CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

GodstoneEagle 25-07-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
Ok - so - first - you need to have access to Outlookweb access or know the url for web based email

Then go to exchange and add the account with that as the server name and Domain\username as your username

Adding the account will fail but save anyways.

Then go back into email and you should now see your new account - go to inbox and it will try and connect.

then you will get a message saying that you need to set a passcode.

Follow the instructions and set a passcode, then go to your inbox and enter your passcode and your mail should download.

The downside is that you need to enter the passcode everytime you access the iphone

does this work for hotmail? or my uni e-mail address?

Dave 25-07-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shoreditch CPFC
Thanks.

Just when I'd decided to keep the blackberry and get a 32gig touch, I'm confused again.

I have a remote gizmo I press to get a code when I want to access my pc remotely and apparently I also need this to access my outlook account on the web. If I set it up is the number I get from the gizmo what I need to enter each time I want access? If I keep my phone on all day would I just need to do this once a day?

This means you use a vpn. My instructions will only work if you can access webmail without a vpn

There is vpn functionality within the Iphone but I don't know that science <yet>

Dave 25-07-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GodstoneEagle
does this work for hotmail? or my uni e-mail address?
hotmail isn't exchange

Ridcully 25-07-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
This means you use a vpn. My instructions will only work if you can access webmail without a vpn

There is vpn functionality within the Iphone but I don't know that science <yet>

Cool, when you do please tell.

Dave 25-07-2008 09:42 AM

Well - that will depend on the vpn

gingerob 25-07-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
NO!
Thank you Dave if you can't cut and paste then it's rubbish in my book!!!

Dave 25-07-2008 11:46 AM

That is your opinion.

I'm getting a 3G asap. I just love my work mail on my Iphone.

No more crackberry and Iphone to carry everywhere.

KingsleY 25-07-2008 02:10 PM

How many phones can copy and paste?
Possibly Blackberry (not sure however) but other than that.?

gingerob 25-07-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by KingsleY
How many phones can copy and paste?
Possibly Blackberry (not sure however) but other than that.?

Most phones I have had have been able to copy numbers and names from a text then been able to paste in to either another text or address book. Most other phones don't claim you can use them to work on.

klimskady 25-07-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave
That is your opinion.

I'm getting a 3G asap. I just love my work mail on my Iphone.

No more crackberry and Iphone to carry everywhere.

If you are selling the 2G.... ;)

PhilD 26-07-2008 05:38 PM

If I get an 8gb one am I likely to regret not waiting until I can get hold of a 16gb version?

Do those with 8gb find that the disk space they provide is ample?

Ridcully 26-07-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gingerob
Most phones I have had have been able to copy numbers and names from a text then been able to paste in to either another text or address book. Most other phones don't claim you can use them to work on.
FW 2.1 rumoured to be coming soon with cut and paste.

gingerob 26-07-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PhilD
If I get an 8gb one am I likely to regret not waiting until I can get hold of a 16gb version?

Do those with 8gb find that the disk space they provide is ample?

Depends on how much music and video you want to store on it. Wish It had a stick slot so you could keep videos/music on one and other bits on another.

Stavros 69 27-07-2008 05:01 PM

So can i get my hotmail on this phone ??

GodstoneEagle 28-07-2008 01:54 AM

if you can i'd like to know how

Dave 28-07-2008 10:53 AM

The very first entry in google


http://email.about.com/od/iphonemail...et_hotmail.htm

Heb 7:4 28-07-2008 12:16 PM

If I were to get one, how would I go about setting up my work Outlook on it? I access my Outlook through Citrix, not direct through my PC. Would I have to get my IT department to sort me out, or is it the kind of thing you can do on your own?

Dave 28-07-2008 12:24 PM

Unless webmail is open to the world then I don't know how to set up exchange.

I just pointed my iphone at the address of out webmail server and it just worked.

Stavros 69 28-07-2008 12:36 PM

Dave, would i be better off getting a Gmail account instead of hotmail ?

TBH i just want an email account i can access from an iphone, i dont want to get my work emails though it.

Out of interest i have all my contacts on O2 bluebook, can i transfer them to my iphone as i dont use outlook on my pc ?

2nd question

Can i run 2 itunes from one pc.

If the iphone is only 16 gb i'll keep my 32gb ipod for music and only put a certain amount on my iphone.

Thanks

Marki 28-07-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stavros 69
Can i run 2 itunes from one pc.

If the iphone is only 16 gb i'll keep my 32gb ipod for music and only put a certain amount on my iphone.

Rather than running 2 iTunes you can just put music of your choice on the iphone - select manually manage music then drag and drop the tracks you want. You could also have a smart playlist set up that includes the latest tracks you have added to iTunes.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.