CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

thefox 19-04-2015 11:04 AM

So easy.

Breaking rocks 19-04-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 12345866)
Amanda Holden - why exactly is she famous?

Banging Neil Morrisey (Palace fan yay!) while being married to Les Dennis (who?)

in-exile 19-04-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy (Post 12345500)
Recycled trolls.

Troll hunters...just let them be.

PeterH 20-04-2015 02:48 AM

Lack of open WIFI almost anywhere. Always needing to sign on and register for it. I heard London was going to be the place for WIFI hotspots, but you end up having to sign up to be flooded with spam. Not even WIFI in Starbucks at London Bridge. Just open your WIFI up if you're a public business - all this 0123456789 nonesense.

If you have a little cafe or hostal who is going to come in just to use free internet?

Blind_Eagle 20-04-2015 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 12345866)
Amanda Holden - why exactly is she famous?

Shagging the bloke that hosted Family Fortunes when it had become totally shit?

I mean seriously, would you?

(Obviously you'd do Holden, but that's for another thread)

Wenda Simms 20-04-2015 09:21 AM

Just those who does not have a sense of time and who can lie with a straight face, as if everything is well and good. And definitely those who are always present in all work place, the "credit-grabbers".

Chocky 20-04-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12346131)
Woman at work who thinks I'm interested in hearing all about her "cute" little yappy dog.

God she does go on... then tells the same frigging stories to others that come by.

Well get her to tell the story of how this horrid man in the office punched her little bastard to death and stuck it in a KFC box in her desk.

lofty3rgj 20-04-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12347760)
Well get her to tell the story of how this horrid man in the office punched her little bastard to death and stuck it in a KFC box in her desk.

:lux::lux:

mik59 20-04-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Bassett (Post 12345783)
My indoctrination into Palace was via the Third division South more a case of do the crime serve the time.

You bet your sweet life with that track record.....I have really enjoyed the good times1:D

That makes me feel a right glory hunter as I didn't come on board until 66-7 when we were Div 2. A. I only got into football after the World Cup B. When my Grandad lifted me up on his shoulders on Grangewood Park to show me a bit of a game through his binoculars it was a bit of an Accrington Stanley, who are they? moment.

Georgie Boy 20-04-2015 01:44 PM

Going out for dinner and/or drinks and being faced with a bunch of rules and regulations.

One drink per person, order from the set menu because there's more than 5 people at your table, no you can't do that, sorry that's only for our members, sit down, stand up, this area is closing, move along please, no service from this side, sorry we don't do doubles...or shots...no beer on tap, plastic glasses, drinks tickets only, no drinks beyond this point, cue here, one in one out, no dancing, don't smile, don't look, don't breath, don't do...and definitely don't.

Bouncers and Security fuel the fire inside my socially sensitive soul.

Jim Cannon 20-04-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgie Boy (Post 12347904)
Going out for dinner and/or drinks and being faced with a bunch of rules and regulations.

One drink per person, order from the set menu because there's more than 5 people at your table, no you can't do that, sorry that's only for our members, sit down, stand up, this area is closing, move along please, no service from this side, sorry we don't do doubles...or shots...no beer on tap, plastic glasses, drinks tickets only, no drinks beyond this point, cue here, one in one out, no dancing, don't smile, don't look, don't breath, don't do...and definitely don't.

I don't know where you went for that experience but suggest you don't go back

chrisophiex 20-04-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Which Morrissey song is that from ?

Isle of Wight 20-04-2015 04:22 PM

The expression "the next level" it seems to everywhere from teams, to players, to products, to sales figures. Please please use something else.

EagleSE24 20-04-2015 05:12 PM

The fact that people don't think escalator etiquette applies anywhere other than a tube station.

It should. Had to meet a colleague at Westfield the other day. The gormless, slack-jawed yokels lounging on the wrong side of the escalator drove me to distraction.

Nork1 20-04-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 12348211)
The expression "the next level" it seems to everywhere from teams, to players, to products, to sales figures. Please please use something else.

Yep. What the **** IS this mysterious 'next level'?

danpalace07 20-04-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12348345)

For us, to be an established PL team that no one expects to go down. Aiming to finish in the top 10 every season with a solid infrastructure (TG, academy etc).

Jim Cannon 20-04-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Ask any Charlton fan if you don't know

PeterH 20-04-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Heavy petting?

Jordan's Jacket 20-04-2015 06:10 PM

Mobile phones. Quite simply the worst invention, ever.

Yoda 20-04-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

I think I've only experienced one of those listed above, plastic glasses on matchdays.

Maybe it's an Aussie evening out, or you're choosing the wrong places?