CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Nork1 17-04-2015 12:53 PM

The 'have I got PPI.com' ads in general but specifically the one where some Irish tart calls me foolish. And not just once, she keeps doing it throughout the day. Cheeky bitch.

Selhurst Celtic 17-04-2015 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12341627)
Good old slam doors and leaning out of the window before leaning back in to avoid decapitation:D

Opening the doors early and wiping out everyone stood the wrong side of the yellow line.

Stations have retained the yellow line on the platforms I see, despite the doors now being different.

Jerry Murphy's Fringe 17-04-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12343157)
The 'have I got PPI.com' ads in general but specifically the one where some Irish tart calls me foolish. And not just once, she keeps doing it throughout the day. Cheeky bitch.

And the one "..we used the money for a holiday, extend the house and start a business".
Well that business is doomed, if the same people who missed they were spending that much inappropriately to service a large amount of debt are now at the forefront of capital enterprise.

Or the advert is made up non-sense to lure people in with false dreams.

Andy Adams 17-04-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe (Post 12343189)
And the one "..we used the money for a holiday, extend the house and start a business".
Well that business is doomed, if the same people who missed they were spending that much inappropriately to service a large amount of debt are now at the forefront of capital enterprise.

Or the advert is made up non-sense to lure people in with false dreams.

I have a friend who got about 5k back from PPI, he has a family and is alway talking about not having enough money. The first thing I said to him was did you not notice all that money going out of your account every month for years on end, makes you wonder how much else they are spunking away.

Gooders 17-04-2015 02:20 PM

People that drive with their heads just barely above the steering wheel/dashboard. Adjust the seat you silly sods.

Gooders 17-04-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12343157)

"Don't you know you're entitled to compensation? It's your money". :rolleyes:

Almost as bad as "we are injury lawyers for you". No, you're really not.

Stellavista 17-04-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12341627)
Good old slam doors and leaning out of the window before leaning back in to avoid decapitation:D

Unscrewing the lightbulbs in first class, to chuck at the walls in tunnels.
And the unspeakable stench of BR toilets.

Sorry, I got distracted. Nostalgia, rather than annoyance.

Stellavista 17-04-2015 08:52 PM

LBC.

GorBlimey 17-04-2015 09:55 PM

Politicians who pretend mass immigration has had no effect on employment, schools, housing or the NHS.

It's simply that we're spending too little money.

postman plod 17-04-2015 10:01 PM

Computers, i fu.king hate them.
Yes i know i'm on one now, but i still fu.king hate them:veryangry

chrisophiex 17-04-2015 11:26 PM

Brian Swanson's mouth .

He has what I call a "Scottish top lip".

chrisophiex 17-04-2015 11:28 PM

Cricket.

People talking about Cricket.

Jim Cannon 17-04-2015 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12343669)
Unscrewing the lightbulbs in first class, to chuck at the walls in tunnels.
And the unspeakable stench of BR toilets.

Sorry, I got distracted. Nostalgia, rather than annoyance.

As a kid climbing into the string luggage racks too. Schoolcaps were really handy when unscrewing the lightbulbs too. Still we derail the thread, as you were:D

Salad_Burnet 17-04-2015 11:36 PM

Listening to people that are working class talking about holidays outside of Europe (and I include my sister in that).

Makes me cringe.

3 Beers at HT 17-04-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12343869)
Cricket.

People talking about Cricket.

An annoyance due to a lack of understanding of a game is the fault of your unintelligence.

An excellent 5 days of Test cricket, epitomising why it remains the greatest form of the game has just ended, and a milestone of great magnitude has been achieved by an England player, yet you're 'annoyed' because people are talking about it?

:clown:

Vince Hilaire's Afro 18-04-2015 12:18 AM

People who leave shopping trolleys right next to your car

SA Eagle 18-04-2015 12:36 AM

People who leave shopping trolleys in Supermarket car park spaces so you have no space to park

NorthPalace23 18-04-2015 01:41 AM

Arseholes who occupy 2 seats on a crowded train, making a point of deliberately sitting on the seat next to the one by the window. I make these ***** move on principle.

justjuice 18-04-2015 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 (Post 12344010)
Arseholes who occupy 2 seats on a crowded train, making a point of deliberately sitting on the seat next to the one by the window. I make these ***** move on principle.

I must admit I do this but not because I want both seats. I prefer the aisle seat on trains and planes as there's a bit more room.

danpalace07 18-04-2015 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 12343879)
Listening to people that are working class talking about holidays outside of Europe (and I include my sister in that).

Makes me cringe.

How dare the proles want to explore our world

The cheek of it.