CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Salad_Burnet 19-10-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13900201)
When people post stuff on Faceache like "Oooh, just having great food nom nom" I always ask whats so great as it seems to have dispossesed them of the ability of speech.

I am definitely going to use this from now on. It's brilliant. It's like performance art in letters. How can people find it annoying?

The thing I'm most annoyed about tonight is finding a dead cat in the front garden on the way to the off licence. I don't know what would've killed it; it's not like it's cold outside. It's just raining. Its head is in situ, so I've ruled the Croydon cat killer.

Vendy 19-10-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13901161)
£150k per year rent and rates.........fecking rip off bastards.

Underlying profits at Costa rose £21m to £153.5m, poor bastards..

Yoda 19-10-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13901119)
Costa, Pret, Starbucks for me and my wife is £18 for Drink Sandwich and Cake. Fecking rip off bastards

So thatís £9 each for coffee, sandwich and cake.

Intially that sounds high, but many years ago I was advised that the standard mark up in catering was 3 times the cost, possibly more in places where they have higher than normal costs such London or motorway service stations.

So that makes your order worth £3, which I think isnít miles off the cost of making your own proper coffee, decent sandwich and quality cake at home, where you donít have all the running costs of the chains youíve mentioned.

Yoda 19-10-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet (Post 13901174)
I am definitely going to use this from now on. It's brilliant. It's like performance art in letters. How can people find it annoying?

The thing I'm most annoyed about tonight is finding a dead cat in the front garden on the way to the off licence. I don't know what would've killed it; it's not like it's cold outside. It's just raining. Its head is in situ, so I've ruled the Croydon cat killer.

Oh dear, thatís grim.

My guess would be that itís been hit by car, then reached your garden before it collapsed and died. Itís injuries could be internal.

Vendy 20-10-2017 12:08 AM

Now I feel like a tight arse

Vendy 20-10-2017 12:10 AM

Although.... Two large Coffees, Tow decent Bacon baps and a pack of 4 mini choc brownies £6.75 = it is Greggs though. I genuinely don't know how they money out of that.

Salad_Burnet 20-10-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13901206)
Oh dear, thatís grim.

My guess would be that itís been hit by car, then reached your garden before it collapsed and died. Itís injuries could be internal.

Ah, thanks mate. It's still there. My own cat is ginger so I initially thought it was him, but it isn't.

I'm just gonna have to let my mum discover it on her way to work tomorrow morning and just style it out from there.

art malice 20-10-2017 01:07 AM

Fake mews

PeterH 20-10-2017 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901014)
Yes, and the reason I do that is so I can get my work done and get out. I'm home by 5pm and get to spend 4 or 5 hours with my wife and kid every night.

I could go out for lunch, spend more money, eat less healthily and get to see my family less but I think my choice is the right one!

At least then you will earn the admiration of your work colleagues, who currently see you as an unfriendly idler who always skips out early. :hi:

PeterH 20-10-2017 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13901116)
I was just jesting.

I know mate.

Lot's of things iffy about my life. The most is missing the UK sometimes. Missing my mates, missing banter - Chileans don't understand banter. It is painful watching them get offended to ex pat jokes on facebook groups.

And missing the real matchday experience, not whatever nonsense SP is serving up. Home and away. Missing days like last weekends Chelsea game hurts. Missing the Cup Final. Great to watch it, but not like being there. Always playing catch up on TV shows and the like.

Posting on my own on the BBS in the evening because all of you lot are tucked up in bed early, extra early for getting up 30 minutes early to prepare take to work lunch.

PeterH 20-10-2017 02:12 AM

Anyhoo. Wasn't meaning to learn how to fish today (always fancied trying that at Blind's), but it seems I accidently dropped the rod in and came away with the Championship tropht today. Maidstoned is going above the fireplace.

I've had a lot of fun guys, it has been real today.

Salad_Burnet 20-10-2017 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art malice (Post 13901257)
Fake mews

Err, no it isn't (fake mews).

Hedgehog 20-10-2017 02:27 AM

Wow what did I miss today... 6 pages of annoyances...

Must have been some major bitching going on!

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901274)
At least then you will earn the admiration of your work colleagues, who currently see you as an unfriendly idler who always skips out early. :hi:

I'm not there for their admiration. I'm there to earn money I can spend with and on my family.

Long gone are the days when I cared about my "career", now it's just a job.

Se9 eagles 20-10-2017 07:56 AM

People who buy a new car when the new plates are out just to show off.They don't realise the rest of us are thinking that if they bought it a year later they would save thousands.......

Jim Cannon 20-10-2017 08:09 AM

People inserting french phrases into english sentences.

PeterH 20-10-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901331)
I'm not there for their admiration. I'm there to earn money I can spend with and on my family.

Long gone are the days when I cared about my "career", now it's just a job.

When I met you, you cared about traveling and constantly traveling, Find a way to do that again. Kid on the back walking Machu Picchu type of thing.

Se9 eagles 20-10-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13901338)
People inserting french phrases into english sentences.

Even Del Boy?

Wayne Andrews is God 20-10-2017 08:34 AM

The sudden adoption of people saying 'disconnect' rather than 'disconnection' for example 'there has been a disconnect with the fans'

Why?

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901280)
Anyhoo. Wasn't meaning to learn how to fish today (always fancied trying that at Blind's), but it seems I accidently dropped the rod in and came away with the Championship tropht today. Maidstoned is going above the fireplace.

I've had a lot of fun guys, it has been real today.

The mood I'm in at the moment you wouldn't want me anywhere near you....dead or alive.