CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Gooders 11-06-2015 07:45 PM

And the prize for most irritating station announcer ever goes to the twat they've got plugging upcoming programs on the SyFy channel - oh my good god somebody shoot the ****, please.

woldinghameagle 12-06-2015 10:17 AM

Joggers/runners trying to negotiate London Bridge southbound at 08:15.

People who try and beat the queue at London Bridge by walking down the inside of the train to the front then push in front of you.

Prople who aggressively barge in front to get the last seat and then barge in front again to get off as you stand all the way in the aisle.

If you do get an aisle seat, then the people standing in the aise who keep brushing the top of your head with their newspaper and bashing you with their rucksack which they leave ontheir back.

And then... the people that have been queuing for ages for the ticket barrier decide its time to search their pockets for the ticket only when they are actually at the barrier.

And...dont get me started on wheely suitcases at packed railway stations.

You may be able to sense it's been a joyous commute today!

stinky 12-06-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woldinghameagle (Post 12424317)
Joggers/runners trying to negotiate London Bridge southbound at 08:15.

People who try and beat the queue at London Bridge by walking down the inside of the train to the front then push in front of you.

Prople who aggressively barge in front to get the last seat and then barge in front again to get off as you stand all the way in the aisle.

If you do get an aisle seat, then the people standing in the aise who keep brushing the top of your head with their newspaper and bashing you with their rucksack which they leave ontheir back.

And then... the people that have been queuing for ages for the ticket barrier decide its time to search their pockets for the ticket only when they are actually at the barrier.

And...dont get me started on wheely suitcases at packed railway stations.

You may be able to sense it's been a joyous commute today!

I don't miss my daily commute into London Bridge at all.

14 min drive to the brewery, and even then I get annoyed with people.

I'm not a people person.

art malice 12-06-2015 10:33 AM

That Tony Laithwaite wine ad where absolutely no one is pissed, apart from the woman with a huge glass of red in her hand who says 'the staff are so lovely'. Like to have seen her after she'd finished that glass and was moving on to the next.

woldinghameagle 12-06-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 12424321)
I don't miss my daily commute into London Bridge at all.

14 min drive to the brewery, and even then I get annoyed with people.

I'm not a people person.

Thanks Stinky, that's made me feel so much better! 14 min commute to the brewery......

JJ 12-06-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConCPFC (Post 12419739)
People (almost always women) who try to maneuver their way to the doors of a train just as the train has left the previous station. Extra points if the person does it at a big station during rush hour.

In a similar vein...

People who push the "Bus Stopping" button just as it pulls out from the previous stop. At least let the poor bloke get back into the traffic FFS.

kevb 12-06-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woldinghameagle (Post 12424317)
Joggers/runners trying to negotiate London Bridge southbound at 08:15.

People who try and beat the queue at London Bridge by walking down the inside of the train to the front then push in front of you.

Prople who aggressively barge in front to get the last seat and then barge in front again to get off as you stand all the way in the aisle.

If you do get an aisle seat, then the people standing in the aise who keep brushing the top of your head with their newspaper and bashing you with their rucksack which they leave ontheir back.

And then... the people that have been queuing for ages for the ticket barrier decide its time to search their pockets for the ticket only when they are actually at the barrier.

And...dont get me started on wheely suitcases at packed railway stations.

You may be able to sense it's been a joyous commute today!

My one real commuting gripe is when those sitting expect to be able to get up immediately and off the train, pushing their way in to the queue to get off before those who have been forced to stand. I am usually able to sit, but will never move to get up until those who have had to stand in the aisles next to me have at least had the opportunity to move before I do.

ChuckMcBalls 12-06-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevb (Post 12424374)
My one real commuting gripe is when those sitting expect to be able to get up immediately and off the train, pushing their way in to the queue to get off before those who have been forced to stand. I am usually able to sit, but will never move to get up until those who have had to stand in the aisles next to me have at least had the opportunity to move before I do.

These people get on my tits.

As someone who is usually standing on the train, I make a power play as we are pulling into the station and support myself with my arm on the shelf above the seat of the person I suspect will do this.

I have twice got into arguments on crowded trains with people who have tried to stand and get in front of me and I haven't let them. Good thing about most English people, and especially work commuters, is they get very embarrassed if you cause a scene about their behaviour and they back down (I myself have no shame).

glenn.f 12-06-2015 12:56 PM

Nissan Micra's and the idiots who choose to drive what must be the worlds slowest car.

art malice 12-06-2015 01:01 PM

Jo Wilson's ridiculous Scottish accent on Sky Sports News

kevb 12-06-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckMcBalls (Post 12424404)
These people get on my tits.

As someone who is usually standing on the train, I make a power play as we are pulling into the station and support myself with my arm on the shelf above the seat of the person I suspect will do this.

I have twice got into arguments on crowded trains with people who have tried to stand and get in front of me and I haven't let them. Good thing about most English people, and especially work commuters, is they get very embarrassed if you cause a scene about their behaviour and they back down (I myself have no shame).

Good for you - when I do stand I will do the exact same and put myself into a position that stops them getting up. Not had an argument yet, but would be happy to were it to happen.

elgin eagle 12-06-2015 01:08 PM

Flies

pumaspalace 12-06-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 12424354)
In a similar vein...

People who push the "Bus Stopping" button just as it pulls out from the previous stop. At least let the poor bloke get back into the traffic FFS.

Not sure about this one. Surely it's better to do it early than late to give the driver time? What is annoying is when loads of people press the button repeatedly.

Jim Cannon 12-06-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 12424354)
In a similar vein...

People who push the "Bus Stopping" button just as it pulls out from the previous stop. At least let the poor bloke get back into the traffic FFS.

Yep. Then despite the sign being lit, other people repeatedly pressing the bell afterwards

Breaking rocks 12-06-2015 08:33 PM

God I miss London.

Tony Montana 12-06-2015 09:06 PM

People who press the open button on the train door before its even stopped. How desperate are these people to get off the train half a ssecond quicker?

People who sit in the outside seats who when you ask them to get up so you can get into the inside seat, look like you've just asked to **** their Mrs whilst fingering their arsehole.

Tony Montana 12-06-2015 09:08 PM

Snorers on trains, show a bit of decorum you fat mess

dweedman 12-06-2015 10:55 PM

White people with dreadlocks. It just looks terrible.

Jim Cannon 12-06-2015 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 12425043)
People who press the open button on the train door before its even stopped. How desperate are these people to get off the train half a ssecond quicker?

People who sit in the outside seats who when you ask them to get up so you can get into the inside seat, look like you've just asked to **** their Mrs whilst fingering their arsehole.

Not just that, the fecking idiots that think if they press it 100 times, it is going to open. It isn't. ****wits

JJ 13-06-2015 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumaspalace (Post 12424922)
Not sure about this one. Surely it's better to do it early than late to give the driver time?

Not when there are at least 5 minutes driving along the motorway in between stops it isn't.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.