CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 18-10-2017 01:41 PM

Is he holding a large glass of brandy?

fioreuk 18-10-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13898855)
Is he holding a large glass of brandy?

Lol... Tesco Cheese Puffs....not sure if first or second bag. ;)

saxoneagle 18-10-2017 01:45 PM

Careful - Maidstoned has a thing for fatties.

fioreuk 18-10-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13898826)
**** me that office looks claustrophobic!

Extra points for a Tassimo machine

Double bonus for the "I LOVE SPREADSHEETS" mug which I didn't manage to get into the rushed shot.

PeterH 18-10-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pallet (Post 13898839)
To be fair to him, it looks like he has invested in the coffee machine for his desk because he is a fat lazy bastard who cant be bothered to walk to the kitchen. He will have a porta loo in there soon.

I suspect he has a chemical office chair.

PeterH 18-10-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fioreuk (Post 13898859)
Lol... Tesco Cheese Puffs....not sure if first or second bag. ;)

Do you sit right next to him?

What is his personality like?

What is his personal hygene like?

Obvious answer to this one - does he ever go to Arsenal games?

Terrace Bickle 18-10-2017 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13898831)
Is that what hipsters look like these days, it's hard to keep up

I think Hipsters now need their tight trousers to have had an argument with their shoes, so the socks are exposed.

Vendy 18-10-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13898876)
I think Hipsters now need their tight trousers to have had an argument with their shoes, so the socks are exposed.

I was musing the other day whilst looking for Jeans why they do slim fit Jeans - Firstly in Stretch and secondly in sizes such as 40W 30L - Why, just why!

Vendy 18-10-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fioreuk (Post 13898867)
Double bonus for the "I LOVE SPREADSHEETS" mug which I didn't manage to get into the rushed shot.

LOL - How do you resist.... What's the vertical laptop all about?!

PeterH 18-10-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13898888)

TBF. I think we need to see a picture of fioreuks workspace to comment further. Perhaps it is a trendy office.

Vendy 18-10-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13898896)
TBF. I think we need to see a picture of fioreuks workspace to comment further. Perhaps it is a trendy office.

:D I am taking far to much interest wtf is the picture on the right on the partition, and is that a Suitcase on the floor? :D

PeterH 18-10-2017 02:12 PM

Also TBF, back in the day my office space was a little Brentesque. For some reason I acquired a collection of the tackyist gifts that people brought back from their various holidays. The plastic wind up jumping tits and cock items probably werent the most professional look ever. I cringe when I think of the things I got away with back then for my own juvenile amusement. Even playing tricks on senior directors who were quite bemused by it all. I got paid well for the general buffoonery as well. LOL.

When the big boss was walking around (head of investments and no 3 on the main board of Guardian Royal Exchange - I always seemed to time it to make a colleague blurt out something stupid while I was chortling like Muttley).

Happy days inking up someones telephone receiver, swapping the S and D keys on keyboards, or saving hole punch paper bits to put inside a closed umbrella. They paid me 40k a year in the late 90s for that malarky.

fioreuk 18-10-2017 02:24 PM

See below..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13898874)
Do you sit right next to him? Thankfully no. However I do sit next to a Star Wars and Tenpin bowling geek, neither of which I know of or care about. despite the 20 minute tutorial once on adjusting technique depending on how the lane is either made or the oiling process. At least could talk football with the Arsenal fan though :supergrin:

What is his personality like? I don't really interact....not just with him, but generally in the office. Dull to non-existent from what I've heard. Mind he'd probably say same of me.

What is his personal hygene like? I'm guessing not great, but I daren't venture too close.

Obvious answer to this one - does he ever go to Arsenal games?
Once heard him say "When I can get tickets"...whatever that means.

fioreuk 18-10-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13898888)

I.T. Department......freeks, geeks and saddos in the main....say no more...Aside from me of course :D .

Extra laptops proliferate as a sign of status and the vertical hold demonstrates ultra geek mode.

Isle of Wight 18-10-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13898915)
Happy days inking up someones telephone receiver, swapping the S and D keys on keyboards, or saving hole punch paper bits to put inside a closed umbrella. They paid me 40k a year in the late 90s for that malarky.

Switching the numbers connections on the new push button phones to ensure wrong number dialling
Removing wall retaining bolts on filling cabinets that ensured the fell when the top draw was fully opened.
Spraying the Post it board ( like a reverse postit note so normal paper stuck to the Post it board) with hairspray so it lost its stickyness
Levering up the carpet so everyone tripped over it.
Indeed Happy days.

fioreuk 18-10-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13898896)

Workstation??.....I just clean the toilets guv. My trolley is well organised, well stocked and fully mobile.

fioreuk 18-10-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13898944)
Switching the numbers connections on the new push button phones to ensure wrong number dialling
Removing wall retaining bolts on filling cabinets that ensured the fell when the top draw was fully opened.
Spraying the Post it board ( like a reverse postit note so normal paper stuck to the Post it board) with hairspray so it lost its stickyness
Levering up the carpet so everyone tripped over it.
Indeed Happy days.

You still get the odd wet behind the ears novice whose screen display you can turn sideways or upside down.

Jim's Cannon 18-10-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13898876)

Is he Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons?

"Worst....Coffee.....Ever......"

Maidstoned Eagle 18-10-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13898864)
Careful - Maidstoned has a thing for fatties.

Thats why i love you so much. :love:

Polak 18-10-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firesign (Post 13898742)
Probably the same tossers who heat up a curry in the microwave at lunchtime at eat it at their stinking out the whole office. :veryangry

Some people here microwave something that smells like kippers and stinks out the office.