CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

viking's no1 21-10-2015 07:08 PM

My missus.

She airs the children's towels on a clotheshorse type thing, possibly called a clotheshorse. They dry and she puts them on the back of the bathroom door, ready for the evening baths. The towels are very long and touch the bathroom floor.

One afternoon I was working from home and she appeared at the door with a towel in her hand and said she was really worried we had a leak somewhere because recently, when she'd gone to use the towels at bath-time, and sometimes they were already wet at the bottom. We'd had a problem with a drip from the toilet which had managed to find its way through the floor and come through the kitchen ceiling, so I immediately thought we had a severe issue. She'd looked everywhere but couldn't find a leak so we thought we'd leave it and monitor the situation.

I couldn't sleep for the worry and just before dawn it dawned on me - it's a towel FFS. I use it to dry my hands on. And it only happens every now and then because I don't work at home all the time.

Now I'm in trouble for incorrect use of towels. I've annoyed me as well for not thinking of it sooner.

cantspell 21-10-2015 07:17 PM

Things that annoy you

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12630797)
My missus.

She airs the children's towels on a clotheshorse type thing, possibly called a clotheshorse. They dry and she puts them on the back of the bathroom door, ready for the evening baths. The towels are very long and touch the bathroom floor.

One afternoon I was working from home and she appeared at the door with a towel in her hand and said she was really worried we had a leak somewhere because recently, when she'd gone to use the towels at bath-time, and sometimes they were already wet at the bottom. We'd had a problem with a drip from the toilet which had managed to find its way through the floor and come through the kitchen ceiling, so I immediately thought we had a severe issue. She'd looked everywhere but couldn't find a leak so we thought we'd leave it and monitor the situation.

I couldn't sleep for the worry and just before dawn it dawned on me - it's a towel FFS. I use it to dry my hands on. And it only happens every now and then because I don't work at home all the time.

Now I'm in trouble for incorrect use of towels. I've annoyed me as well for not thinking of it sooner.

She had just posted on another site same thread title - subject incorrect use of towels

mushroom 21-10-2015 07:21 PM

Paying for my daughter to have a hours dance lesson, and watching the dance teacher chat to one of the mums for the first 15mins while the kids sit bored.
I've told the Mrs we will only pay 75% of the cost next week.

elgin eagle 21-10-2015 07:29 PM

Getting sold a ten euro 'so easy' phonecard instead of an mtn one like i asked for, then having to listen to the dozy assistant tell me she can't exchange it as 'i might have used it'. What, in the 10 seconds between walking out of the shop and walking back in having realised the dozy bint has sold me the wrong one?

Now regretting my principled stance to 'never use this shop again' as its an extra 200 metres to the next shop.

viking's no1 21-10-2015 07:34 PM

Upon asking for fish and chips please in a hotel, sitting down and then being presented with the fish and small dish of sauce on something that can only be described as a wooden chopping board that has seen better days. The chips came in a metal bucket that would be more appropriate hanging up with a plant in it. Have they run out of plates?

Maybe I should up the value of my hotels.

simon 21-10-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12630818)
Upon asking for fish and chips please in a hotel, sitting down and then being presented with the fish and small dish of sauce on something that can only be described as a wooden chopping board that has seen better days. The chips came in a metal bucket that would be more appropriate hanging up with a plant in it. Have they run out of plates?

https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates

Breaking rocks 21-10-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 12629891)
Moving out of my seat for other Palace fans who are normally carrying chips with large amounts of tomato ketchup and not getting even a nod or a thank you

Remember that winding me up too. The secret is not to get up. Make them ask.

viking's no1 21-10-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon (Post 12630839)

Twitter pages about non plates.

And Alan Green.

Eaglesmad123 21-10-2015 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinky (Post 12630632)
Piss off

He has a point

Selhurst Celtic 21-10-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Piss off

I said 'everyday normal posters' you fringe.

Selhurst Celtic 21-10-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12630685)
You could have simply stopped typing that post after 4 words.

And removed the superfluous 'over'.

Breaking rocks 21-10-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Piss off

Rude.

Supa Pard 21-10-2015 09:10 PM

Fat children.
I don't care much for them.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 21-10-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in-exile (Post 12629891)
Moving out of my seat for other Palace fans who are normally carrying chips with large amounts of tomato ketchup and not getting even a nod or a thanks!
Or the two twats that moved out of their seat 5 times before halftime.... Too much drink boys!

Conversely rude c*nts making a big deal of moving despite you asking politely. I give it a second or so before steaming through aggressively if they refuse to make what I deem to be acceptable effort. They don't own the f*cking stadium.

stinky 21-10-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 12630879)
I said 'everyday normal posters' you fringe.

:love:

Breaking rocks 21-10-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supa Pard (Post 12630883)
Fat children.

Try harder. They are the fruit of your loins after all.

danpalace07 21-10-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon (Post 12630839)

now I've made myself angry. Serving food on ******* shovels and in urinals and toy trucks ffs. No chance they'd get my money if my steak came out on a plank of wood or something with the chips in a pint glass

glenn.f 21-10-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supa Pard (Post 12630883)
Fat children.

:DD sounds like me but with all kids these days.

Jim Cannon 21-10-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12630818)

This. And I would also add the increasing habit of being served approximately 5 chunky chips neatly stacked up with your meal and guaranteed to leave you hungry

Hedgehog 22-10-2015 03:51 AM

I'm annoyed that while at work today I thought of something that annoys me, and said to myself I'm going to post that on the "Things That Annoy You" thread when I get home.

Now I'm home I can't remember what it was that annoys me, which unto itself is very annoying!