesterday. Cost me £25 which is about right from a dealer (cheaper than ebay anyway!). Also recently got hold of an old Pattreiouex card that I needed. Cannot name my source!

I believe that, considering Palace were only formed in 1905, this must be the oldest Palace cigarette card printed. (Well it is, don't know why I worded it like a quetion, I have all the reference books!)

Still short of four 1908 Taddy's, a whopping thirteen 1913 Taddy's, two Pattreiouex, one miniature Pinnace and seventeen large Pinnace (which are frustratingly elusive despite their relative low value) to then have everything tobacco related to CPFC. More hunting required!!!!

arussell 17-11-2003 04:53 PM

Any chance of a scan on here of the Innerd pic DE ?

Dorking .Eagle 19-11-2003 12:08 PM

Just emailed some to you, hope they can fit onto the bbs ok

Neil the Eagle 19-11-2003 12:33 PM

Any chance of e-mailing 'em to me too mate?

Dorking .Eagle 19-11-2003 12:43 PM

no probs...first to put them on the bbs is my favourite for the day!

Neil the Eagle 19-11-2003 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tha' she blows...

Dorking .Eagle 19-11-2003 01:23 PM

Cor, they came out better than I had hoped!
These are basically to the uninitiated, 8 of my favourite oldest cards (CIGARETTE CARDS)

running along the top row left to right then bottom row left to right :

1/ R & J Hill "Football Captain Series" from 1906 - the player is Palace's captain Wilf Innerd. The oldest Cigarette Card featuring Palace or a Palace player, and very rare. value about £25

2/ Taddy "Prominent Footballers" from the 1908 series, one of 15 different Palace Players, again Wilf Innerd. Value, probably about £10

3/ Cohen & Weenen "Football Captains" from 1908. Yes it's Wilf Innerd again. Worth about £9 in mint condition, though my one obviously isn't! A reprint of this was done in 1998 and a reproduction card is worth £1

4/ Gallagher "Association Football Club Colours" 1910 featuring "Lady" Woodger (a player with refined skills!) Not that rare

5/ Taddy "Prominent Footballers" from the 1913-14 series - one of 15 Palace players features, Hewitt. Value rather high, certainly no less than £20 per card, probably more.

6/ Churchmans "Footballers" 1914. Very valuable £25-£30 I think.

7/ Wills "Famous Footballers" 1914
Regarding 6 and 7 - which is the real Rev. K Hunt!!! One had a wooly moustache, and one none!!

8/ Churchmans "Footballers (Coloured)" 1914 - interesting as the portrait insert is black and white.

Neil the Eagle 19-11-2003 03:28 PM

Does card 1 have a number associtaed with it, DE?

Dorking .Eagle 19-11-2003 03:31 PM

Number 45

Neil the Eagle 19-11-2003 03:31 PM

Ta

Dorking .Eagle 19-11-2003 03:37 PM

How's that master list coming on BTW?

Neil the Eagle 19-11-2003 03:44 PM

Still deciding whether JS Collectables cards should form a part of it at the moment. Some geezer has got a bunch of old press photographs of footballers in action and is issuing them in 'collections'.

Not true 'trading' cards as such, but then I've included things like the Matchday series and Ivor Duncan's cards.

What do you think?

Dorking .Eagle 19-11-2003 03:58 PM

It's a tough one. I've lost count of the number of "JS Collectibles" cards I've got over the last few months, all glorifying players I've never heard of, some of whom have made about 1 appearance. The quality (b/w pics) is nothing to get excited about either, and at £1 a card, I am questioning if I want to buy any more of them.
However do they fit my criteria? Well they are not like cig or trade cards in that they were not "given away" with anything, and there is not even the "random contents in packets" element that made collecting Panini etc and swopping them so much fun as a kid. They are purely being done to be sold to club obsessed junkies like me an you.
However if you ignore them on that basis, you have to do the same for that fantastic set of 20 Palace caricatures done by Phillip Neill.
So sadly yes, I'd list them.

Neil the Eagle 19-11-2003 04:53 PM

Your council is noted.

My big dilemma is that these are really just re-issued, touched up photographs rather than a proper collection, however the bloke flogging 'em might choose to describe them.

It also opens up a big can of worms with the autograph cards printed each year from 2001 by the club and also the Supporters Club photos from the 1950's.

The caricatures and the likes of Matchday, Lychgate etc. were produced to specifically to resemble trading cards, whatever their method of distribution.

My god, I've just re-read this, I'll fetch my anorak.

arussell 20-11-2003 01:47 AM

I think you need a bigger one Neil :D

Neil the Eagle 20-11-2003 11:33 AM

Nah, I'll simply borrow yours.

Dorking .Eagle 31-12-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dorking .Eagle

Still short of four 1908 Taddy's, a whopping thirteen 1913 Taddy's, two Pattreiouex, one miniature Pinnace and seventeen large Pinnace (which are frustratingly elusive despite their relative low value) to then have everything tobacco related to CPFC. More hunting required!!!!

Darn it! One of the two Pattreiouex cigarette cards that I am after is up for auction on ebay right now. But the cheeky seller has started the auction at a ridiculous £29 or you can "buy it now" for ninety odd quid. No thanks. Them cards are worth £5-£6 each and I would rather wait a few more years and pay a fair price rather than be ripped off to that extent.

(Plus I don't think it is so rare that I won't find one elsewhere sometime anyway)

Neil the Eagle 01-01-2004 05:02 PM

I agree mate, that is feckin' ridiculous. I picked up the Pattreiouex Bradford v Palace for a fiver the other day.

The list is changing again as I've decided to add a Dealer Price column to each card, may need your help on that for some of the more obscure stuff.

stushirts 01-01-2004 06:15 PM

are you including international stickers and cards , such as geoff thomas from panini euro 92?

Neil the Eagle 01-01-2004 10:58 PM

The list is cards that specifically relate to Palace or if they appear in Palace kit rather than that of their country.

Given the amount of foreign internationals we've had it would be impossible to track down all these down as many would be in collections issued in their own country.

Granada allover 01-01-2004 11:28 PM

For the definitive UK cigarette card collectors magazine try http://www.cardtimes.co.uk.

It's produced by a Yeovil fan, David Stuckey, and published monthly.

Dorking .Eagle 02-01-2004 09:18 AM

There are very few international stickers/cards relating to players that were AT PALACE at the time -
I can only think of
Geoff Thomas - Panini Euro 92
Lombardo - Barratt 97 (98?)
Kirovski/Morrison/Berhalter - Panini WC 2002

basically because though there may be tons of Sansom/Coppell/Wright/Martyn/Southgate etc stuff in international kit, none were Palace players at the time of the issue.

stushirts 02-01-2004 09:59 AM

was only thinking of international players listed as being at palace in the album , as you have listed them all that answers my question.

As I have mentioned loads of times to different people it would be great to see all these cards in a book . Shame it cant happen though

Dorking .Eagle 02-01-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by stupa1ace
it would be great to see all these cards in a book
It is wonderful!

Neil the Eagle 02-01-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

There are very few international stickers/cards relating to players that were AT PALACE at the time -
I can only think of
Geoff Thomas - Panini Euro 92
Lombardo - Barratt 97 (98?)
Kirovski/Morrison/Berhalter - Panini WC 2002

basically because though there may be tons of Sansom/Coppell/Wright/Martyn/Southgate etc stuff in international kit, none were Palace players at the time of the issue.

Yeah, but the point I was making is that we don't know about overseas collections.

For instance, Italy, the home of Panini, do a whole collection each year 'celebrating' their National team squad, with action shots from games, etc. Lombardo (and possibly Padovano) is bound to have featured several times in the 1997 season collection.

Anyway I'll add the above, if someone can provide numbers for the WC2002 cards.

stushirts 02-01-2004 11:52 AM

sorry , all stuck in the album .

Neil the Eagle 02-01-2004 05:02 PM

S'OK found 'em.

Neil the Eagle 02-01-2004 05:05 PM

BTW although Bassett cards were complied to Nov 1998, they were only released in 1999 after Lombardo had gone.

Dorking .Eagle 02-01-2004 05:28 PM

Crumbs! I make the "rules" for my collection! (Not having a go Neil).
Lombardo is mentioned as being a Crystal Palace player on the back, so that'll do for me.

Neil the Eagle 02-01-2004 05:33 PM

Cool, I wasn't having a go either, mate!

Just imparting another nugget of completely useless information I have gleaned since starting what was intending to be a small sideline project!

I take it you know about the Kenny Sansom (Topps 80) and Ian Evans (Sun 78) cards, both listed under their country, but feature in Palace Kit.

Actually, of course you do, you have a copy the list!

El Aguila 02-01-2004 05:37 PM

If a woman ever chances across this thread, she'll piss herself.

Dorking .Eagle 02-01-2004 05:41 PM

Amazingly, a couple of months ago I took the other half to a cigarette card collectors fair, expecting her to constantly ask that we leave and nagging me about how much I was spending, and she actually quite enjoyed it - between us we hunted for the elusive cards on my "wants" list, which although it may sound boring, becomes like some rather interesting needle in a haystack quest.
But I do admit the whole thing is totally anorak.

Neil the Eagle 02-01-2004 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by El Aguila
Mine already has, until she saw the cheque book stubs :eek:

Axie 09-01-2004 03:44 PM

There's a Pattreiouex Casket Crystal Palace 1922 cigarette football card currently on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=47423

8 hours left. 46GBP at the moment. Out of my price range unfortunately.

Dorking .Eagle 09-01-2004 04:07 PM

You don't say.......

Quote:

Darn it! One of the two Pattreiouex cigarette cards that I am after is up for auction on ebay right now. But the cheeky seller has started the auction at a ridiculous £29 or you can "buy it now" for ninety odd quid. No thanks. Them cards are worth £5-£6 each and I would rather wait a few more years and pay a fair price rather than be ripped off to that extent.

(Plus I don't think it is so rare that I won't find one elsewhere sometime anyway)

Axie 09-01-2004 04:09 PM

That'll teach me for not reading the whole thread.:confused:

Just trying to be helpful.

Dorking .Eagle 09-01-2004 04:23 PM

As long as you are not the same guy who just outbid me on the Feebury "stamp":veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :veryangry :

Neil the Eagle 09-01-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

As long as you are not the same guy who just outbid me on the Feebury "stamp"
Don't think you need to be a genius to work that out ;)

Axie isn't party to the 'gentleman's agreement' not to bid against each other that exists between a few of us regular Palace ebayers (neither has he even been asked if he would like to join to my knowledge).

Dorking .Eagle 12-01-2004 09:23 AM

Fair enough, and I wasn't being that serious. Indeed I was outbid on a 1990 replica home cup final shirt (not the one in the last few days) by an ebayer called Aprussell. Fair do's I suppose - that's the whole point of ebay - it's a buyers market (as illustrated by the barmy prices you have to pay to get some of the decent stuff on there these days!)

Axie 12-01-2004 10:25 AM

Yes sorry Dorking, as Neil cleverly deduced that was me, I didn't realise it was you (although maybe if I'd put two and two together I could have worked it out).

I do try and not to bid now if I do recognize the id but in this case I was going through quickly and put a bid in. If it's any consolation I paid over the odds for it.

Dorking .Eagle 12-01-2004 10:31 AM

No probs, wasn't the end of the day, these sort of things have a habit of turning up again from time to time anyway.

Wonder what the Pattreiouex casket card ended up going for????

Axie 12-01-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Wonder what the Pattreiouex casket card ended up going for????
£46 !!!!!!

Dorking .Eagle 12-01-2004 10:56 AM

That's bonkers!

arussell 12-01-2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

Fair enough, and I wasn't being that serious. Indeed I was outbid on a 1990 replica home cup final shirt (not the one in the last few days) by an ebayer called Aprussell.
Well if it makes you feel better DE - I didn't win it, as the price was going far too high and I stopped :)

Perhaps some people here should use there BBS logon as their e-bay account so that we know who's who and don't outbid each other ;)

Neil the Eagle 12-01-2004 11:11 AM

From what I've seen most of us do.

Dorking .Eagle 12-01-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by arussell
Well if it makes you feel better DE - I didn't win it, as the price was going far too high and I stopped :)

;)

The last one on there had a Wrighty signature on there (not that it made any difference to me) and went for £155.
Thing that was most attractive to me about it is the lack of pulls/bobbles which is rare, as most would have been worn and therefore been imperfect.

God knows what one of the "Number ten" authentic cup final replica shirts would go for if if was ever on there - I'd guess £800+

stushirts 12-01-2004 12:25 PM

I cant remember what my shirt cost me from the club i think it may have been as little as £50 . That was one of my better investments , wearing it all the time was not a good idea though.To be honest thought it had a pull on it when I purchased it and it was the last one.

stushirts 04-03-2004 05:48 PM

bought a load of top trumps recently and foud a couple of palace players in the lot .

mike flanagan , jim cannon, ken sansom and 3 different vince hilaires.
are there any more out there that anyone knows about?

stushirts 04-03-2004 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
these are the cards

rjp 07-03-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by El Aguila
I just have, stumbled that is! I have some cards at work. no idea what they are - the techie stuff is for boys! But anyone is welcome to them if they want. Someone at work collected them when he was a kid and was chucking them out so he gave me the Palace ones.

I'm not in tomorrow but will bring them home on Tuesday then post on here to say what they are. Anyone can have them who's interested

rjp 10-03-2004 01:28 PM

Ok, I have no idea what I'm talking about, as will become immediately apparent, but these things mean nothing to me. I'm happy to post the cards to anyone who wants them. Alternatively, I'll put them in the bin! I don't know how to post pictures on here, but I can scan and send by e-mail if that would help anyone.

I have: A&BC cards (no obvious date) for Gerry Queen (164), Mel Blyth (186), John McCormack (149), John Sewell (206), Bobby Tambling (250), Peter Wall (254), Jim Scott (105), Alan Birchenall (236), David Payne (169) and John Jackson (126). Condition varies but most are OK.

Then I have some others where I can't see anything to identify a maker and no date. They're smaller than the A&BC ones, if that's any help! Two are the same design for Alan Birchenall (46) and David Payne (16). Then there is a Don Rogers (88) one in a slightly different design. These are a bit more dog eared and grubby than the others.

Hope that makes some sense!

Dorking .Eagle 10-03-2004 01:37 PM

Hi there
these are fairly common cards to most established Palace card/sticker collectors.

What might be nice is I seem to remember John Sewell (now living in USA) was looking for a set of cards featuring the Palace team he played in (presumably to frame) , and advertised this request in Palace echo classified about 2 years ago.

I got in correspondence with his son (in usa too) and I think he is still on the lookout for this set, and so I can think of no better recipient

I've still got his address at home, I'll dig it out tonight and pass it to you via pm.