CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

CT_Palace 27-04-2015 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12358002)
People who think 'deplane' is a word.

It is.

Palace_Akie 27-04-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 12358344)
That because there is a big fight on Saturday everyone is a boxing expert for the next 10 days.

Same with politics at the moment as well.

Hedgehog 28-04-2015 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12358002)
People who think 'deplane' is a word.

Of course it is...


PeterH 28-04-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 12354601)
Tight arse's who want to bring a massive piece of hand luggage on a plane and shove it in an overhead locker and then cause everyone who has REAL hand luggage to have to cram bags under seats. Tight arse twats.

Yep, I'm all for an Easy Jet fining system to be used across all airlines for this.

It's a piss take - and the jerks usually show the kind of self-importance you want to slap out of them. I think I will be complaining loudly every time I see one in the future. Oi twat that's a fecking suitcase, you should check it in and wait like the rest of us.

Reps AJ 28-04-2015 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12358575)
It is.

Yes. The OED lists it as going as far back as 1923.

elgin eagle 28-04-2015 08:48 AM

Going to the gym and convincing myself i've had a good workout, only to get out of breath putting my shoes back on after.

Biggineagle 28-04-2015 09:01 AM

People who think intelligence is measured in words.

Maz 28-04-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12358575)
It is.

I think you misunderstand me. It may be in a dictionary but that does not mean it should be used by anyone other than lazy easy jet stewardesses.

It is a disgusting.americanism.

scro 28-04-2015 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12359407)
I think you misunderstand me. It may be in a dictionary but that does not mean it should be used by anyone other than lazy easy jet stewardesses.

It is a disgusting.americanism.

I have never heard it used ( until this thread). So not sure it can be a thing that annoys you regularly.

scro 28-04-2015 09:16 AM

why does ( until) come out like *****il) ? if you don't put in the space?

Maz 28-04-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scro (Post 12359410)
I have never heard it used ( until this thread). So not sure it can be a thing that annoys you regularly.

It isn't. But it does annoy me when it is used.

I think incidentally you are confusing this with the "things that regularly annoy you" thread.

Maz 28-04-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scro (Post 12359414)
why does ( until) come out like *****il) ? if you don't put in the space?

Blame WCB. The naughty little tinker loves circumventing the swear filter.

scro 28-04-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12359429)
Blame WCB. The naughty little tinker loves circumventing the swear filter.

Ah yes i get it now.

Stavros 69 28-04-2015 10:15 AM

Cyclists who serve into the middle of the road to avoid man holes.
Very dangerous.

Also running red lights.

little al 28-04-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12359429)
Blame WCB. The naughty little tinker loves circumventing the swear filter.

The ****.

HOL_Beagle 28-04-2015 01:32 PM

Posts that end with the word 'discuss'. Discuss.

Palace_Akie 28-04-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 12359329)
Yep, I'm all for an Easy Jet fining system to be used across all airlines for this.

It's a piss take - and the jerks usually show the kind of self-importance you want to slap out of them. I think I will be complaining loudly every time I see one in the future. Oi twat that's a fecking suitcase, you should check it in and wait like the rest of us.

Not sure if it's still the rules but some airlines used to limit size but not weight on hand luggage as long as it's not too heavy for you lift. The amount of times either I've been asked or someone near me to lift a ridiculously heavy suitcase into an overhead locker, don't think it should count if you have to ask someone else.

Little Fozzie 28-04-2015 02:38 PM

People who slowly walk diagonally across the front of you, almost forcing you to come to a standstill

Adlerhorst 28-04-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace_Akie (Post 12359818)
Not sure if it's still the rules but some airlines used to limit size but not weight on hand luggage as long as it's not too heavy for you lift. The amount of times either I've been asked or someone near me to lift a ridiculously heavy suitcase into an overhead locker, don't think it should count if you have to ask someone else.

Virgin Atlantic (at least i think it was Virgin) certainly used to have a weight limit for carry on luggage. I recall flying to NYC for a long weekend and was upgrading my flight and accidentally put my carry on onto the scales thing rather than the floor. I was told the size was fine but it was too heavy (13kg) and had to be checked. A mistake which saw me carrying my laptop, ipad, workpapers, a book and various cables through security and resulted in me purchasing a very expensive replacement bag in duty free.

ConCPFC 28-04-2015 02:48 PM

People who put their food in the microwave at work then **** off. Are you really that busy that you can't stay with your food for 2 minutes?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.