CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Richard 19-07-2019 07:05 PM

He's probably got contacts.

davech 19-07-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgetail (Post 14829173)
Some of us have milk allergies so I find the current fashion for veganism is really useful.

Not belittling that. Just pondering the legitimacy of their claim that a quarter of Britons drink it based on their minuscule sample. Do they know how many vegans/lactose intolerant people they asked in this sample? Just seems to be rather inadequate research. I have actually tried it myself, but didn't care for the taste.

Isle of Wight 19-07-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14829088)
According to a bunch of market research geniuses called Mintel, a quarter of the UK is drinking Ersatz-Milk :D. Based an extensive sample of 2,000 people (yes, 2,000!), 33% of 18-24 year-olds drink it. More vegan lunacy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49030175

What a load of dangerous, ill-founded tosh. Have they proved yet from their extensive research if it causes cancer, dementia, heart disease or anti-social behaviour?

Why? Itís far better for the environment. Itís supposedly better for health so why lunacy? I love milk, itís my Achilles heal, and drink at leat 4 pints a day but if others want to drink Oat milk then great.

davech 19-07-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14829296)
Why? It’s far better for the environment. It’s supposedly better for health so why lunacy? I love milk, it’s my Achilles heal, and drink at leat 4 pints a day but if others want to drink Oat milk then great.

Agreed. People are perfectly free to drink it (I don't like it). Again, what I am querying is the claim that 25% of all people are drinking it on a such a tiny sample. Surely this claim is misleading at best?

CP-RJW 19-07-2019 08:06 PM

Yeah, no way it’s as high as 25%, even amongst young people. There’s other non dairy milk options like almond milk.

Reps AJ 19-07-2019 11:43 PM

Do what now?

You have 4 pints of milk a day? :eek:

ceeby 19-07-2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14829229)
Not belittling that. Just pondering the legitimacy of their claim that a quarter of Britons drink it based on their minuscule sample. Do they know how many vegans/lactose intolerant people they asked in this sample? Just seems to be rather inadequate research. I have actually tried it myself, but didn't care for the taste.

I have no point to make on the drink Dave, but just to let you know that a sample of 2000 is enough of a sample to give a reasonably accurate sample of the UK population.

Isle of Wight 20-07-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 14829873)
Do what now?

You have 4 pints of milk a day? :eek:

Yep at least. Iíve weaned myself down to skimmed but still go though a 2 litre bottle a day if Iím at home. If Iím traveling itís normally about two pints but got to be fresh milk not UHT. A bit of a challenge in certain places.

art malice 20-07-2019 12:12 AM

Bores who go 'it's going to be a looooooong season'.

You'd move away from them in the pub sharpish

Worksop Palace 20-07-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympian2 (Post 14827239)
Colin Murray. You're on the BBC again mate, not Talksport. Try being a half-decent broadcaster rather than a smartarse dickhead.

He is absolutely shite (assume you are referring to him doing the golf on five live ?)

Embarrassing by the BBC as per usual

evvo111 20-07-2019 01:46 PM

Scottish women trying to be subtle


davech 20-07-2019 02:09 PM

"And now on BBC1, Eastenders".

Not on my telly it isn't! Instead of robbing the over-75s of their free licence, if they want to save money, they should axe that heap of shite.

And AND AND they are actually going to a 10th anniversary episode of f*ckin Miranda! Jesus wept!!! I want my licence money back.

Coastal Palace 20-07-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14830468)
"And now on BBC1, Eastenders".

Not on my telly it isn't! Instead of robbing the over-75s of their free licence, if they want to save money, they should axe that heap of shite.

And AND AND they are actually going to a 10th anniversary episode of f*ckin Miranda! Jesus wept!!! I want my licence money back.

They'll probably follow that special up with a 30 minute best of Steven K Amos highlight reel.
What will they fill the other 29 minutes and 59 seconds with?

davech 20-07-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastal Palace (Post 14830489)
They'll probably follow that special up with a 30 minute best of Steven K Amos highlight reel.
What will they fill the other 29 minutes and 59 seconds with?

Steven K Amos; also unfunny, but one of the best balanced blokes around - a chip on each shoulder :moo2:

chateauferret 20-07-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 14830468)
"And now on BBC1, Eastenders".

Not on my telly it isn't! Instead of robbing the over-75s of their free licence, if they want to save money, they should axe that heap of shite.

And AND AND they are actually going to a 10th anniversary episode of f*ckin Miranda! Jesus wept!!! I want my licence money back.

If I were the Governor General of the BBC the first thing I'd get rid of would be Alan Shearer and the second would be Gary Lineker.

Yoda 20-07-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chateauferret (Post 14830495)
If I were the Governor General of the BBC the first thing I'd get rid of would be Alan Shearer and the second would be Gary Lineker.

Whilst I agree theyíre overpaid, that adds up to about £2m.

Just another £748m to go to cover the over 75 licence, which is projected to reach a billion as the population ages.

Sick Bucket 20-07-2019 04:18 PM

Zoe Ball REALLY irritates the hell out of me, can't listen to her.

Coastal Palace 20-07-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick Bucket (Post 14830580)
Zoe Ball REALLY irritates the hell out of me, can't listen to her.

Errr who? errrr you errrr don't errrrr mean Zoe errrrr Ball errrr surely?

Reps AJ 20-07-2019 04:47 PM

Stupid threads in the transfer forum

mte103 20-07-2019 05:01 PM

Right wing politicians and leaders for whom it seems lying is part of their DNA: tens of thousands of square km of Amazon forest slashed daily in Brazil for cattle raising, as surveyed by his own government, and the President just denies it (on BBC today) for business reasons.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.