CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CT_Palace 09-09-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12571392)
This. Currently you can hardly get into the lounge for boxes as we try to get ready to move. I haven't needed to go into them, we are managing fine with what isnt packed. The shed is also full and theres stuff under the trampoline. There should be some place where you can leave all this stuff and people can just take it as and when they need it. Its pointless dumping it and not cost effective to drag it all home again after a car boot sale.

Have to say the US tradition of yard sales really is a sensible idea. Not that they do it with any sense of not wanting to waste, I'm sure they get rid of stuff just to create space to go out and buy more stuff.

elgin eagle 09-09-2015 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12571407)
Have to say the US tradition of yard sales really is a sensible idea. Not that they do it with any sense of not wanting to waste, I'm sure they get rid of stuff just to create space to go out and buy more stuff.

I'm sure its not healthy to have so much crap everywhere. I did need a hole punch the other day, but the chances of finding it in all these boxes is small to none. Easier to go buy another one :)

GorBlimey 09-09-2015 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12571406)
I might have a look at that. Will probably add to the clutter in some other hoarders house, but at least we wont have to look at it all.

You'd be surprised what people are happy to come and collect and I really find it painful to contemplate throwing away something if someone else can use it.

I've got rid of loads of old paint of different colours in half empty tins. I thought it would have to be trashed but some bloke picked it up and was going to mix it all together and use as an undercoat in a cellar.

Breaking rocks 09-09-2015 11:18 AM

Breaking rocks 09-09-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 12571409)
You'd be surprised what people are happy to come and collect and I really find it painful to contemplate throwing away something if someone else can use it.

I've got rid of loads of old paint of different colours in half empty tins. I thought it would have to be trashed but some bloke picked it up and was going to mix it all together and use as an undercoat in a cellar.

Probably a pyschopath preparing a dungeon for his next victim.

elgin eagle 09-09-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12571727)
Probably a pyschopath preparing a dungeon for his next victim.

:)

I was going to ask if his surname was west. Half the stuff under the trampoline is diy related and totally worthless. Quite loathe to throw away nails and screws though.

elgin eagle 09-09-2015 12:12 PM

Selling the sofa bed then watching the dog puke on it.

CT_Palace 09-09-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12571814)
Selling the sofa bed then watching the dog puke on it.

:D

Just take it all down the tip and have done with it elgin.

DocSavage 09-09-2015 01:08 PM

The queen and the "royal family" annoy me

Nork1 09-09-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocSavage (Post 12571885)

...and the nauseating sycophantic reverence by seemingly normal rational people that accompanies them.

elgin eagle 09-09-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12571843)
:D

Just take it all down the tip and have done with it elgin.

Too late i've sold the bastard on ebay. Not for 7 and a half grand though sadly. 'Couple of small marks on one of the seats' should now read 'couple of small marks on one of the seats and a big feck off damp smear stain on the other one, smelling slightly iffy'.

art malice 09-09-2015 01:53 PM

The coffee place called ****OFFEE on Bermondsey Street.

DocSavage 09-09-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12571902)
...and the nauseating sycophantic reverence by seemingly normal rational people that accompanies them.

That Sir is beyond annoyance and understanding

BERT'S HEAD 09-09-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocSavage (Post 12571885)

Then you would have enjoyed the graffiti writ large on a wall opposite my office on busy High Holborn that was there for years: "The royals are boils on the bum of the nation."

mte103 09-09-2015 03:00 PM

That 'Rooney penalty kick' and/or pause some people do at the bottom of escalators to fit neatly onto a step: presumably to prevent their legs from being brutally scythed in half, or something.

danpalace07 09-09-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

I just don't get why normal folk give a shit about them, let alone defend the idea of a monarchy in 2015.

ChiswickEagle 09-09-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Good thing no-one on here puts footballers on a pedestal...

CT_Palace 09-09-2015 05:20 PM

Marketing emails.
Especially those that make it sound like I know who is sending them, or that we have been communicating for a while.
I received this one today

Quote:

It’s Justin Beegel. I wanted to check in with you and share an Infographic with you.... blah blah blah

Oh hi Justin. Is that the Justin Beegel, or just the complete twat who can shove his ******* infographic up his smarmy arse? Infographic? You mean advert don't you? ****.

btw, Justin signs off his email as, Justin Beegel, President.
Hmmm... a president sending out cold-call emails. You must be running a very successful business Justin. **** off!

Chocky 09-09-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12572269)
Marketing emails.
Especially those that make it sound like I know who is sending them, or that we have been communicating for a while.
I received this one today

Oh hi Justin. Is that the Justin Beegel, or just the complete twat who can shove his ******* infographic up his smarmy arse? Infographic? You mean advert don't you? ****.

btw, Justin signs off his email as, Justin Beegel, President.
Hmmm... a president sending out cold-call emails. You must be running a very successful business Justin. **** off!

Hi (no name),

I stumbled across your website....

Did you, did you really? Didn't fall and smash your head did you, you pig's bastard?

Chocky 09-09-2015 05:57 PM

Hi again,

Was looking forward to your response to my email the other day and haven't received a reply....

BECAUSE YOU'RE A PIG'S BASTARD ROBOT