CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

PeterH 26-10-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 13912718)
Erm, you admitted you wear a Panama hat

It is expected British Ex Pat clothing in hot countries. Like Church's Oxfords in The City.

PeterH 26-10-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle (Post 13913386)

Good job that picture is above waist height. People might get the wrong idea.

PeterH 26-10-2017 08:18 PM

I've even got a decent sneer on there, just like the one I have when reading about peoples leftovers dressed as a gourmet treat.

What game was this?

PeterH 26-10-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle (Post 13912715)
People who fail to understand that sometimes for the family or yourself you have to make adjustments. Particularly when times are tight. That may well mean taking a pack lunch to work because its a lot cheaper than paying for a coffee and a sandwich. The saving making the difference each week to the family budget. If a few sandwiches maybe some packet soup and a small chocolate bar everyday saves what shall we say nowdays 9 for coffee a sandwich. 4x9 36 cost of packed lunch for week 9. Then sometimes its no bloody option and I would not worry about them sitting next to me a football they might not be.... or there again they could be if the savings on lunch has funded the ticket. Hey ho everyone is as well off nowdays no need to budget just put it on credit pay for it when you can.........rant over

You could spend the savings on anti-suicidal tablets. Jeepers.

remmer 26-10-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn.f (Post 13913280)
After buying something, especially online, the endless emails and online feedback surveys you get sent requesting "how did we do ?" Bugger off with your neediness will you please. If iits shit i'll complain so just except that no news is good news.

And even worse is when you get these surveys and emails before the bloody thing has been delivered!

Stellavista 26-10-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remmer (Post 13913771)
And even worse is when you get these surveys and emails before the bloody thing has been delivered!

I got that, and the item never turned up. Last time I spend 1p plus postage on a book..

Lombardarian 26-10-2017 10:41 PM

I have moved into a new flat and for some reason they decided to put fire alarm directly above oven/hob. I have barely cooked a meal without it going off - and it is quite deafening worried about sprinklers going off etc. Extraction fan is barely effective and only solution seems to be open all windows plus balcony doors. V annoying

Terrace Bickle 26-10-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lombardarian (Post 13913840)
I have moved into a new flat and for some reason they decided to put fire alarm directly above oven/hob. I have barely cooked a meal without it going off - and it is quite deafening worried about sprinklers going off etc. Extraction fan is barely effective and only solution seems to be open all windows plus balcony doors. V annoying

Usually they have a button to temporarily disable them. Discovered this on holiday after spending the week flapping a tea towel at it each time I cooked.

Worksop Palace 26-10-2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13913638)
Good job that picture is above waist height. People might get the wrong idea.

You're not what I imagined P. I thought the hat would be at a slightly jaunty angle. And I didn't expect you to be half stuck up some young unexpecting, fast-asleep dude

cappuccinoeagle 26-10-2017 11:51 PM

Halloween

Lombardarian 26-10-2017 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrace Bickle (Post 13913856)
Usually they have a button to temporarily disable them. Discovered this on holiday after spending the week flapping a tea towel at it each time I cooked.

Thank you, actually just seen something online about this 'hush' button. I expect I have been entertaining for people in pub garden opposite - seen violently flapping all manner of household items from tea towels, pizza boxes, oven gloves and baking trays lol!

Tony Montana 26-10-2017 11:58 PM

I'm currently seconded to another office and working with a real life david Brent. He took an interview earlier and berated the candidate for having an interest in dinosaurs. This guy has Storm troopers plastered across his screen and desk and doesn't get the irony.

Lombardarian 27-10-2017 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 13913937)
I'm currently seconded to another office and working with a real life david Brent. He took an interview earlier and berated the candidate for having an interest in dinosaurs. This guy has Storm troopers plastered across his screen and desk and doesn't get the irony.

The optimist in me would say that this Brent character was using tactics to see how the potential employee reacted when under pressure eg being questioned on a very personal preference. It can possibly reveal the interviewees true character. However, as per your impression of him, and most probably the reality, is that the Brent guy is just a twat!

PeterH 27-10-2017 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13913890)
You're not what I imagined P. I thought the hat would be at a slightly jaunty angle. And I didn't expect you to be half stuck up some young unexpecting, fast-asleep dude

DE Glad All Over - probably checking his phone.

PeterH 27-10-2017 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 13913937)

Does he have a song sheet as philosophy on the wall?

Hedgehog 27-10-2017 02:57 AM

Where do I begin at the minute! :veryangry:veryangry:veryangry

Hedgehog 27-10-2017 03:11 AM

There is not even a decent "pissed off" emoji to text with.

I want the ******* head banging one.

Tony Montana 27-10-2017 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13914072)
Does he have a song sheet as philosophy on the wall?

Funny you say that, first thing that sprang to my mind was Brent!

Maidstoned Eagle 27-10-2017 11:36 AM

People that ask you to do something for them because they can't be arsed....and then complain that you haven't done it how they wanted.....well next time do it your ******* self!

cantspell 27-10-2017 12:19 PM

Have to register for bbc iplayer now - more bollox