CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2020/21 to start on Sep 12th? (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=282057)

GreatGonzo 09-07-2020 02:55 PM

2020/21 to start on Sep 12th?

According to BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53350174) 12 September is the most expected start date for next season.

Any PL side getting to Europa League of Champions League final would have just 3 weeks between that and the start of the season.

For Palace it would give us a 7 week break.

3 weeks off and back in for a 4 week pre-season?

Dorking .Eagle 09-07-2020 03:02 PM

How many fans will be allowed to attend matches? Surely not all season ticket holders - the concourses are a joke.

And do you allow some away fans???

Not in any great rush for the new season if it is just a continuation of this behind closed doors rubbish.

1905 09-07-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 15294675)
How many fans will be allowed to attend matches? Surely not all season ticket holders - the concourses are a joke.

Not in any great rush for the new season if it is just a continuation of this behind closed doors rubbish.

Over here been allot of experimenting with fans attending. Main limit has been around 500 home fans but on the 21st June there was 3000 home fans let in to watch the Copenhagen derby (Brøndby v FC København) the stadium capacity is 28,000 and no direct reports of specific related infections for that game (bearing in mind nobody wears face masks over here)

So would assume by September in the UK we would be looking around that number at the very least?

Edit# Last Sunday was 8000 home fans for AGF v FC København so too early to report on infections etc there.

GreatGonzo 09-07-2020 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1905 (Post 15294692)
Over here been allot of experimenting with fans attending. Main limit has been around 500 home fans but on the 21st June there was 3000 home fans let in to watch the Copenhagen derby (Brøndby v FC København) the stadium capacity is 28,000 and no direct reports of specific related infections for that game (bearing in mind nobody wears face masks over here)

So would assume by September in the UK we would be looking around that number at the very least?

2nd wave is being predicted for September/October at present so i would very much doubt that fans in any number would be allowed into grounds for the rest of 2020.

PL won't want to be seen as a contributory factor to the disease spreading again and the grounds won't be as safe for players with lots of people in them

Next season will go ahead but i suspect it will be without fans and do so because financially the cannot afford not to.

Ruskin Old Boy 09-07-2020 03:27 PM

Polish football supporters have attended matches since June 19, 25% of the capacity of stadiums is permitted, though from what I've seen of matches that percentage has rarely been reached. Interestingly fans are mostly sitting apart apart from behind the goals where the various ultra groups congregate.

Maiden Eagle 09-07-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 15294696)
2nd wave is being predicted for September/October at present so i would very much doubt that fans in any number would be allowed into grounds for the rest of 2020.

PL won't want to be seen as a contributory factor to the disease spreading again and the grounds won't be as safe for players with lots of people in them

Next season will go ahead but i suspect it will be without fans and do so because financially the cannot afford not to.

You have got to let some fans in and I'm not saying this for personal gain. To me, sport without spectators is utterly cr*p.
Yes, there can't be many, but even if just a few thousand are let in, spaced apart, that is definitely better than none at all.
And if L1 and L2 teams play to empty stadiums, without financial help from the Govt or the Premier League (fat chance!), then that will be the death knell for many Clubs.

horsham palace 09-07-2020 08:38 PM

No interest really in watching non Palace games if no fans.

Cpfcbob 10-07-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 15294675)

Behind closed doors advantages.... Great for introducing young players into men's football. Oh, I forgot Roy doesn't believe in youth!

DaveTuttles 10-07-2020 12:25 PM

Bring it on! Love my club and want us to play with or without fans being there, our European assault starts in September!

Pinkie Brown 10-07-2020 01:57 PM

The Premier League could start next season without fans in stadiums, as TV revenue is huge, but every other league down can't start without fans it's not financially possible.

wrightchipvcfc 10-07-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown (Post 15295774)
The Premier League could start next season without fans in stadiums, as TV revenue is huge, but every other league down can't start without fans it's not financially possible.

Good point think what they worry about is fans getting in and out of the ground the toilets would be a issue. in a perfect world you could probaly make it work if you had 25 % ground capacity but how many fans would still rock up 3 min before ko from pub then want to have a pxxx every 15 min having to keep going past other fans . Could see it happening specially in lower leagues just for the money and it's just up to fans if they take the risk like going to a pub at the moment.

Dorking .Eagle 10-07-2020 05:25 PM

Oliver Dowden on when (grassroots) football can resume:

“Team sports can restart from this weekend so long as they meet our guidelines.

Each sport is now producing their own specific rules for the Govt to approve.

We are working closely with FA on football. So we’re very nearly there.

"Supporters allowed at grassroots games in small numbers, providing social distancing is adhered to." :- "Supporters will also be allowed to attend community fixtures in small numbers provided they are in groups of two households only, or no larger than six people from different households, and adhere to social distancing measures"

Regarding Non-League Football :

The FA has emailed leagues saying they will issue club guidance as soon as possible once the DCMS has reviewed their submissions.

They (the FA) add a note of caution that “there are still some unique aspects to non-league that we need to get further approval for”.

All clubs will be required to produce a Covid-19 risk assessment and publish it on their website.

The deadline for publishing this will likely be end of July/early August.

Of course Non-League clubs (with a handful of exceptions) usually operate with attendances at a fraction of capacity, so as long as capacities are capped (and if necessary games are all ticket) then I can see non-league clubs playing friendlies in front of fans in August

Sodermalm 10-07-2020 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 15295897)
Oliver Dowden on when (grassroots) football can resume:

“Team sports can restart from this weekend so long as they meet our guidelines.

Each sport is now producing their own specific rules for the Govt to approve.

We are working closely with FA on football. So we’re very nearly there.

"Supporters allowed at grassroots games in small numbers, providing social distancing is adhered to." :- "Supporters will also be allowed to attend community fixtures in small numbers provided they are in groups of two households only, or no larger than six people from different households, and adhere to social distancing measures"

Regarding Non-League Football :

The FA has emailed leagues saying they will issue club guidance as soon as possible once the DCMS has reviewed their submissions.

They (the FA) add a note of caution that “there are still some unique aspects to non-league that we need to get further approval for”.

All clubs will be required to produce a Covid-19 risk assessment and publish it on their website.

The deadline for publishing this will likely be end of July/early August.

Of course Non-League clubs (with a handful of exceptions) usually operate with attendances at a fraction of capacity, so as long as capacities are capped (and if necessary games are all ticket) then I can see non-league clubs playing friendlies in front of fans in August

Dulwich being one of the exceptions, 2000+ average (more for Sat only games) in a crowded 3000 stadium

Dorking .Eagle 10-07-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodermalm (Post 15295973)
Dulwich being one of the exceptions, 2000+ average (more for Sat only games) in a crowded 3000 stadium

Yep, Dulwich averaged 2200 I think, as you say more for Saturdays.

Notts County, Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Maidstone also all spring to mind as having decent crowds as a % of capacity. Ultimately, games will be all ticket, and when its sold out, thats it.

charltonhater 11-07-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle (Post 15296028)
Yep, Dulwich averaged 2200 I think, as you say more for Saturdays.

Notts County, Stockport, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Maidstone also all spring to mind as having decent crowds as a % of capacity. Ultimately, games will be all ticket, and when its sold out, thats it.

Notts County still play at Meadow Lane? That ground holds 7,000 more than Bournemouth's Premier League stadium.

I can see restricted numbers initially (starting 10% of capacity, then 20/25%, then 50%).Can also see huge arguments/complaints when those of us who took their ST refund as credit get the limited tickets, whilst those who opted for full refund are shunted to the back of the queue.

lewisuk 11-07-2020 12:50 PM

Buy a cpfc hazmat suit and you can Attend all games ?
Or will the clubs go the money route and take 25% gate offered to all of the corporate / money people first after all they would pay £150 for a meal and the match

mrs eagle 11-07-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charltonhater (Post 15296535)

Can also see huge arguments/complaints when those of us who took their ST refund as credit get the limited tickets, whilst those who opted for full refund are shunted to the back of the queue.

First in the queue, the only people who actually have season tickets for next season already - the 25/50 year 'Ambassadors'??

(not being serious, but just showing that whatever is proposed, there is always a counter argument!!)

Will be a heck of a thread for sure!!!😁😁😁

At least there is an established allocation process for whatever away tickets there are.

old git 11-07-2020 07:59 PM

I’ve done my time watching Palace in a quarter full stadium.Ill wait thanks.:D

Nth Kent Eagle 11-07-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old git (Post 15297171)
I’ve done my time watching Palace in a quarter full stadium.Ill wait thanks.:D

Was that when the club was owned by a car dealer?

Nth Kent Eagle 11-07-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodermalm (Post 15295973)

Dulwich are good at attracting fans of Shakespeare’s plays? Hamlet. I’ll get my coat.