CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CT_Palace 02-04-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14189721)
When you rearrange your day because a student has asked for a lesson earlier than normal....and the fucking idiot doesn´t turn up.

You still charge him/her for the class though, right?

Maidstoned Eagle 02-04-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 14189738)
You still charge him/her for the class though, right?

Yes, but i had shit to do this morning which I couldn´t do because this bloke NEEDED to come in at 12, now i am stuck at the academy twiddling my thumbs for the next 3 hours.

CT_Palace 02-04-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14189741)
Yes, but i had shit to do this morning which I couldn´t do because this bloke NEEDED to come in at 12, now i am stuck at the academy twiddling my thumbs for the next 3 hours.

Yep, been there, done that.

But I guess it's small comfort to know private students **** teachers around in Chile too?

richdeniro 03-04-2018 08:18 PM

When you're sat on that leaning seat by tube doors at the end of every carriage which has has enough room for one person but not for two but some random tries to sit on it next to you on it.

I should add the train was not busy and the person could have easily stood, if it was busy I would have been polite and just stood to make as much room as possible.

elgin eagle 03-04-2018 08:21 PM

Traffic wardens. Hateful little shits.

ExiledStirling 04-04-2018 08:23 AM

Another murder confirmed in London yesterday bringing the tally to 48 this year, and a story that happens in another country thousands and thousands of miles away that involves the death of one person, the actual shooter, becomes wall to wall coverage for a few hours and still gets higher billing on the news this morning.

If people do not think we can be manipulated by our news coverage, here is an example where we are being led by the hand to focus in on what in the grand scheme of things is really trivial news while we have one on our own doorstep that is of great significance and another pointer to an underlying and very disturbing trend involving our youth in urban areas.

The story of this woman in California should not be newsworthy here, but we have been manipulated into believing that it is. Now I dont think in this case there is any reason other than sensationalism that it has attracted the level of coverage it has, but it is an example how easily we can be manipulated by our media output.

elgin eagle 04-04-2018 08:36 AM

Great post Cary.

Bipe 04-04-2018 08:39 AM

I think the fact that it happened at YouTube's HQ has given it extra zeitgeisty gravitas in the media's eyes. If the incident had taken place at some nondescript Hicksville Tennessee mini-mart there wouldn't have been nearly as much coverage.

cantspell 04-04-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14192429)
Another murder confirmed in London yesterday bringing the tally to 48 this year, and a story that happens in another country thousands and thousands of miles away that involves the death of one person, the actual shooter, becomes wall to wall coverage for a few hours and still gets higher billing on the news this morning.

If people do not think we can be manipulated by our news coverage, here is an example where we are being led by the hand to focus in on what in the grand scheme of things is really trivial news while we have one on our own doorstep that is of great significance and another pointer to an underlying and very disturbing trend involving our youth in urban areas.

The story of this woman in California should not be newsworthy here, but we have been manipulated into believing that it is. Now I dont think in this case there is any reason other than sensationalism that it has attracted the level of coverage it has, but it is an example how easily we can be manipulated by our media output.

Very good post - the amount of US news stories we get now Is just incredible - so what if they have had some bad weather - there are places getting it worse.

Last week a major news item was the owl flying rings into church - **** off bbc.

News stories like the one you’ve highlighted should be highlighted more . Manipulation spot on!

ExiledStirling 04-04-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantspell (Post 14192450)
Very good post - the amount of US news stories we get now Is just incredible - so what if they have had some bad weather - there are places getting it worse.

We could be forgiven for believing that brexit is the first step to becoming the 51st state

KYLIE MINEAGLE 04-04-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling (Post 14192462)
We could be forgiven for believing that brexit is the first step to becoming the 51st state

52nd we are well on our way to being 51st.

Isle of Wight 04-04-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Really good post. Had never thought about it in those terms. Rep sent

Martin H 04-04-2018 11:20 AM

Anyone suggesting that Ronaldo's goal is possibly the best goal ever. DOH! Great goal but come on, there have been so many better ones before but because it's CR7 (how stupid is that too while I am ranting) its being uber hyped. Sinclair' overhead goal was far better for one and I could be here all day listing others. Stupid people :(

Herr Colonpharter 04-04-2018 11:28 AM

'winnings paid in free bets'

fioreuk 04-04-2018 11:28 AM

Quote:

You must spread rep etc...

Spot on.

Ron Dodgers 04-04-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 14192631)
CR7 (how stupid is that too while I am ranting) :(

CR7 is the Fornt Neef postcode, innit?

Pub Idol 04-04-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin H (Post 14192631)
Anyone suggesting that Ronaldo's goal is possibly the best goal ever. DOH! Great goal but come on, there have been so many better ones before but because it's CR7 (how stupid is that too while I am ranting) its being uber hyped. Sinclair' overhead goal was far better for one and I could be here all day listing others. Stupid people :(

Its all Weddings and funerals....

Even Benteke against Manure was as good.

newish eagle 04-04-2018 11:34 AM

New rolls of toilet paper that refuse to let you begin the process of tearing off a strip, sometimes meaning you are left with a thin slither of paper as you attempt to sort yourself out.

elgin eagle 04-04-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 14192637)
'winnings paid in free bets'

Lay them off at Betfair = winnings paid as cash :p https://www.trickybet.net/lay-calculator

Selhurst Celtic 04-04-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richdeniro (Post 14191858)
When you're sat on that leaning seat by tube doors at the end of every carriage which has has enough room for one person but not for two but some random tries to sit on it next to you on it.

:D

I agree with this one.