CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Stellavista 12-07-2019 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14819652)
How do you organise music you like digitally?

Fool. You number the cassettes. Possibly adding a little identifying doodle on the cover.

Wayne Andrews is God 12-07-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 14819658)
Fool. You number the cassettes. Possibly adding a little identifying doodle on the cover.

My analogue ones I keep on a hardrive in my Sinclair C5, bluetoothed to my Gramophone.

Hedgehog 12-07-2019 01:48 AM

Now I'm a self confessed raving tree hugging left wing liberal, but I have to say USA's Women's Soccer player Megan Rapinoe is really getting on my tits (which is more than can be said for the outfit she wore at the ESPY's last night!).

She is taking smugness to a new level, and I'm losing a lot of respect for her (and their) cause with her over the top speeches and interviews everywhere you turn (here at least).

big bad John 12-07-2019 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14819669)
Now I'm a self confessed raving tree hugging left wing liberal, but I have to say USA's Women's Soccer player Megan Rapinoe is really getting on my tits (which is more than can be said for the outfit she wore at the ESPY's last night!).

She is taking smugness to a new level, and I'm losing a lot of respect for her (and their) cause with her over the top speeches and interviews everywhere you turn (here at least).

she is a grade A c u next Tuesday. Probably not in CA, but in New York a surprizing amount of septics were hoping they'd get their comeuppance. In sport the yanks are big believers in the unwritten Mercy Rule and they weren't impressed the way the big time Charlettes behaved against Taiwan.

Hedgehog 12-07-2019 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 14819689)
she is a grade A c u next Tuesday. Probably not in CA, but in New York a surprizing amount of septics were hoping they'd get their comeuppance. In sport the yanks are big believers in the unwritten Mercy Rule and they weren't impressed the way the big time Charlettes behaved against Taiwan.

I haven't been impressed with how they've acted when landing back home, at the parade or at the ESPY's last night.

Pretty sure, more than a few of them were a bit pissed up, which I don't have a problem with, but not sure it is doing their equal pay cause any good. Holding cups of beer getting off the plane, pouring champagne down each other throats is all fun, but not sure how professional to be doing in public.

KYLIE MINEAGLE 12-07-2019 06:33 AM

I have all my pianola rolls stacked alphabetically in a cupboard

Maidstoned Eagle 12-07-2019 06:59 AM

I usually organise them woth the first and second violinist either side of the cello and viola and place the cellist on a podium.

bubbs11 12-07-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14819669)

This probably doesnít paint me in a good light, but as I was watching them in the final I did fantasise about Wimbledonís crazy gang being let loose against them for 10 minutes. They need taking down a peg or two.

Stellavista 12-07-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14819715)
I usually organise them woth the first and second violinist either side of the cello and viola and place the cellist on a podium.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eykivHQOsXrmo/giphy.gif

CP-RJW 12-07-2019 01:07 PM

Docusign

Load of shite, just give me a physical contract.

chateauferret 12-07-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14819715)

I generally have the firsts, seconds, violas and 'cellos from left to right as usual, basses behind the 'cellos, woodwinds across behid the strinds and brass and timps at the back. And the only one who gets a podium am I.

Brett 12-07-2019 01:48 PM

C*nts in a large org who spend more time raising complaints against colleagues than actually doing any work.

Hedgehog 12-07-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 14819763)
This probably doesnít paint me in a good light, but as I was watching them in the final I did fantasise about Wimbledonís crazy gang being let loose against them for 10 minutes. They need taking down a peg or two.

I know what you mean... I feel the same about the US men's team who I've seen dish it out (very crudely and not subtly) but cry like babies when a team stands up to them.

I think the USA is so intent on making soccer a finesse and tactical sport that it is sucking all the blood and thunder out of the game... which is doing nothing for its reputation with the American Football crowd here. Not that FIFA is doing any different I fear.

Maidstoned Eagle 12-07-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14820058)
I generally have the firsts, seconds, violas and 'cellos from left to right as usual, basses behind the 'cellos, woodwinds across behid the strinds and brass and timps at the back. And the only one who gets a podium am I.

Aah, so you have a full separates system? I only have room for the midi version.

chateauferret 12-07-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 14820295)
Aah, so you have a full separates system? I only have room for the midi version.

No but I used to have an orchestra :-)

Now I have to make do with a piano.

old traf 12-07-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 14819586)
I agree, really donít get them. Think they should be left for those for whom it has ingrained cultural significance, e.g sailors. Not any boring **** who just wants to look trendy.

And what about females,have you EVER seen a tattoo that makes a woman more attractive , makes the best looking look like a dyke, and when they are over 40, just yuk

Stellavista 12-07-2019 09:18 PM

Pictures of cats littering every branch of social media. I f*cking hate cats.

legaleagle2 12-07-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old traf (Post 14820341)
have you EVER seen a tattoo that makes a woman more attractive

Marianne Faithful...

Yoda 12-07-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GorBlimey (Post 14819578)
Tattoos.

They are really starting to f*cking annoy me now.

They look shit, they are shit and you know that the NHS will be called upon to remove them in the years ahead when people start to bleat about them impacting their lives.

F*ck off and pay to remove the shit yourselves.

Iíve been wondering too whether this will happen when the trend dies off again. Please no bleating that the tats are effecting mental well being and they want the NHS to fund removal.

Hedgehog 12-07-2019 10:24 PM

Out here, all the cool/hip/trendy (whatever the current word is) bars & grills have to serve micro brewery beer as it's the cool thing to do.

Trouble is they all seem to think that if you make a beer taste all fruity and Belgium style it is a good beer. Personally can't stand "Fruity" beer. I always end up getting the lightest (blonde) beer they sell, which invariable is like piss water.

Half these places don't even sell standard bottled beer any more.

No wonder I'm becoming a wino.