CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Panther 01-10-2022 11:24 PM

Traffic. Got home from Selhurst to Beckenham, admittedly via Forest Hill, just after 6.30 today.

Blind_Eagle 01-10-2022 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16674546)
There are hardly any ex Palace players in this division.

Seeing as most of our recent ex-players were released to sympathetic retirement homes, Iím not exactly surprised to read that.

thefox 02-10-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 16674546)
There are hardly any ex Palace players in this division.

Because we had so many old players under the last couple of managers.

Hennessey, Kouyate, Gallagher, Loftus-Cheek, Bumfluff, Townsend, Alex McCarthy, AWB.

TopKnot 02-10-2022 11:47 PM

Non stop posts on social media with UNBELIEVABLE Haaland-related stats. ‘haaland has scored more goals in 6 minutes this season than van persie and Suarez combined managed in their professional careers’ kind of stuff.

Yes yes he’s an amazing player but please cut out the wanking

Reps AJ 03-10-2022 06:13 PM

Use your indicators, you twat.

HOL_Beagle 04-10-2022 09:58 PM

"Today" as in "Do you want a receipt today" or "is that all today" or "do you have a Nectar card today".

They all seem to do it. At every supermarket. Why the 'today' bit? Its superfluous.

No, I'd like to buy this now but get my receipt tomorrow....

Supersonic 04-10-2022 10:09 PM

People (let's be honest women) that get to the top or bottom of an escalator or wherever and just stop. Get out the way for f**k sake!!

Supersonic 04-10-2022 10:15 PM

and another ... this sort of shite that constantly pops up on my facebook feed

There were times I’ve had £5 to just feed myself and I’ve also had £200 to go out to eat. I’ve had a house full of food and I didn’t have any. I’ve been in stores cashing out with no worries and I’ve also had to add it up and put things back on the shelf. I’ve paid my bills in full and I’ve had to pay them late too. I’ve given money and I too have had to ask for it.
We all have highs and lows in life. Some certainly more than others, but we are all just trying to make it.
No one is better than anyone else and my heart is sad for those people who think that they are. No matter how big your house is, how new your car is, or how much money sits in your bank account - we all bleed red and will eventually fade from this earth. Death has no discrimination and neither should your life.
Be kind to others. We are all here to serve. Stop the power tripping. Your oversized ego won’t get you anywhere.
Be humble. And keep faith going.
Very few will actually read this far but if you’re genuine I challenge you to copy. Most won’t, because they’re the type of people I’m talking about. Copied from a friend x

JimmyAG 04-10-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16681025)
People (let's be honest women) that get to the top or bottom of an escalator or wherever and just stop. Get out the way for f**k sake!!

Did the situation escalate further?

big bad John 04-10-2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyAG (Post 16681032)

That was bad - on so many levels.

garronrav 04-10-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16681035)
That was bad - on so many levels.

I thought that was slapstick clever

Supersonic 04-10-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

no, I just gave her a long stair.

Blind_Eagle 05-10-2022 12:13 AM

Quote:

I giggled.

Bizarrely, you must give etc. to Jimmy.

GorBlimey 05-10-2022 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16681078)
no, I just gave her a long stair.

Probably just gave her a lift.

LN1 05-10-2022 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16681025)

You need to to rise above it, next time take steps to avoid the situation.

bubbs11 05-10-2022 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 16681031)
and another ... this sort of shite that constantly pops up on my facebook feed

There were times Iíve had £5 to just feed myself and Iíve also had £200 to go out to eat. Iíve had a house full of food and I didnít have any. Iíve been in stores cashing out with no worries and Iíve also had to add it up and put things back on the shelf. Iíve paid my bills in full and Iíve had to pay them late too. Iíve given money and I too have had to ask for it.
We all have highs and lows in life. Some certainly more than others, but we are all just trying to make it.
No one is better than anyone else and my heart is sad for those people who think that they are. No matter how big your house is, how new your car is, or how much money sits in your bank account - we all bleed red and will eventually fade from this earth. Death has no discrimination and neither should your life.
Be kind to others. We are all here to serve. Stop the power tripping. Your oversized ego wonít get you anywhere.
Be humble. And keep faith going.
Very few will actually read this far but if youíre genuine I challenge you to copy. Most wonít, because theyíre the type of people Iím talking about. Copied from a friend x

I hate those. Good thing is though, if itís a colleague or a neighbour, is that you instantly know what that person is all about so make a mental note to avoid in future.

JimmyAG 05-10-2022 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LN1 (Post 16681125)
You need to to rise above it, next time take steps to avoid the situation.

De-escalation is usually the safest bet, but this lady had already gone a step too far.

RazorsEdge 05-10-2022 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyAG (Post 16681137)
De-escalation is usually the safest bet, but this lady had already gone a step too far.

Momentum took her up there canít really blame her for that

Bizarro 05-10-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbs11 (Post 16681129)
I hate those. Good thing is though, if itís a colleague or a neighbour, is that you instantly know what that person is all about so make a mental note to avoid in future.

Said this to someone recently, meet someone new, befriend them on Facebook before you get to know them, you can tell if they:re a complete twat so don't have to bother and know to avoid them

JimmyAG 05-10-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizarro (Post 16681160)
Said this to someone recently, meet someone new, befriend them on Facebook before you get to know them, you can tell if they:re a complete twat so don't have to bother and know to avoid them

And did you hear from them since?