CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

RazorsEdge 19-10-2017 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=Wolfnipplechips;13900985]
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13900977)
People who take the same length lunch hour as everyone else,but have fag breaks as well.
The usual tedious annual thing of people letting off fireworks well before Bonfire Night[/QUOTE]

Some bloke two doors down is bang at it right now as I type. The Mrs. Is going mental.:D

Doesn’t bother me at this time of night although they are REALLY noisy.

Ask him to go easy on beans next time :)

Vendy 19-10-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13900981)
I am surprised at the poll results. Different from my day. I am not sure that is a good thing for society. I can accept the healthy eating argument, and saving pennies if a Pret has become outrageously expensive.

It seems to me that life has got all a bit sanitised and horrid in the last 15 years. All about control and tight fisted companies penny pinching their slave workers. Work and life used to be fun to a certain degree. I am getting the impression that increasingly it is not so. Not just from these silly threads, but as a general overview of comments on the BBS.

It seems that people are desparate to keep jobs they dont like, pay credit (mortgages and student loans) they cant afford, but gadgets they dont need, and are sucked into thinking that life revolves around having to take that 2 week med holiday to GET AWAY FROM IT ALL.

Not for me peeps.

People who gloat on the internet about how wonderful their life is...:hi:

cantspell 19-10-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13900800)
What about 'Birdy Nom Nom'?

Peter sellers [emoji106]

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13900985)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 13900977)
People who take the same length lunch hour as everyone else,but have fag breaks as well.
[B]The usual tedious annual thing of people letting off fireworks well before Bonfire Night

Some bloke two doors down is bang at it right now as I type. The Mrs. Is going mental.:D

Doesn’t bother me at this time of night although they are REALLY noisy.

It's Diwali...

PeterH 19-10-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13900991)

Not everything is wonderful. It has been far from perfect the last couple of years.

I dont earn enough to visit the old country as often as I would like. But my family are healthy and happy and I am, too. What more can you want?

Chile is a great place to semi retire to if you have a little money. I am where I need to be at this stage of my life. More by luck than design I reckon.

But I would say the old cliches, if you dont like your life only one person can change that. Sometimes those changes have to be very radical, and sometimes people cant bring themselves to take the steps needed. But almost all the people I know who have made those changes or have had those changes forced upon them are in a better place.

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13900991)

My life is great but I still take my lunch to work most days :sunglasses:

PeterH 19-10-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901005)
My life is great but I still take my lunch to work most days :sunglasses:

And eat it alone, shut away in your office. Tupperware Friend.

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901009)
And eat it alone, shut away in your office. Tupperware Friend.

Yes, and the reason I do that is so I can get my work done and get out. I'm home by 5pm and get to spend 4 or 5 hours with my wife and kid every night.

I could go out for lunch, spend more money, eat less healthily and get to see my family less but I think my choice is the right one!

Oli28 19-10-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901004)
I dont earn enough to visit the old country as often as I would like. But my family are healthy and happy and I am, too. What more can you want?

Ha ha ha why can't you afford to travel? I can afford to. Shouldn't you just get a better job or are you tight?

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:08 PM

FYI I don't go to work to socialize, and I don't have, nor want, friends at work. It's called work for a reason. Get in, get stuff done, get out.

RazorsEdge 19-10-2017 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901014)
Yes, and the reason I do that is so I can get my work done and get out. I'm home by 5pm and get to spend 4 or 5 hours with my wife and kid every night.

I could go out for lunch, spend more money, eat less healthily and get to see my family less but I think my choice is the right one!

Agree

Wolfnipplechips 19-10-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901003)
It's Diwali...

:p

saxoneagle 19-10-2017 10:13 PM

And also, it's not a quid a day.

If I buy breakfast and lunch near my work, it's about £12 a day.
Cereal and milk and bananas costs me a couple of quid a week. Salads for lunch with basic ingredients, or even leftovers from the previous night, costs me about a tenner a week.

I can save £40-50 a week by taking my lunch in. Over a year, that's a REALLY nice holiday for me and my family. Or our weekends away watching sport, which are about 20 weekends a year.

But hey, you wish you could come home more often... so you must be doing it better than me. ��

Vendy 19-10-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901004)
Not everything is wonderful. It has been far from perfect the last couple of years.

Chile is a great place to semi retire to if you have a little money. I am where I need to be at this stage of my life. More by luck than design I reckon.

But I would say the old cliches, if you dont like your life only one person can change that. Sometimes those changes have to be very radical, and sometimes people cant bring themselves to take the steps needed. But almost all the people I know who have made those changes or have had those changes forced upon them are in a better place.

I was just jesting.

Vendy 19-10-2017 10:57 PM

Costa, Pret, Starbucks for me and my wife is £18 for Drink Sandwich and Cake. Fecking rip off bastards

weltklasse 19-10-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se9 eagles (Post 13900883)
What is wrong with you?Are you this bitter and twisted because you have no close family,friends or a decent job?I actually feel sorry for you....

Nothing wrong with me at all. Perhaps you need to take a good look at yourself and how you became such a sad ****ed up individual. Feel sorry for yourself rather then me.

weltklasse 19-10-2017 11:12 PM

Those new Thames link trains frankly I don't need to know that the bakerloo

weltklasse 19-10-2017 11:13 PM

Line is providing a good service when heading away from London FFS!

art malice 19-10-2017 11:20 PM

‘It is what it is.’

The perfect soundbite for *****

Wolfnipplechips 19-10-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13901119)
Costa, Pret, Starbucks for me and my wife is £18 for Drink Sandwich and Cake. Fecking rip off bastards

£150k per year rent and rates.........fecking rip off bastards.