CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

drunkymunky 17-07-2015 03:07 AM

Shops that display open signs when they're not... Gagging for a beer at 4 in the morning and they're shut!

Joe85 17-07-2015 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12474405)
Mini Burgers. If you are going to bother, eat a real burger, you twonks. If you go to an event, and see these f*ckers being offered, leave. The host clearly doesn't give a f*ck about you. Nearly always as dry as a nun's arsehole, with no room for a proper dollop of relish. Cheapest thing on the canape menu. Satan's snack.

http://www.pearl-pictures.com/wp-con...pen-Day_17.jpg

To be fair, you could rifle through twenty of them and no one would bat an eyelid.
Eat 3 regular burgers and you can feel people judging you in the room. These are a wonderful invention for the dimensionally challenged.

Yoda 17-07-2015 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 12474453)
Ambulance sirens.

Is it really necessary for them to have that ear piercing feckin thing blaring at 1000 decibels?!??

Took my colic suffering newborn out for a walk in the pram yesterday to try and stop her screaming. Finally got her dozing off when this noisy feckin ambulance startles her back awake and screaming again. I wouldn't mind but there was actually no traffic around at the time to warn of their existence.

I'm sure I hear sirens far more often than I used to as well.

Now I know I live near Croydon, before some smartarse points out that possible cause!, but it's not uncommon for us to hear 4-5 sirens in a short time (usually police to be honest).

In the past that would indicate a big incident that you'd probably read about locally the day after.

Are they less bothered about when they put on the 'blues and twos' now, or is there really that much more crime?

chrisophiex 17-07-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 12474471)
I'm sure I hear sirens far more often than I used to as well.

Now I know I live near Croydon, before some smartarse points out that possible cause!, but it's not uncommon for us to hear 4-5 sirens in a short time (usually police to be honest).

In the past that would indicate a big incident that you'd probably read about locally the day after.

Are they less bothered about when they put on the 'blues and twos' now, or is there really that much more crime?

Are you sure it's not some cool kid with a police siren on his bmx ? Remember those ? I'm sure you could select Ambulance, Fire Engine and Police :D

Nork1 17-07-2015 10:34 AM

Whining vegetarians. I was at a carvery a couple of weeks back and an indignant woman started complaining loudly about the limited options for non meat eaters. Hello, it's a ******* carvery you stupid tart. You're in a place where they prepare, slice up and serve dead things. What the **** were you expecting?
(Having said that, at the end of the carvery section full of very tasty dead animals was a large gravy jug with a sign saying 'suitable for vegetarians').

Worksop Palace 17-07-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danpalace07 (Post 12474434)
Don't see the point on shelling out 5 notes for these little ****ers when I can get better at home. Related to this, Five Guys can do one as well. I'll never know what their burgers taste like because of their prices

That's it, I'm done with the BBS. It's worse than HOL.

What's it coming to when the swear filter blanks out the word burgers

What ever next .....

jolly 17-07-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12474708)
Whining vegetarians. I was at a carvery a couple of weeks back and an indignant woman started complaining loudly about the limited options for non meat eaters. Hello, it's a ******* carvery you stupid tart. You're in a place where they prepare, slice up and serve dead things. What the **** were you expecting?
(Having said that, at the end of the carvery section full of very tasty dead animals was a large gravy jug with a sign saying 'suitable for vegetarians').

I bought my dogs a packet of roast ox crisps yesterday and they said suitable for vegetarians :)

Wolfnipplechips 17-07-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Ew. Any gravy which is suitable for vegetarians is just not gravy.

Maidstoned Eagle 17-07-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

I like wandering into vegetarian restaurants and asking for the meat option.

Stellavista 17-07-2015 02:27 PM

'Gentrification'. Why not 'Wankerisation'? Because that's what London is filling up with. Total c*nts, everywhere.

david sylvian 17-07-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12475096)
'Gentrification'. Why not 'Wankerisation'? Because that's what London is filling up with. Total c*nts, everywhere.

Totally and utterly spot on

danpalace07 17-07-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12475096)

Agreed. Are we supposed to greet it with open arms as communities are forced out to make way for luxury flats and artisan bakeries?

Nork1 17-07-2015 03:42 PM

For ****'s sake PLEASE stop this wanky ******* sky pundit speak referring to strikers playing 'up top'. It's UP FRONT.

art malice 17-07-2015 04:43 PM

People who ask 'how you doing?' when they couldn't give a fvck. Fvck off.

Jim Cannon 17-07-2015 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 12475365)
People who ask 'how you doing?' when they couldn't give a fvck. Fvck off.

They usually say it, and move on to the next sentence without waiting for a reply.

In addition, people in offices who rarely acknowledge you or even speak to you, come up and be all friendly and ask how you are. I know you fecking want to talk to me now, it's because you want something, you fecker

chrisophiex 17-07-2015 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12475277)
For ****'s sake PLEASE stop this wanky ******* sky pundit speak referring to strikers playing 'up top'. It's UP FRONT.

Hate it when the sky presenters interviewing someone look at the camera as they ask the question , to "involve" me. DON'T LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT THEM !!

Breaking rocks 17-07-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12475404)
Hate it when the sky presenters interviewing someone look at the camera as they ask the question , to "involve" me. DON'T LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT THEM !!

Lol, it's another import from the US.

chrisophiex 17-07-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12475416)
Lol, it's another import from the US.

Yep. Like when they shout at little bit when they introduce the show.

Someone posted on here that joke about having noisy neighbours . Now we know how Canada feels :D

JJ Hunsecker 17-07-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 12474783)
Ew. Any gravy which is suitable for vegetarians is just not gravy.

Any gravy that makes vegetarians taste better is got to be good.

the digger 17-07-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

As a chef, I'm always tempted to remind them that being vegetarian is a choice and that they have, in fact, chosen not to eat the other dishes.