CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Dave 21-11-2008 01:57 PM

It does remember words you add.

I can't imagine ipod without podcasts

PalaceMonkey 21-11-2008 02:00 PM

I've never really done podcasts either.

Neil 21-11-2008 02:04 PM

The coverville podcast is pretty good Tobes. Hunt it out if you fancy a listen to some 'different' cover versions.

PalaceMonkey 21-11-2008 02:07 PM

ooh, that looks ace. I thought podcasts were normally just radio shows or something like that.

Neil 21-11-2008 02:14 PM

There is talking on it, but it's normally minimal.

Baloo 21-11-2008 05:15 PM

This might be a stupid question, but is there any way I can edit and save Word or Excel documents on the iphone?

KingsleY 21-11-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave
It does remember words you add.

I can't imagine ipod without podcasts

Never has remembered with either of my iPhones.
New thing with 2.2?

Dave 21-11-2008 05:37 PM

On mine if I correct the spelling three times in future it remembers

Dave 21-11-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baloo
This might be a stupid question, but is there any way I can edit and save Word or Excel documents on the iphone?

Not yet...

James 22-11-2008 11:48 AM

If anyone is interested - Palace Radio (live commentary) works fine with WunderRadio - once you have typed in the url. For some reason it hasn't been encrypted so far this Season - I am not sure whether it will be possible to enter your password etc should encryption resume.

KingsleY 22-11-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
If anyone is interested - Palace Radio (live commentary) works fine with WunderRadio - once you have typed in the url. For some reason it hasn't been encrypted so far this Season - I am not sure whether it will be possible to enter your password etc should encryption resume.

Whats the url?

Men At Work 22-11-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY
Whats the url?

The same one which has appeared on every single matchday thread for the last six years. Buy Palace World (the cost of a pint per month) and you'll get it.

KingsleY 22-11-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Men At Work
The same one which has appeared on every single matchday thread for the last six years. Buy Palace World (the cost of a pint per month) and you'll get it.

I thought Palace world and Palace radio were different :confused:

Men At Work 22-11-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY
I thought Palace world and Palace radio were different :confused:

Palace Radio is only for home games on local radio and is also broadcast on the interwebs on Palace World (which also gets the BBC feed for away games).

WunderRadio does sound the DB, though. Wonder where all the complaints about iPods not having an AM radio went.

James 22-11-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Men At Work
The same one which has appeared on every single matchday thread for the last six years. Buy Palace World (the cost of a pint per month) and you'll get it.

I do subscribe to Palace World - and it is good value - but in truth you don't need to subscribe at the moment to get commentary. Most of the games this Season have been broadcast without digital rights management protection.

I don't know if WunderRadio will still work with Palace Radio as and when they do restore DRM - hopefully I will be able to enter my username and password to continue to use the device.

James 23-11-2008 10:16 AM

Another really cool (and free) application for the IPhone is Midomi. It works really well. You sing (or hum) about 10 seconds of a song - and it finds the track for you. You can then play it in YouTube, or see the album in ITunes.

Ridcully 23-11-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James
Another really cool (and free) application for the IPhone is Midomi. It works really well. You sing (or hum) about 10 seconds of a song - and it finds the track for you. You can then play it in YouTube, or see the album in ITunes.

Had that for a while, it beats Shazaam hands down.

Gladys Allover 25-11-2008 09:05 AM

I've just got my new iphone and am a complete techonophobe so marvelling at the simplest of gadgets on it!

There are so many ideas for downloads on this thread which is brilliant but i was wondering, if the key contributors have time, whether you would be able to advise your Top 3 applications i should download?

James 25-11-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladys Allover
I've just got my new iphone and am a complete techonophobe so marvelling at the simplest of gadgets on it!

There are so many ideas for downloads on this thread which is brilliant but i was wondering, if the key contributors have time, whether you would be able to advise your Top 3 applications i should download?

I think a new thread dedicated to Application recommendations might be a good idea. Anyone else agree?

As for your specific enquiry, it depends so much on your particular needs and interests. For me I would not want to be without Wunder Radio, which is sensational. As I have said in earlier posts, this transforms your IPhone into a mobile internet radio - and it works perfectly on WiFi, 3g and Edge.

Also on the Multimedia front, Orb is amazing. You can stream everything from your PC - and if you have a tuner, you can also watch 'live' TV on your IPhone. It works well over WiFi and 3g, and not quite so well over Edge.

The best game (well, let me qualify that - the best game to show off the capabilities of the IPhone) is Labyrinth ... and there is a free version (Labyrinth Lite) so you can try it out first.

If you enjoy music, then Last.FM will provide a constant stream of music to suit your particular tastes.. and it's a free application.

There are lots more. If you read back through this thread you will find a number of other excellent recommendations.

Slough Eagle 25-11-2008 10:08 AM

Picked an iPhone up on friday, love it except the battery life. Any tips for preserving the battery?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.