CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CP-RJW 10-09-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 14422773)
Do you mean the floor recess full of tepid tepid water you have to walk through to get to the main pool... I had to wade past a turd in one of those things almost 30 yrs ago and I haven't used a municipal pool since..

:D Nah not one of those, proper shower room leading into the pool.

Maidstoned Eagle 10-09-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 14422895)
I was trying to speak to French to a Parisian. He told me he would speak English as my French accent wasn't good. He then proceeded to deliver his lines in the thickest French accent imaginable. That irked me somewhat. At least I was trying.

Even the French hate parisians

Maidstoned Eagle 10-09-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdMan (Post 14422854)
Traumatised by a turd into not going swimming for 30 years? That's a bit of a shame.....

Perhaps it was a really big one.

davech 10-09-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleSE24 (Post 14422895)
I was trying to speak to French to a Parisian. He told me he would speak English as my French accent wasn't good. He then proceeded to deliver his lines in the thickest French accent imaginable. That irked me somewhat. At least I was trying.

Reminds me of when I was working in Stuttgart 1974/75 (England would have been based in Stuttgart for the World Cup if they had qualified :mad:, but I digress). The MD often used to collar me in the corridor for a chat, and once stopped the conversation with a huge grin and said to his colleagues (in German), "Did you hear that? Real Swabian!" (which, for those who remember it, is probably on a par with Jan Molby's speaking scouse :D)

simplex 10-09-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14422995)
Perhaps it was a really big one.


The guilty party could've save me years of anguish by performing a 'Wafflestomp'

Nigel_Scarfer 10-09-2018 06:03 PM

Companies who send spam business emails, and then follow it up a week later with an overly friendly and insincere email checking to see if I'd received their email and when I would be available to discuss it further.

Hedgehog 10-09-2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer (Post 14423053)
Companies who send spam business emails, and then follow it up a week later with an overly friendly and insincere email checking to see if I'd received their email and when I would be available to discuss it further.

Along similar line (sort of), I had some body work done on my vehicle.

They did a great job, and no complaints from me. A few days later I get an email request to fill out an online survey which I willingly did.

A week later I get a second email from a different source asking to complete a short survey on my experience.

Then I find a voicemail on my phone asking me to call them back to answer a few questions about my experience with the body shop.

Needless to say I've gone from finding the experience of getting my car fixed as good, to being annoyed with all the follow-ups.

What's that all about?

Isle of Wight 10-09-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14423077)
Along similar line (sort of), I had some body work done on my vehicle.

They did a great job, and no complaints from me. A few days latter I get an email request to fill out an online survey which I willingly did.

A week later I get a second email from a different source asking to complete a short survey on my experience.

Then I find a voicemail on my phone asking me to call them back to answer a few questions about my experience with the body shop.

Needless to say I've gone from finding the experience of getting my car fixed as good, to being annoyed with all the follow-ups.

What's that all about?

The new world of marketing. Everything is now about personal experiences so if you say it was great their ranking goes up and the more likely other customers will choose them. Each one of those is a different review strand so more bases covered.

Worksop Palace 10-09-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14423077)
Along similar line (sort of), I had some body work done on my vehicle.

They did a great job, and no complaints from me. A few days later I get an email request to fill out an online survey which I willingly did.

A week later I get a second email from a different source asking to complete a short survey on my experience.

Then I find a voicemail on my phone asking me to call them back to answer a few questions about my experience with the body shop.

Needless to say I've gone from finding the experience of getting my car fixed as good, to being annoyed with all the follow-ups.

What's that all about?

Net Promoter Scoring

Hedgehog 10-09-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14423083)
The new world of marketing. Everything is now about personal experiences so if you say it was great their ranking goes up and the more likely other customers will chose them. Each one of those is a different review strand so more bases covered.

I also do not like the format of the questions which in court room terms are leading questions where the only answer is probably going to be "great" or "acceptable".

I prefer the Trip Advisor format where you can write a review to accompany your rating.

Nth Kent Eagle 10-09-2018 07:35 PM

I went in a local boozer for half an hour, parked in their car park, my son entered the car reg in an iPad on the bar and thought nothing of it. I then got a letter to say I had parked illegally and must pay 60. I appealed but it was rejected. I will now go to the independent appeals process. My family will now not be using that pub again for the rest of our days.

Lingfield Eagle 10-09-2018 09:19 PM

Phoning a company only to be told " we are experiencing an unusually high number of calls at the moment but our representatives really want to talk to you". No you are not, you just haven't employed enough staff to deal with customer demand.

mrB 10-09-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingfield Eagle (Post 14423185)
Phoning a company only to be told " we are experiencing an unusually high number of calls at the moment but our representatives really want to talk to you". No you are not, you just haven't employed enough staff to deal with customer demand.

And when they ask you to key in your details on the phone keypad only to ask you for the exact same thing when they finally pick up :wallbash:

Joe85 11-09-2018 12:35 AM

People that bought and wore Harchester United shirts.

Weird *****. Probably Charlton.

Maidstoned Eagle 11-09-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe85 (Post 14423283)
People that bought and wore Harchester United shirts.

Weird *****. Probably Charlton.

No I'm not

simplex 11-09-2018 09:13 AM

Shop staff at checkouts arksing for email addresses to send receipts... why not just invite Satan himself for dinner

I also find it slightly irksome when duty free checkout staff want to scan your boarding card.. is this mandatory?

Isle of Wight 11-09-2018 09:37 AM

Rep sent

Isle of Wight 11-09-2018 09:49 AM

“However, the Home Office had not even forecast the effect of losing 44,000 police officers and staff since 2010, the NAO said” ��

22k under labour and 22k under conservatives before anyone jumps on it for point scoring.

adrenalin john 11-09-2018 10:14 AM

Shows how incompetent the police are dealing with missing persons if they have lost 44,000 of their own and not found any of them

LN1 11-09-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplex (Post 14423373)

I also find it slightly irksome when duty free checkout staff want to scan your boarding card.. is this mandatory?


I believe you have have to show it at duty free to purchase goods (at a supposedly) dicount price but there's an argument about having to show it at other shops like WHSmith/boots airside. I think the argument is that the shop will try to claim back VAT for themselves in these transactions with no benefit to the customer.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.