CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Lizzy 14-05-2009 06:15 PM

Right OK Paf so basically I have to send my phone off and wait for the cash before I go back to O2 and wait for a new phone to be sent out - and what do I do for a phone for that week or longer?

Lizzy 14-05-2009 06:16 PM

So that site will give me 105 for my nokia shite and I have to pay 245 to get out of my contract meaning I am 140 worse off.

Worth it? I really don't think so.

paf 14-05-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy
Right OK Paf so basically I have to send my phone off and wait for the cash before I go back to O2 and wait for a new phone to be sent out - and what do I do for a phone for that week or longer?

No, get new phone, send off old phone. You may be charged by O2 immediately or like Three, in 30 days. 5 days for your cash form that banana place, they send you an envelope for your phone. You would have to negotiate with O2, they might let you off some like they did Spikey.

If you REALLY want one, get it. You are worse than Stav at buying stuff.

Smoz 14-05-2009 06:53 PM

Although the iphone is a relatively new product, it has only been around a couple of years, there is a pattern of it being updated in early summer:

Initially launched June 2007
3G version launched July 2008

One of Apples directors also said as much a few years ago, can't find a link at the moment but said something along the lines of Apples product cycles are to update ipods in early autumn, iphones in the summer, macbooks in late autumn/early winter.

If I were looking at entering a long/expensive contract to get an iphone at the moment, I would be thinking about holding on a few weeks to see what comes out. If there is a new model but the 'improvements' don't seem worthwhile then it may be worth looking to see if the old model can be picked up more reasonably.

Lizzy 14-05-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paf
No, get new phone, send off old phone. You may be charged by O2 immediately or like Three, in 30 days. 5 days for your cash form that banana place, they send you an envelope for your phone. You would have to negotiate with O2, they might let you off some like they did Spikey.

If you REALLY want one, get it. You are worse than Stav at buying stuff.

We're not all made of money, I don't have a spare however much it costs to buy an iphone.

kitticat 14-05-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy
We're not all made of money, I don't have a spare however much it costs to buy an iphone.

I have two contracts and pay less than 50 for both of them.

Kevin T 15-05-2009 08:39 AM

If the new Iphone comes out in June / July then I will probably upgrade for 99 then Lizzy can use my iphone until she is due for her upgrade in August/September

Dave 15-05-2009 08:47 AM

I'm not sure they will allow cheap upgrades this time, last time was because of the lack of 3G.

Kevin T 15-05-2009 08:55 AM

Hmm, I thought the 99 upgrade was written into the contract. That's what my mate Adam told me, although I didn't check it out.

Dave 15-05-2009 08:58 AM

News to me, interesting if true

brighton_eagle 15-05-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoz
Although the iphone is a relatively new product, it has only been around a couple of years, there is a pattern of it being updated in early summer

There's a pattern of Apple updating it's kit once or twice a year to screw more money out of people who _must_ have the latest thing.

Kevin T 15-05-2009 10:37 PM

And all the other phone manufacturers don't do exactly the same thing?

El Aguila 15-05-2009 10:49 PM

It is known as the stupid tax.

brighton_eagle 15-05-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin T
And all the other phone manufacturers don't do exactly the same thing?

Probably - they don't tend to give monopolies to single carriers though, which helps to hike the price.

Dave 15-05-2009 11:51 PM

yes they do

Kevin T 15-05-2009 11:53 PM

How is the iphone price hiked? It's free on a contract like any other phone.

Smoz 16-05-2009 03:28 PM

Probably a fake but if these turn out to be genuine I like the look of them, especially if there is a 32gb version:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....2&d=1242446474

[edit] Can't seem to embed the image for some reason [edit]

Smoz 16-05-2009 03:35 PM

.

Smoz 16-05-2009 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last attempt

brighton_eagle 16-05-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
yes they do

eg?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.