CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Chocky 27-12-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat of the Palace (Post 12724686)
Eh? Not very Christmassy.

Christmas is over. OVER. No more bastard child brussel sprout advert on every ad break.

Salad_Burnet 27-12-2015 04:00 PM

People questioning whether you're a proper palace fan or not. I see it more and more these days, and it happened yesterday in the pub during the Bournemouth game. It's the same crap you had to put up with in the school playground in 1990. I'm not going to start protesting too much just because other palace fans are paranoid. And who gives a shit anyway? And why would palace's current position attract new fans anyway: it's sixth position, not a bloody FA cup final. All Palace's new success has done is make it more physically uncomfortable to watch them - craning one's head in the pub or standing on tip-toe on the Arthur Waite. I doubt it's something your average scallywag or glory-hunter is going to be that attracted to. So why the paranoia? Honestly, people must look at the championship years like it was some sort of penance.

mroakley9 28-12-2015 02:56 AM

Players in any sport wearing number 23

Biggineagle 28-12-2015 03:13 AM

Stalkers.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 28-12-2015 03:17 AM

The fact that Christmas Day barely feels any different from all the other bank holidays now. It used to have such a special feel but like a lot of other things it has definitely gone down the shitter. Such a shame.

Hibernator 28-12-2015 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 12724777)
People questioning whether you're a proper palace fan or not. I see it more and more these days, and it happened yesterday in the pub during the Bournemouth game. It's the same crap you had to put up with in the school playground in 1990. I'm not going to start protesting too much just because other palace fans are paranoid. And who gives a shit anyway? And why would palace's current position attract new fans anyway: it's sixth position, not a bloody FA cup final. All Palace's new success has done is make it more physically uncomfortable to watch them - craning one's head in the pub or standing on tip-toe on the Arthur Waite. I doubt it's something your average scallywag or glory-hunter is going to be that attracted to. So why the paranoia? Honestly, people must look at the championship years like it was some sort of penance.

People who pretend to be Palace fans but when you read between the lines, you realise - they haven't got a clue.:rolleyes:

PhuketEagle 28-12-2015 07:13 AM

Ant & Dec....

dweedman 28-12-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Bit of an odd game to be questioning the loyalty of your fellow fans, considering how many loyalty points one needed to get tickets for the game.

N Herts Eagle 28-12-2015 09:28 AM

Quote:

Would a proper Palace fan know how to spell the name of one of our greatest chairman for instance.

pallet 28-12-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 12725505)
The fact that Christmas Day barely feels any different from all the other bank holidays now. It used to have such a special feel but like a lot of other things it has definitely gone down the shitter. Such a shame.

Is that an age think do you think?

art malice 28-12-2015 10:40 AM

Drivers who cut you up in a desperate bid to overtake you then get their phone out at the next red light and don't notice it's gone green

Danny1 28-12-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12719912)
This is winding me up and I have mentioned it elsewhere, but it needs to go in here.

We are not "equal 4th". Suddenly we are near the top of the table and GD doesn't count anymore. In 1993, we got relegated on GD, we were not deemed to be "equal" with Oldham were we, and if this season was to end now, would we get a Champions League place? No we would not. Just stop it.

Excellent point.

Pistol Knight 28-12-2015 08:32 PM

PATRICK BAMFORDS HAIR

biggus mickus 28-12-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Knight (Post 12727365)
PATRICK BAMFORDS HAIR

Merry thingy Barry. Off topic I know, but f v c k it. :hi:

CT_Palace 28-12-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistol Knight (Post 12727365)
PATRICK BAMFORDS HAIR

on his last day with us? Give him a good send off ay?

See you next weekend in the Pawsons Barry?

biggus mickus 28-12-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12724701)
Christmas is over. OVER. No more bastard child brussel sprout advert on every ad break.

I would slap that little cow. Eat ya sprouts ya basa.

Pistol Knight 29-12-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggus mickus (Post 12727461)
Merry thingy Barry. Off topic I know, but f v c k it. :hi:

And to you & Mitch & a happy new thingy as well :p:hi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12727508)
See you next weekend in the Pawsons Barry?

Yes mate Paul told me yesterday you were over

switchboard 29-12-2015 02:47 PM

TV, I put the tv on for the first time over Christmas and sat there and watched an hour of 'Britain's most expensive food' and about 15 minutes of gogglebox and was ready to cut my wrists, no wonder I just don't ever turn it on any more. To think people sit and watch that shit night after night, it is no wonder we are a depressed nation.

danpalace07 29-12-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mroakley9 (Post 12725495)
Players in any sport wearing number 23

poor Pape :(

art malice 29-12-2015 03:20 PM

People saying 'taking some fluids on board'.