CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Blind_Eagle 23-10-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13907697)
LOL. Cant be anything worse than dilligently making up a packed lunch for work, and then forgetting it and having to spend anyway. That must really tear at the soul of a man.

Damn. Seems I'm late on parade.

Nom nom

Oldtown Eagle 23-10-2017 10:00 PM

:( Not sure whether I am behind the news on this, but I have just read that plans are afoot to start charging around 3.50 to drop and pick up from the airport. Is there no end to ways in which we can be robbed?

Ardent Eagle Forever 23-10-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle (Post 13907826)
:( Not sure whether I am behind the news on this, but I have just read that plans are afoot to start charging around 3.50 to drop and pick up from the airport. Is there no end to ways in which we can be robbed?

Already happening at Gatwick.

Worksop Palace 23-10-2017 11:30 PM

Hull Trains

Just don't

PeterH 24-10-2017 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13907804)
I'm getting the popcorn in for when our token Chilean wakes up and reads this. :)

You are late to parade. You will have forgotten that CT Palace has lived here for nearly a year.

PeterH 24-10-2017 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13907791)
You may jest but replace cat for whippet and you've actually nailed it :D

LOL. I am visiting you when I come back. I might bring a documentary crew for a kitchen sink drama.

PeterH 24-10-2017 03:40 AM

I get annoyed by my facial hair. If I don't shave for five days I start to resemble Dr Shipman. That is not a good feckin look.

Hedgehog 24-10-2017 04:36 AM

Quote:

You mean like toll gates?

Surly having to park covers this, I assume it will be both, not one or the other.

bubbs11 24-10-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Been doing that at Edinburgh airport for a few years now but only a quid.

glenn.f 24-10-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever (Post 13907879)

Stansted as well. Think it jumped originally from 50p to 3 out of the blue a couple of years ago. Robbing gits.

olly cromwell 24-10-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Not yet, they try to pressurise you into using the car park for pick ups, but still no charge for drop offs

Stanstead aint so bad, although you only have 10 minutes to do pick up so you need your person to be out and ready (sit in services and phone them) tbh if you used stanstead car park for a pick up you would realise how fu**%^g awful it is and just pay the money for the quick pick up, bit expensive though

Wolfnipplechips 24-10-2017 08:49 AM

Noisy bin men throwing the glass recycling into the truck at 7am on my day off.

Worksop Palace 24-10-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13908126)
Noisy bin men throwing the glass recycling into the truck at 7am on my day off.

Get out on the links you lazy bastard

Worksop Palace 24-10-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13908067)
LOL. I am visiting you when I come back. I might bring a documentary crew for a kitchen sink drama.

You're more than welcome

Except we haven't got a sink

Wolfnipplechips 24-10-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13908132)
Get out on the links you lazy bastard

09:22:)

Worksop Palace 24-10-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13908135)
09:22:)

Bastard

Play well :p

Blind_Eagle 24-10-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Bournemouth International (or Hurn Airport for those of us of a certain age) have been charging this for years.

It gets worse, drivers had the audacity to drop people off near the entrance to avoid this charge, so the local council on the grounds of health and safety, removed the pavement and installed cameras to fine anyone dropping off passengers outside the airport grounds.

Worksop Palace 24-10-2017 10:16 AM

Anyway back Hull Trains, called HTW (Hull Train Wankers) for ease of reference

8.30pm train back from LKX last night. Due to arrive Retford 10pm, meaning I would be tucked up in my pit for 10.30pm after a days hoofing around London with the Mrs and kids (which was very enjoyable btw).

So, hot on the heels of the 'rucksack' incident (see previous post about 9am yesterday morning), we arrive at LKX at 8.15pm to be greeted by 'Cancelled' on the board. Lovely. But wait, HTW are so efficient that the message over the tannoy was that this cancellation would hardly affect your journey - take the 8.35pm to Leeds and hop off at Grantham where the Hull train is waiting for you to take us to Retford and beyond. Mmm, I thought. HTW....

Anyway off we pop onto the 8.35pm, managed to get 4 seats. All good. Just before our Grantham stop the train guard made an announcement basically saying that actually HTW were a set of lying c u next tuesdays and that there wasn't a train at Grantham and those wanting to go to retford should stay on until Newark where onward road transport would be waiting. Ok, not the end of the world - 20 mins by taxi from Newark to retford so still home by 11pm.

Got to Newark at 10pm, disembarked and hey guess what....yep HTW left us fkin high and dry. No taxis, no bus, nothing. Had to wait for the next retford train which was 11.03pm and finally made it home at 11.45pm.

The last time HTW get my custom. Disgraceful *****

strawberry mivi 24-10-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

And East Midlands

saxoneagle 24-10-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13908179)
Bournemouth International (or Hurn Airport for those of us of a certain age) have been charging this for years.

It gets worse, drivers had the audacity to drop people off near the entrance to avoid this charge, so the local council on the grounds of health and safety, removed the pavement and installed cameras to fine anyone dropping off passengers outside the airport grounds.

I understand the reasons why they do this, but it's a massive piss take really.

I'm still trying to decide whether parking at the airport, for longer stays, is reasonable.

I mean, at LHR you can valet park for about 20 a day... using a short stay to pick someone up can cost you that for about 2hrs (which happens to us regularly when we pick up visitors coming from the US).

Anything over a week's holiday though, and getting a taxi to/from the airport becomes more costs effective anyway, especially when your friend does it :D