CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

andyocpfc 25-01-2012 12:17 PM

Anyone know a bluetooth/wireless speaker/s for the iPhone that doesn't suffer with latency when viewing videos?

Dave 25-01-2012 12:26 PM

sell the iphone then

andyocpfc 26-01-2012 09:26 PM

Are updates done automatically now without knowing? My phone has started to lose battery much quicker than say 3 weeks ago yet nothing has changed on it bar a couple of apps added, and they were just basic apps.

LeeH 26-01-2012 09:50 PM

I was 'offered' an upgrade while using the phone some months back, so not sure if there's a setting that says to auto download and install updates but it isn't like that on mine.

m_reid 28-01-2012 02:25 PM

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I currently have an Iphone 4 and can upgrade from the 10th of February. Im not sure if its worth me upgrading to the Iphone 4S as theres not to much difference.

Any recommendations on other phones around at the moment or should i just get the 4S??

NO1FAN 28-01-2012 02:54 PM

Might aswell hold out for the iPhone 5 unless you're unhappy with the iPhone

Isle of Wight 28-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO1FAN
Might aswell hold out for the iPhone 5 unless you're unhappy with the iPhone

That's what I am doing. Should be out in the next few months.

Finbar 28-01-2012 02:57 PM

Only thing is that in the meantime you're still paying 50 (or whatever it is) a month tariff when all you need to be paying is a sim only tariff as you've just paid the phone off, you're effectively overpaying for the last phone the longer you stall, or am I missing something?

m_reid 28-01-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO1FAN
Might aswell hold out for the iPhone 5 unless you're unhappy with the iPhone

Ideally that is what i would like to do.

How do i go about it though as my contract runs out in march and im guessing the Iphone 5 will come out around July.

PengeEagle 28-01-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reid
Not sure if this is the correct thread but I currently have an Iphone 4 and can upgrade from the 10th of February. Im not sure if its worth me upgrading to the Iphone 4S as theres not to much difference.

Any recommendations on other phones around at the moment or should i just get the 4S??

Have you downloaded ios5 ? If so, then there is no point getting an iPhone 4s if you have the 4, as there is only really Siri (which is pointless) on the iPhone 4s that you can't get on the 4.

m_reid 28-01-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PengeEagle
Have you downloaded ios5 ? If so, then there is no point getting an iPhone 4s if you have the 4, as there is only really Siri (which is pointless) on the iPhone 4s that you can't get on the 4.

yeah i have ios5 so i wouldn't get the 4s

montstar 29-01-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reid
yeah i have ios5 so i wouldn't get the 4s

Go to a sim only deal with either o2 or 3 and save yourself money while you are waiting!

if you do the month-month one I believe you can get 300 mins and unlimited txt for about 20

James 30-01-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY

My Son found this a couple of days ago - and it is now the wallpaper on our respective iPhones. A brilliant piece of work and well worth a Rep. Thanks.

Blind_Eagle 30-01-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finbar
Only thing is that in the meantime you're still paying 50 (or whatever it is) a month tariff when all you need to be paying is a sim only tariff as you've just paid the phone off, you're effectively overpaying for the last phone the longer you stall, or am I missing something?

If he's out of contract then surely he can just switch to a monthly rolling contract for around 20 until the phone he wants becomes available. Mrs Blind did this and she gets 600 minutes unlimited texts 500m data on O2.

Dave 30-01-2012 10:50 PM

Call network

Say you want to cancel

When asked why say you want a 4s on a cheap deal

Negotiate

....


Negotiate


Get awesome deal on cheap

Sell old phone

Profit

Baloo 02-02-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PengeEagle
there is only really Siri (which is pointless)

Do you think so? I find dictating texts and emails makes life so much easier.

suits_you 02-02-2012 05:08 PM

Is everybody else's iPhone 4s a bit pants are pushing notifications from things like twitter and facebook and emails?

I've got all set to push notifications, but rarely does this as and when received and is usually only once I click on the app. Twitter isn't too bad, but facebook and emails are poor generally.

montstar 03-02-2012 08:12 AM

Watch edited Big Bang Theory episode with only the parts that show Raj talking and falling in love with Siri. Genius! http://t.co/iLov5iEV

KingsleY 03-02-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
My Son found this a couple of days ago - and it is now the wallpaper on our respective iPhones. A brilliant piece of work and well worth a Rep. Thanks.

Thanks very much :)

PengeEagle 03-02-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
Do you think so? I find dictating texts and emails makes life so much easier.

I've not used it for that to be honest, I find the touch screen is good enough for me. Also, it never seems to understand what I am saying.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.