CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Southampton (h) Tuesday 21st January 7:30pm (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=280965)

EddieEdwards 13-01-2020 07:22 PM

Southampton (h) Tuesday 21st January 7:30pm
 
On general sale, no membership required, 10 per person.

The match is not on UK TV. The 7:30pm KO time is part of the latest TV broadcast agreements - BT Sport will be showing one match at 7:30pm and another at 8:15pm, and the remaining matches that are not being broadcast all have to kick off at 7:30pm.

ianace 13-01-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieEdwards (Post 15058907)
On general sale, no membership required, 10 per person.

The match is not on UK TV. The 7:30pm KO time is part of the latest TV broadcast agreements - BT Sport will be showing one match at 7:30pm and another at 8:15pm, and the remaining matches that are not being broadcast all have to kick off at 7:30pm.

So our game is NOT on TV?

EddieEdwards 13-01-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianace (Post 15058937)
So our game is NOT on TV?

Correct!

DaveP 13-01-2020 09:36 PM

It's not on TV but can be viewed on Amazon Prime, same way Bournemouth and West Ham were.
I don't even think BT have any on

DaveP 13-01-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP (Post 15059069)
It's not on TV but can be viewed on Amazon Prime, same way Bournemouth and West Ham were.
I don't even think BT have any on

Apologies, appears I was wrong, I thought it was another round of Amazon Prime, makes the 7.30 kick off even more strange!!

EddieEdwards 13-01-2020 10:31 PM

BT Sport have the rights for this round of midweek fixtures. Unlike Amazon Prime, who show all 10 matches when they have the rights, BT Sport will be showing two on the Tuesday, two on the Wednesday and one on the Thursday. However, the games that are not being broadcast by BT Sport are still being given a 7:30pm KO time - I think this is mainly for overseas TV broadcast slots and possibly also for BT Sport's score updates show.

Shipp Ahoy! 13-01-2020 11:21 PM

So is the game on TV or not??

I'll be there regardless, but I'd record it to watch later again.

King William 14-01-2020 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! (Post 15059135)
So is the game on TV or not??

I'll be there regardless, but I'd record it to watch later again.

No

Pinkie Brown 14-01-2020 08:25 AM

What difference does it make what time the non-televised games KO? Why move them from normal?

Nth Kent Eagle 15-01-2020 09:55 AM

Interesting that you can buy up to 10 tickets and not have to be a member. Can't be selling well then so I wonder if Southampton have not taken up all their allocation? Having said that, at 40 for an adult in the Arthur it is quite expensive if you want to bring a friend.

RobertCPFC 15-01-2020 11:41 AM

According to the programme for the away game in December the Southampton allocation is 1,756.

Mad Raschic Ken 15-01-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertCPFC (Post 15061181)
According to the programme for the away game in December the Southampton allocation is 1,756.

Must have taken a smaller allocation when they were losing every week. Sure they'd have taken more if they'd seen the upturn in form coming.

EddieEdwards 15-01-2020 09:33 PM

Some of AW block T has now gone on sale to home supporters. Lots of good seats currently available.

CarlosTheFinger 16-01-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown (Post 15059595)
What difference does it make what time the non-televised games KO? Why move them from normal?

It's an early kick-off, so we can get to the second half quicker. Anyone who only wants to see us scoring doesn't need to turn up until 8.30 at the very earliest.

LuieJack 16-01-2020 09:03 AM

It's going to be a big game for both clubs. Palace, as we need to keep our unexpectadly high position going especially when considering we have not been in top form is some achievement. And for Southampton, they have been exceptional of late playing with real confidence, a real turnaround so their belief must be soaring, and we will have to be at our best and focused to stem their tide. Promises to be a very tense interesting game and a Palace win would be special result.

JannerEagle 16-01-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 15061891)
It's going to be a big game for both clubs. Palace, as we need to keep our unexpectadly high position going especially when considering we have not been in top form is some achievement. And for Southampton, they have been exceptional of late playing with real confidence, a real turnaround so their belief must be soaring, and we will have to be at our best and focused to stem their tide. Promises to be a very tense interesting game and a Palace win would be special result.

Bearing in mind that, apart from the last ten minutes, we were unlucky only to get a draw down there (thanks to VAR) during their 'turnaround'.

Brummie Allan 17-01-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieEdwards (Post 15061639)
Some of AW block T has now gone on sale to home supporters. Lots of good seats currently available.

That's good, the whole of the concourse will be open at half time.

LuieJack 17-01-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JannerEagle (Post 15062010)
Bearing in mind that, apart from the last ten minutes, we were unlucky only to get a draw down there (thanks to VAR) during their 'turnaround'.

As i said Janner this current Saints side is brimming with confidence and belief and playing that way, a very different side to a couple months ago who looked down and out and uninterested. As i said it should be a real test for us.

JannerEagle 17-01-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuieJack (Post 15063007)
As i said Janner this current Saints side is brimming with confidence and belief and playing that way, a very different side to a couple months ago who looked down and out and uninterested. As i said it should be a real test for us.

They beat both Villa and Chelsea away in the two games prior to playing us, so I suspect they were 'brimming with confidence' that they'd easily beat us too!
In fact, the only points they've dropped in their last five games was that draw in the middle, so yes I agree it will be a real test on Tuesday!

Brummie Allan 19-01-2020 08:25 AM

Hopefully losing a two goal lead at home will be a kick in the teeth.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.