CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Hedgehog 24-10-2015 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CedarEagle (Post 12632967)
The phrase "Can I get a...." when they mean "Can I have a...."

I'd love it if a person in Starbucks stood there and said "There it is, get it yourself then".

(This is an American version) We had an outside supplier come in the other day, and he asked if he could "borrow the restroom".

Later I asked him if he put it back because I needed to go...

Johnnieboy 24-10-2015 09:37 PM

Or "please may I have..." Or "I would like a.....please"

Manners cost nothing

cappuccinoeagle 24-10-2015 11:09 PM

The 'People I'd rather see on the team sheet than Frazier Campbell' thread

Jim Cannon 24-10-2015 11:19 PM

"Do the math"

Jim Cannon 24-10-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12634811)
I've remembered, I've remembered! It actually not worth the angst in hindsight.

It's Halloween decorations at work put up the first week in October... If ever there is a more stupid, worthless, consumer driven event/holiday (well Valentines I guess) I don't know what.

What is the point of Halloween decorations all over your cubical??? Some of these people are scary enough 52 weeks a year, they don't need any help. :eek:

Hope that makes you Happy Chocky and CT.... :rolleyes:

America making such a big deal out of Halloween and bloody trick or treat making it over to these shores

Wolfnipplechips 24-10-2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12632923)
The phrase 'no problem'.

Especially when one has a meal. 'May I have the fish and chips please? ' no problem
some tom sauce? no problem
can I pay the bill? no problem

Well I don't expect there to be a fecking problem and if there is then you can fecking sort it out. Just 'certainly sir' or somesuch will do.

"No worries"

I should hope not. C***.

Most of these bastards aren't even Australian.

Yoda 25-10-2015 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12632923)
The phrase 'no problem'.

Especially when one has a meal. 'May I have the fish and chips please? ' no problem
some tom sauce? no problem
can I pay the bill? no problem

Well I don't expect there to be a fecking problem and if there is then you can fecking sort it out. Just 'certainly sir' or somesuch will do.

This hasn't bugged me before, but I now see what you mean.

In a restaurant recently a young waiter took our drinks order, and every item was met with 'no problem'.

I so nearly said, good, I don't expect a simple request from your drinks list to be 'a problem' to be honest!

viking's no1 25-10-2015 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 12635177)
This hasn't bugged me before, but I now see what you mean.

Glad to be a bugger.

palace nutter 25-10-2015 01:17 AM

Palace fans who lose the plot when we lose a game, as if it is the Apocalypse*.

*We're actually 6th.

Breaking rocks 25-10-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking's no1 (Post 12632923)
The phrase 'no problem'.

Especially when one has a meal. 'May I have the fish and chips please? ' no problem
some tom sauce? no problem
can I pay the bill? no problem

Well I don't expect there to be a fecking problem and if there is then you can fecking sort it out. Just 'certainly sir' or somesuch will do.

Seriously?

It's 2015 and you expect a fellow human being to address you as sir and especially when your order is 'fish & chips'

Jim Cannon 25-10-2015 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12635222)
Seriously?

It's 2015 and you expect a fellow human being to address you as sir and especially when your order is 'fish & chips'

I sacked my last butler for failing to call me sir

Breaking rocks 25-10-2015 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12635233)
I sacked my last butler for failing to call me sir

Shocked and stunned!

Jim Cannon 25-10-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12635235)
Shocked and stunned!

Was a joke

mushroom 25-10-2015 11:44 AM

Going to a restaurant and the table next to us give their daughter a ipad to play a game on, and all you can hear is this kid playing some kind of Dora The Explorer game...
"Swiper, no swiping" and "Backpack, backpack" followed by beeps n shit.
I had to ask the matradee to move us.

Breaking rocks 25-10-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12635480)
Was a joke

I know, so was mine :)

Maz 25-10-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 12635598)
Going to a restaurant and the table next to us give their daughter a ipad to play a game on, and all you can hear is this kid playing some kind of Dora The Explorer game...
"Swiper, no swiping" and "Backpack, backpack" followed by beeps n shit.
I had to ask the matradee to move us.

Maitre D'.

Wolfnipplechips 25-10-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12635785)
Maitre D'.

Maitre d'

But only if we're being picky Maz.

mushroom 25-10-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 12635785)
Maitre D'.

Many thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Maz 25-10-2015 02:04 PM

YW. :)

For Paranoias 25-10-2015 02:08 PM

Restaurants that are empty and the waiters direct you to sit next to the only other people in there.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.