CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Stellavista 20-11-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle of Wight (Post 13949241)
. Watching D Gilmour live at Pompeii

That'll do for today's annoyance.
Never quite understood the attraction of his plodding noodling.

PeterH 20-11-2017 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13948450)
Updates will be required

Indeed. There are long term impacts on that. Not least bank cfedit for studies not resulting with a degree. They still have to be paid back. In the end I have helped out my oldest by paying back his credits for him. My second son has benifitted from new free higher education that has recently come in (despite costing me cash on two previous failed attempts).

I wont be helping my daughter out paying back cash for a non/resulting education. That is ridiculous.

PeterH 20-11-2017 01:41 AM

I picked up on one of the anti/muslim memes posted by Palace fans on Facebook today. People I friended that are Palace fans, but perhaps dont have the most liberal views.

I took them to task for their constant re-sharing of the anti-muslim message. Followed by the same 10 grunts (all Palace) always agreeing with it.

I was polite and asked how it affected their lives, why do they need to get wound up by muslims. I was asked about living in Chile etc.. I asked who they would blame for their poor quality of lives once the muslims were thrown out, and they asked me if I wanted Shaira Law. I asked if how many extreme muslims were in pariament etc..

They deleted the thread.

I think I will follow them around a bit on that. I could unfriend them, they will probably unfriend me anyway. But I dont think people should be constantly sharing Britain First memes all over facebook.

They said that The Daily Mail was the finest newspaper in The UK.

PeterH 20-11-2017 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13949061)
Twitter. Or more specifically, Twitter being forced down the throats of those of us who do not wish to use it.

Yep. Maybe it is getting to the point of having had its day.

Only time I see it is if someone posts a Palace goal or something SP or SJ has said on it, and it is reposted here.

PeterH 20-11-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 13948787)
Blimey, thatís a lot of kids, itís hardly surprising youíre unsure how many youíve got.

LOL. I am Dr Barnardo.

PeterH 20-11-2017 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13948611)
Good luck, that sounds a crazy thing to do.

Even if she now thinks she doesnít want to use those qualifications specifically, itíll still look odd on her CV that this studying resulted in her leaving.

I hope you can help her stay that one more month...even if you have to bribe her with the promise of a treat afterwards.

She is more obstinant than her mother. And she has no excuse for not finishing and getting it on her CV. She is on the last 3 weeks of practice, and she has to prepeare a thesis. My wife is specifically not working to help out with the grandkid. And my daughters partner has just qualified as a doctor, so he is free for a few months.

My daughter is just taking the easy, lazy way out. She froze the course for two years when she was pregnant first time around. Then she made a big show at the start of this year about going back to finish.

This soap opera is five years long now, for a 2 and a half year course.

It has not only been her (lack of) sacrifice, but many others in the family, too.

Maidstoned Eagle 20-11-2017 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13949906)
I picked up on one of the anti/muslim memes posted by Palace fans on Facebook today. People I friended that are Palace fans, but perhaps dont have the most liberal views.

I took them to task for their constant re-sharing of the anti-muslim message. Followed by the same 10 grunts (all Palace) always agreeing with it.

I was polite and asked how it affected their lives, why do they need to get wound up by muslims. I was asked about living in Chile etc.. I asked who they would blame for their poor quality of lives once the muslims were thrown out, and they asked me if I wanted Shaira Law. I asked if how many extreme muslims were in pariament etc..

They deleted the thread.

I think I will follow them around a bit on that. I could unfriend them, they will probably unfriend me anyway. But I dont think people should be constantly sharing Britain First memes all over facebook.

They said that The Daily Mail was the finest newspaper in The UK.

Welcome.to my world.

Maz 20-11-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13950334)
Welcome.to my world.

Am guessing who these peeps might be...

Maz 20-11-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13949897)
That'll do for today's annoyance.
Never quite understood the attraction of his plodding noodling.

:)

little al 20-11-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13950334)
Welcome.to my world.

Tune.

Worksop Palace 20-11-2017 08:45 PM

Black Friday

And it's only frigging Monday

Wolfnipplechips 20-11-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 13951031)
Black Friday

And it's only frigging Monday

C~nts Friday as itís known in my business.....

Worksop Palace 20-11-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips (Post 13951033)
C~nts Friday as itís known in my business.....

I'd go for that

Just been in Meadowhall to be faced with hundreds of BF banners in every shop (except Apple...) and then get home and the first thing that comes up on the TV is a BF advert for someone

Baffled Bob 2 20-11-2017 09:28 PM

Family members who will not move the clocks forward or back in their cars when BST begins and ends.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 20-11-2017 10:07 PM

That irritating swishing noise that accompanies the graphics showing the team lineups on Sky as the second half gets under way. Just f*CK off. What is the f*cking point of it. C**TS.

art malice 20-11-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 13951245)
That irritating swishing noise that accompanies the graphics showing the team lineups on Sky as the second half gets under way. Just f*CK off. What is the f*cking point of it. C**TS.

I was about to cancel my subscription when i heard the swishing. Put the phone down IN AWE!

SeanPalace84 20-11-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 13951245)

Yep, bloody annoying.

spike 21-11-2017 10:05 AM

People who travel into work from King's Lynn (north Norfolk to save you checking) moaning about their 2 hour train journey EVERY morning.

WLYWLYAWYPWF 21-11-2017 10:48 AM

People who moan about people who moan.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-11-2017 12:41 PM

When the nail on your 3rd toe grows with a sharp corner, your shoe squashes that nail into the flesh of your second toe, which bleeds and ends up getting clogged up with sock fluff