CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli28 (Post 13901015)
Ha ha ha why can't you afford to travel? I can afford to. Shouldn't you just get a better job or are you tight?

Perhaps if he took his own lunch to work he could save a bit more.

Tony Montana 20-10-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901277)
missing banter

It definitely isnt missing you

Neckinger Eagle 20-10-2017 08:56 AM

Mon dieu! Has anybody said James Corden yet? Who allows this obese, naughty eight year old onto television? I always feel embarrassed for his parents.

Wayne Andrews is God 20-10-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13901408)
Mon dieu! Has anybody said James Corden yet? Who allows this obese, naughty eight year old onto television? I always feel embarrassed for his parents.

Talentless ****, must of sucked Satin's cock to get where he has. He is a horrible bloke aswell, dont be fool by his giggingly harmless fat man persona.

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13901340)
When I met you, you cared about traveling and constantly traveling, Find a way to do that again. Kid on the back walking Machu Picchu type of thing.

We are constantly travelling. The kid has been to 8 countries and she's not even 10 months old. Next month we're away for the whole month. She'll have been to 10 countries before she's a year old. I visited my 10th country when I was 25.

And by working, and not paying £12 a day for food I don't need to be eating, I can afford to give her those experiences and I have that time to spend with her and my wife, both at home and when we go away.

ChiswickEagle 20-10-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901454)
We are constantly travelling. The kid has been to 8 countries and she's not even 10 months old. Next month we're away for the whole month. She'll have been to 10 countries before she's a year old. I visited my 10th country when I was 25.

Bloody hell, you be careful or Wolfie will be on your case!

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle (Post 13901512)
Bloody hell, you be careful or Wolfie will be on your case!

We're trying to squeeze as many trips into the first 2 years before we have to start paying for her flights. Just booked her a flight for next summer which cost $1.25 for her!

That's the sort of saving money and planning which PeterH probably hates - he'd expect most people to buy their own plane for a holiday, not scrounge a cheap seat on other peoples.

Selhurst Celtic 20-10-2017 11:11 AM

saxon, I don't think your daughter, at 10 months old, is going to remember all of these trips and 10 different countries.

cappuccinoeagle 20-10-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901003)
It's Diwali...

Fair enough,though no doubt chavvy,non religious types will be letting off fireworks well before the 5th.

cantspell 20-10-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13901639)
saxon, I don't think your daughter, at 10 months old, is going to remember all of these trips and 10 different countries.

Shhhhh! Don't tell him that

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13901639)

Perhaps not, but I will :D

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901535)

That's the sort of saving money and planning which PeterH probably hates - he'd expect most people to buy their own plane for a holiday, not scrounge a cheap seat on other peoples.

And rather pay £10 for a half stale cheese and chicken "Panini" and a room temprature, plastic bottle of Chenin Blanc.......than take his own sarnies on the plane...oh the shame.

WorthingEagle 20-10-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901535)
We're trying to squeeze as many trips into the first 2 years before we have to start paying for her flights. Just booked her a flight for next summer which cost $1.25 for her!

We had a few holidays before our daughter was mobile - now she's nearly a year old all she wants to do is explore and play with (throw) everything in sight. I can't imagine how we'd get her to happily sit on our laps for 2-4 hours, given her usual threshold is about 10 seconds.

We are looking at cruises instead until she's old enough to reason with :eek:

andyocpfc 20-10-2017 11:45 AM

The phrase “whoop whoop” - I seriously want to head butt anyone that says it. Whoop f—king whoop FFS

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorthingEagle (Post 13901692)
We had a few holidays before our daughter was mobile - now she's nearly a year old all she wants to do is explore and play with (throw) everything in sight. I can't imagine how we'd get her to happily sit on our laps for 2-4 hours, given her usual threshold is about 10 seconds.

We are looking at cruises instead until she's old enough to reason with :eek:

Longest flight so far has been about 2hrs, but in a couple of weeks we're flying to the US to visit the wife's family (most of them haven't bothered coming to see us, but have made us feel guilty so now my wife feels obliged for us to go visit them :rolleyes: )... that flight will be more fun, I'm sure!

Maidstoned Eagle 20-10-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901700)
Longest flight so far has been about 2hrs, but in a couple of weeks we're flying to the US to visit the wife's family (most of them haven't bothered coming to see us, but have made us feel guilty so now my wife feels obliged for us to go visit them :rolleyes: )... that flight will be more fun, I'm sure!

Will you lie around all day eating all their food?

andyocpfc 20-10-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901700)

We took our 2 year old recently on a 4 hour flight to Greece. It was ‘interesting’ to say the least but unlike your child, ours can walk around etc which makes life more difficult as typically a toddler won’t want to sit down. Take off and landing was not so much fun! Would still do it all again though.

Very good ME btw - very funny [emoji16]

Johnnieboy 20-10-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxoneagle (Post 13901454)

I hope you've signed her up for her own frequent flyer account, all those airmiles will pay for her gap year

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13901732)
Will you lie around all day eating all their food?

No, I'll be working from my hotel room to avoid them.

saxoneagle 20-10-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy (Post 13901748)
I hope you've signed her up for her own frequent flyer account, all those airmiles will pay for her gap year

Do Easyjet and Ryanair do airmiles? :D