CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Worksop Palace 30-07-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Andrews is God (Post 14847349)
Since when, 2017?

I’ve no idea

Worksop Palace 30-07-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 14847615)
My fat slob if a brother in law. His wife has gone back to America for a few weeks to see her family, so my wife invited him for dinner. Firstly he has the table manners of a pig and secondly he eats loads then complains of feeling sick because he has eaten too much.

Solution - make that his last invite

Wayne Andrews is God 31-07-2019 06:25 PM

Americans.

big bad John 31-07-2019 06:30 PM

Undisclosed transfer fees

bubbs11 31-07-2019 06:56 PM

My brain...for thinking of Nazi’s every time I hear a German speak.

Was just at an adventure playground on a kind of castle maze thing, and me and my 4yr old got in the way of a German lady behind us, who was playing some kind of chasing game with her 4 children. I apologised for slowing her down and she said, ‘Don’t vorry...I vill catch zem!’

I froze for a moment. Bloody indoctrinating war films.

Hedgehog 31-07-2019 08:15 PM

This is all down to me, so I am mainly annoyed at myself, and I'm far too timid when it comes to stuff like the following...

We are ordering a new front door, and went to one of only 2 places in the area that specialize in Doors and Windows. A representative came out and convinced us the way to go is a fiberglass door, which was not my original thought. But the maintenance and warping issues sold me (especially as it is the problem with the old door). The guy gives us a manufacturers catalog and asked us to pick one out. After a few day we decide which one we want, and let them know.

They then send an installer out to take some measurements. While talking to him it turns out we have to provide our own door hardware (locks etc.) which is understandable, but the "experts" offered us no advise or direction on this. So off we trot to the big box hardware store and gets hardware. The installer also drops the point that the doors are not finished and require staining and gel coating. Again, we were not informed of this... the assumption was an oak grain door would look like it did in the catalog. Again, we now have to find a painter who specializes in painting fiberglass.

I think the thing that is annoying me is, I am basically being my own contractor here, and all the store has provided is a catalog and sent their installer (an independent company). The door manufacturer only sells through distributors so they have you by the balls. The lack of help and advise is bizarre. I could go on...

Makes you not want to do anything to your house... every time we have something done it ends up like this.

thefox 31-07-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkba1t (Post 14846957)
Sliders? I think you mean Slaaaiiders. That's the correct pronunciation.

Anyone who calls flip flops "thongs" is an idiot.

The Australian education system isn't the greatest.

Hedgehog 31-07-2019 08:40 PM

To be fair, my American wife used to call flip flops, thongs. Thankfully she has got out of the habit now a thong implies something else.

It might be a 1970's thing to call them thongs.

Timbo 31-07-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14849505)
To be fair, my American wife used to call flip flops, thongs. Thankfully she has got out of the habit now a thong implies something else.

My family call them slippers

Isle of Wight 31-07-2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14849505)

In New Zealand they are called Jandles and I had to force my kids to use the correct flip flop terminology if they wanted a pair

WLYWLYAWYPWF 31-07-2019 11:50 PM

Peasant scum walking around with a snake around their neck. No one thinks you're f*cking hard least of all the poor snake that is probably struggling to deal with subhuman scum body odour amongst other unwanted stimuli that it could do without.

Isle of Wight 31-07-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 14849735)
Peasant scum walking around with a snake around their neck. No one thinks you're f*cking hard least of all the poor snake that is probably struggling to deal with subhuman scum body odour amongst other unwanted stimuli that it could do without.

Where was this? Has it become a thing like having Tyson on a lead ?

Salad_Burnet 31-07-2019 11:52 PM

Oh wow, where's that?

WLYWLYAWYPWF 01-08-2019 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 14849741)
Where was this? Has it become a thing like having Tyson on a lead ?

Unbelievably in Chichester.

Phil's Barber 01-08-2019 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 14849474)
This is all down to me, so I am mainly annoyed at myself, and I'm far too timid when it comes to stuff like the following...

We are ordering a new front door, and went to one of only 2 places in the area that specialize in Doors and Windows. A representative came out and convinced us the way to go is a fiberglass door, which was not my original thought. But the maintenance and warping issues sold me (especially as it is the problem with the old door). The guy gives us a manufacturers catalog and asked us to pick one out. After a few day we decide which one we want, and let them know.

They then send an installer out to take some measurements. While talking to him it turns out we have to provide our own door hardware (locks etc.) which is understandable, but the "experts" offered us no advise or direction on this. So off we trot to the big box hardware store and gets hardware. The installer also drops the point that the doors are not finished and require staining and gel coating. Again, we were not informed of this... the assumption was an oak grain door would look like it did in the catalog. Again, we now have to find a painter who specializes in painting fiberglass.

I think the thing that is annoying me is, I am basically being my own contractor here, and all the store has provided is a catalog and sent their installer (an independent company). The door manufacturer only sells through distributors so they have you by the balls. The lack of help and advise is bizarre. I could go on...

Makes you not want to do anything to your house... every time we have something done it ends up like this.

People that get taken for a ride.

CPFC 1949 01-08-2019 01:21 AM

Football season starting again.

Hedgehog 01-08-2019 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil's Barber (Post 14849805)
People that get taken for a ride.

I'm not sure I'm getting taken for a ride (the jury is out on that), what is annoying is bad communication and lack of professional advice and customer service by an established home town company that probably is dying on the vine for the reasons I give above.

Worksop Palace 01-08-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 14849735)

There’s a geez who walks around Leeds with a lizard on his shoulder

Nuts

BERT'S HEAD 01-08-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14849894)

Nuts

That would be our Gordon.

Bipe 01-08-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 14849894)

Nuts

Mamadou Gekko
Mo Salamander

Etc etc and so on and so forth.