CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

KYLIE MINEAGLE 15-02-2016 08:28 AM

Still Jim Beglin

Ardent Eagle Forever 15-02-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 12820887)
Idiot f*ckwit pedestrians.
I can only assume they think smartphones throw out an invisible force field when they cross roads. Morons.

http://www.autocarpro.in/IMG/083/140...jpg?1446195113

You get 100 points for taking him out:p:lux:

Ardent Eagle Forever 15-02-2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12820953)
Cars are left hand drive in North London?

His is, he has a foreign registered car so that he can't get fined or points on his licence when triggering speed cameras:p:D

Ardent Eagle Forever 15-02-2016 08:45 AM

Chuggers (Charity Muggers) outside the Holmesdale Road on Matchday.

Same guy every week collecting for 'Disabled' children. Never a charity you've ever heard of and shaking his bucket.

stevek 15-02-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12820991)
Me too! I had 3-0, so still only got 10 points. Had Palace as my insurance so got away with 0 there. rest all -10.

My awful week was saved by having Liverpool to win as my banker (though not at 6-0) and getting Arsenal spot on. Still 0 for the week, though.

And Janet is top of our mini-league and keeps bragging about it...

Chocky 15-02-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12820708)
There you go again with this "I've been employed" nonsense ....

Only joking :p

:D :D You're almost right though. That was the only year just after I left College I did work for someone, went solo after that, working for piss all to make my boss, his wife and new baby a good living. Fuera!

WLYWLYAWYPWF 15-02-2016 05:36 PM

Being asked for my PIN when the prompt to enter it hasn't even reached my side of the transaction. Give me a fecking chance you f*cktard!

OneSize 15-02-2016 05:39 PM

When you open a new pack of butter, cut a third off and then not be able to wrap the rest of it up again. Infuriating.

Chillo 15-02-2016 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12815638)
Pardon?

On a serious note, it could be worse, same thing happened to me a couple of years ago, except I needed both done, and they won't do them both at the same time. So I had to wait 2 weeks to get one done, and another week for the other, did think about going to casualty but was told they don't usually do it.

That's rubbish; I had both of mine done at the same time.

Chillo 15-02-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12816113)
All mortgages have to be paid off by the time you are 70 in the UK right?

I guess it is no big deal to be honest, my wife inherits the condo, and pays off the balance when she kicks.

No, some banks will extend/let you take out mortgages longer - 75 no problem, longer than that will require a bit greater discussion.

CT_Palace 15-02-2016 05:51 PM

The number of soap products - shampoo, shower gel, shaving gel etc that is infused with sulphuric acid or something similar to give you a supposedly "refreshing" feeling .
If I wanted to burn the skin off my face I'd use a blow torch instead of a razor!

Chocky 15-02-2016 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 12821032)
You get 100 points for taking him out:p:lux:

He'd be shit company though sitting there on his blower listening to his raas claart tunes.

Chillo 15-02-2016 05:54 PM

Being asked as "suitable" security questions when company (bank/utility) has rung me:-

- postcode
- DOB
- how I pay my bills

No, you rang me, how about proving who you are and not with questions (like the above) to which anybody could find out the first two and have a guess at 'direct debit' with the third! :veryangry

Same utility company saying "with great respect, ......" when I am complaining; no, it's not "with great respect", it means exactly the opposite.

Blind_Eagle 15-02-2016 07:10 PM

Trying to sort out on the phone to my bank a fairly hefty funds transfer, which worryingly appears to have gone missing, I was asked for my security number. Not having a clue what they meant I said I didn't have one, to which I was told "everybody gets one when they open their account". I explained that, in my case, I definitely wasn't given one.

I was then subjected to a polite but sarcasm laden 'perhaps you've forgotten it as your getting old routine' (I'm 56 FFS) and was informed that nobody can open an account without one as their computer systems simply won't allow it.

My request to tell me which computer system they were using back in 1976 when I opened the account was met with complete ******* silence.

Where's my ten grand you ******* ****'s?

davech 15-02-2016 07:10 PM

Lame-brains on quiz programs who say, "That was a bit before my time". Pathetic.

little al 15-02-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillo (Post 12821926)
Being asked as "suitable" security questions when company (bank/utility) has rung me:-

- postcode
- DOB
- how I pay my bills

No, you rang me, how about proving who you are and not with questions (like the above) to which anybody could find out the first two and have a guess at 'direct debit' with the third! :veryangry

Same utility company saying "with great respect, ......" when I am complaining; no, it's not "with great respect", it means exactly the opposite.

I never answer them.

Chocky 15-02-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 12822021)
Trying to sort out on the phone to my bank a fairly hefty funds transfer, which worryingly appears to have gone missing, I was asked for my security number. Not having a clue what they meant I said I didn't have one, to which I was told "everybody gets one when they open their account". I explained that, in my case, I definitely wasn't given one.

I was then subjected to a polite but sarcasm laden 'perhaps you've forgotten it as your getting old routine' (I'm 56 FFS) and was informed that nobody can open an account without one as their computer systems simply won't allow it.

My request to tell me which computer system they were using back in 1976 when I opened the account was met with complete ******* silence.

Where's my ten grand you ******* ****'s?

I have the same shit Nigel with HSBC who my dementia Mum has an account with. She opened her account in 1970 at Midland Bank in Streatham. As Power of Attorney they still want codes and shit she never bloody set up back then so a thing I need to deal with, although always gets done in the end, takes bastard ages on the phone talking to complete f*ckwitts.

Their legal department wouldn't even accept my Power of Attorney because it was registered in Spain! I even spent a few bob on getting it translated by a sworn court of law for them even though I didn't have to as its registered in The Hague etc etc. I have never had that problem with any other UK company when dealing with Mum's business. HSBC c*nts.

Before I embarked on this fiasco I was speaking to another Palace fan here who had had the same problem with them with his dementia Mum, he said please don't tell me its HSBC they will make everything as difficult as possible.

CT_Palace 15-02-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12822112)
HSBC c*nts.

Best and only possible description of this bank and it's "customer service".
Worst bank ever.

ET1 16-02-2016 12:10 AM

"Please disable your adblock" pop-ups

Hedgehog 16-02-2016 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 12821159)
And Janet is top of our mini-league and keeps bragging about it...

At least Janet has football in her blood... my mate's wife won our league last season, and although a TV fan of Spurs based most of her predictions on God knows what. If it was anything like the way she picks horses at the track it was the colour of the shirts teams wear!

I'm glad to say she is the only person doing worse this season than me!

Edit... just looked at our table and she moved above me after this weekend by getting zero points!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.