CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Chocky 21-04-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12349790)
And the trouble is...to show impartiality, it will continue now until something positive & negative has been said about every feckin party.

Those two posh pissheads had a show of their own where they invited Farage to their upper class B&B.

Little Fozzie 21-04-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle (Post 12349616)

My housemate at uni was a nightmare for this. He'd also occasionally start watching videos on Facebook with the bloody sound on!

Worse thing is he would sometimes say after something like "it was alright but I just didn't really get into it". No shit!

Breaking rocks 21-04-2015 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12349796)
Those two posh pissheads had a show of their own where they invited Farage to their upper class B&B.

Saw that, took him to the pub and lent him trousers!

Yoda 21-04-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12349794)
:D when you think about it, all the mothers are well thick, even the essex one thats left, except for scouse Leons wife.

Poor woman, looks after him like another child, he's so helpless (or likes to make out that he is).

He has really strong likes and dislikes, no grey areas....but I guess that makes for better viewing.

glenn.f 22-04-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12348890)
People who start sentences with 'you do realise', raising their twat rating from medium to severe instantly.

Just beneath the golden chestnut " I don't mean to complain...but"

glenn.f 22-04-2015 09:39 AM

Working with family especially after twenty plus years...daily wind up.

Ryan_the_eagle 22-04-2015 09:58 PM

People who slow down for traffic on the other side of the road! Not even rubbernecking but doing 20 just because there is a que on the other side! Why?

Also that ******* Shearer advert!

Salad_Burnet 22-04-2015 10:48 PM

People at work who pop out for some shopping and invariably ask, 'anyone want anything from over the road?'.

Such a bullshitty thing to ask, and no-one ever says yes, and why would you want to give up your own excuse for leaving the office yourself?

Polak 22-04-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 12351381)
People at work who pop out for some shopping and invariably ask, 'anyone want anything from over the road?'.

Such a bullshitty thing to ask, and no-one ever says yes, and why would you want to give up your own excuse for leaving the office yourself?

I always reply with chicken bhuna extra hot with chana masala and garlic naan please. That shuts them up.

Mr Statto 23-04-2015 01:18 PM

When.you've been sold a service at a fixed price, but when you turn up they recommend various extras which end up doubling the price

elgin eagle 23-04-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Statto (Post 12352021)
When.you've been sold a service at a fixed price, but when you turn up they recommend various extras which end up doubling the price

Sounds like buying a new build house off-plan. Things our house is coming without: a normal sized garden, carpets, wardrobes, fences, a shower in the bathroom, the full amount of tiling in kitchen and bathrooms, and any built in appliances in the kitchen bar an oven and hob. Robbing bastards.

Adlerhorst 23-04-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12352129)
Sounds like buying a new build house off-plan. Things our house is coming without: a normal sized garden, carpets, wardrobes, fences, a shower in the bathroom, the full amount of tiling in kitchen and bathrooms, and any built in appliances in the kitchen bar an oven and hob. Robbing bastards.

New builds also seem to come with a gazillion halogen bulbs, change those to LEDs if they are not already putting LEDs in, otherwise your house will be stupidly hot.

If you do do that though you might find that your digital radios no longer work. It's the most bizarre thing (and not limited to new builds).

elgin eagle 23-04-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adlerhorst (Post 12352138)
New builds also seem to come with a gazillion halogen bulbs, change those to LEDs if they are not already putting LEDs in, otherwise your house will be stupidly hot.

Not with my wife in the house it won't. She opens windows with ease, but shutting them is another matter. It does remind me of another 'extra' though: All the lights only come with bayonet fittings, spotlights or leds are extra :(

Hedgehog 24-04-2015 03:09 AM

TSA.... No frigging consistency. It's a crap shoot what they want you to take off, take out, or allowed to carry on.

Eagle987 24-04-2015 06:15 AM

The Neophilic arseholes in my office who all of a sudden need a standing desk because one colleague requested one and have now spread like wildfire. You just know in 6 months' time they'll be set to a sitting level and be nothing more than an expensive monitor riser.

civil eagle 24-04-2015 09:49 PM

People who decide to park on the road instead of their drives causing the road to become a series of chicanes. I would make it illegal to park on the road if they have off road parking, plus illegal to own more than one car per person

danpalace07 24-04-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12352967)
TSA.... No frigging consistency. It's a crap shoot what they want you to take off, take out, or allowed to carry on.

I wonder what people's opinion of them would be if they weren't so ******* rude to passengers.

CT_Palace 24-04-2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12352967)

This in spades! Drives me mad! And as someone who avoids checking in luggage like the plague, it's a bloody nightmare.

Icy 25-04-2015 11:03 AM

People in the gym lifting weights that grunt, scream and throw the weights to the floor like they are in britains strongest man yet can even bench press 70 kg. In particular the twats that put talc over their hands like that will assist their peak performance.

CT_Palace 25-04-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12354095)
This in spades! Drives me mad! And as someone who avoids checking in luggage like the plague, it's a bloody nightmare.

And whilst we're at airports:
10 x-ray machines bought and paid for and only 2 in use creating unholy queues at security.
Unfathomable gate numbering logic.
Collecting your duty free purchases at the plane door.
Baggage handlers who seem to be (must be!) on a permanent go-slow protest.
Rip-off exchange rates and exorbitant fees at airport Forex windows
Trains between terminal building and gates that are slower than walking (are you listening LHR T5?)