CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Skiddo 23-11-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets. Iíve been a regular at Selhurst Park since the 70s. I cannot put into words how much it pushes my buttons that somehow waving a flag about and singing monastic chants is seen as more deserving than 40 years of loyalty


This is one of the biggest myths going.

Are there members of the HF that get tickets before other fans? How does anyone possibly know every fan's season ticket/membership/loyalty point status?

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13954986)
What about when the band or singer encourage it as part of their show?

TBF. I find that a bit cringy. I don't participate - I'm not a performing monkey, the band are.

Fair enough for a boy band or the like with teenagers participating.

Donīt come to one of my gigs then.

Neckinger Eagle 23-11-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 13954871)
Neckinger, Iím not entirely sure what level of preferential treatment the HF receive?

If each individual still has to meet the same level of points as the rest of us, then Iím fine with it. I can understand how it helps to have the HF standing together if possible, so Iím OK if the club reserves a block for them.

Bouncing about all match isnít my thing and in the past I have found myself surrounded by them at away matches. So Iíve moved seats if possible, but thatís harder on a sellout.

But if HF are able to obtain tickets without the same ticket history as the rest of the fans, then I agree that would be treating fans differently.

If you had read my post properly you will see that I started it with:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13954858)
The Palace fans that think the HF should get preferential treatment when it comes to tickets.

I'm not saying they actually do, I have no evidence of that.

However, let's look at the Huddersfield League Cup Tie. There they are, plumb in the middle of the Homesdale Road lower tier, behind the goal. That's got to be some well coordinated ticket buying plan to get them all to log on simultaneously to buy their tickets as soon as the tickets went on sale. As I say, I'm not saying it happens, but it does make you wonder?

Yes yes we could have got the whole crowd into Crofton Halls in Orpington and still had a few empty seats, but whay about trips to Wembley?

I'm not denying the fact that Parish Points exist, it's just that some people's Parish Points may be more equal than others, especially if they are 'improving the brand'.

Neckinger Eagle 23-11-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13954981)
I agree with the gist of your post entirely.

But who are the Palace fans that think the HF should get preferred ticket allocation treatment? On the BBS, at least, I have only seen criticism of this idea. It is not even clear that this situation actually exists. Okay, there have been allocated blocks at Wembley, and maybe at some away games. Is there evidence that they unfairly got a group allocation (not points dependant) for more difficult away games - like Brighton?

This is the post that irrationally wound me up today:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spindle (Post 13954813)
...If the HF have any sense they will seek to migrate into the centre of the Holmesdale as some fans leave for the shiny new stand, or occupy and set up a new Whitehorse Lane end ultras noise making machine from day 1.

Yes, you hoi polloi, you disappear out of the seats you've been in for years so that the HF can move in. You see this kind of post dotted around the BBS. They aren't any better than you and me. and you know it will happen in the end. Go to a brand new stadium and you just know that the tasty seats won't be available to anybody apart from those that meet the marketing requirement.

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955131)
Donīt come to one of my gigs then.

I have been to two of your gigs. I understand if you are now appealing to the old timer nostalgia crowd, you may be looking for a bit of participation. Somewhat like Real Slim Shady on Phoenix Nights.

Neckinger Eagle 23-11-2017 08:10 PM

OK, put it in a nutshell. I don't feel valued by the club that has stolen my weekends since I was in short trousers. It annoys me. Everybody happy now?

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13955166)
This is the post that irrationally wound me up today:



Yes, you hoi polloi, you disappear out of the seats you've been in for years so that the HF can move in. You see this kind of post dotted around the BBS. They aren't any better than you and me. and you know it will happen in the end. Go to a brand new stadium and you just know that the tasty seats won't be available to anybody apart from those that meet the marketing requirement.

TBF the tasty seats are not in Holmesdale Lower Blocks A and B. The best seats are probably in the Upper Tier Gallery.

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13955168)
I have been to two of your gigs. I understand if you are now appealing to the old timer nostalgia crowd, you may be looking for a bit of participation. Somewhat like Real Slim Shady on Phoenix Nights.

Getting the audience to clap and join in makes them old timers? How weird your logic works.

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:28 PM

Must have been mentioned before, but basic air travel etiquette and annoyances.

Some stuff is annoying and some stuff is things I just dont get.

1. I dont get better standing up in a queue when the plane is not ready to board yet. Especially if they are going to call premium class, old and young first.

2. I prefer to wait until the end and join the queue with the last four or five. Invariably there is another queue to actually get on the plane.

3. In reverse the serial latecomer. Not someone tht has been held up in traffic or some other excuse. But the dickheads that always swan around the airport, and decide to go and join their fellow passengers when they feel like it. You are all sat there wondering when the doors are going to close, and twatface walks in without a hint of embarrassment - plus you also have to wait for them to get their oversized bag squeezed in somewhere with the help of a steward moving shit around.

This is particularly annoying when twatface has the formerly unoccupied seat next to yours.

4. People waiting to the last possible moment, and even needing to be told, to turn their cellphones off. This can be applied to cinemas and theatres, too. Same people are the first to turn the phones on in the airplane at landing. They need their phones smashing. Wait ten minutes until you get off the plane, stand to one side and make your OH SO IMPORTANT phone call.

5. People standing up and rummaging in the overhead lockers the moment the plane has taken off. Organise yourself better before you take your seat arsewipes.

6. People immediately standing up and waiting like planks the moment the plane has landed. Most of you will have to wait for luggage, idiots.

7. People who bring their own food onto the flight. Kind of like my friends who make packed lunches - but now so obsessed about saving money they need to prepare something to take with them because airports are SOOOO EXPENSIVE. Not nearly as expensive as the flights you paid for, the transfers and everything else. Of course, I make an exception for people having to bring pot-a-yogu for the kids.

8. People taking the piss with regard to hand luggage definitions. Then getting humpity when they are called on it.

9. Airlines, for a large part, not really providing a great and friendly experience.

That will do for now.

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955179)
Getting the audience to clap and join in makes them old timers? How weird your logic works.

We ll meet again, dont know where, dont know when...

I dont remember you overly asking us to all clap and sing along when you played in London.

But the retired costa crowd probably love all that of an evening when they are enjoying their London Pride.

Every old cockney loves a singalong, especially if it comes with scampi in a basket.

Polak 23-11-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13954861)
Ditto coffee and pastrys,and being asked when paying for the petrol whether you would like a coffee and croissant .I'm astride a motorcycle you feckin peanut:veryangry

How about a pie and mash?

Maidstoned Eagle 23-11-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13955201)
We ll meet again, dont know where, dont know when...

I dont remember you overly asking us to all clap and sing along when you played in London.

But the retired costa crowd probably love all that of an evening when they are enjoying their London Pride.

Every old cockney loves a singalong, especially if it comes with scampi in a basket.

Now youīre just trying too hard to get a rise. Shame on you.

PIE "N" MASH 23-11-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 13955212)
How about a pie and mash?

I would remove my helmet for such affairs and indulge my taste buds in such delight:love::love:
Who wouldn't :confused:

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955215)
Now youīre just trying too hard to get a rise. Shame on you.

I wasnt the first one to mention audience participation on this thread...

Climb, Climb, Sunshine Mountain...

PeterH 23-11-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH (Post 13954861)
Ditto coffee and pastrys,and being asked when paying for the petrol whether you would like a coffee and croissant .I'm astride a motorcycle you feckin peanut:veryangry

peanut LOL

Hedgehog 23-11-2017 08:56 PM

Things that annoy you
 
I can't disagree with much in Peter H's post about air travel.

There is a definite "I'm a frequent flyer, I know all the tricks" mentality out there, with people thinking they can screw the system.

I would add the seats made for midgets is my biggest annoyance though. That and inconsistent TSA requirements at security at different airports.

Stellavista 23-11-2017 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13955179)
Getting the audience to clap and join in makes them old timers? How weird your logic works.

Yes, it does. They should be throwing bottles of piss at the band, or nutting each other in the mosh pit.

Spindle 23-11-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle (Post 13955166)
This is the post that irrationally wound me up today:



Yes, you hoi polloi, you disappear out of the seats you've been in for years so that the HF can move in. You see this kind of post dotted around the BBS. They aren't any better than you and me. and you know it will happen in the end. Go to a brand new stadium and you just know that the tasty seats won't be available to anybody apart from those that meet the marketing requirement.

You're as bad as the squatters preventing the rebuild of Selhurst

PeterH 23-11-2017 09:48 PM

On the air travel one. At least on morning flights (any public transport), people that dont have the courtesy of taking a quick shower before heading out to the airport.

On my last flight, someone very close to us guffed as well. We had just landed, maybe he/she shit themselves. It was a real stinky poo.

Jim Cannon 23-11-2017 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterH (Post 13955195)
Must have been mentioned before, but basic air travel etiquette and annoyances.

Some stuff is annoying and some stuff is things I just dont get.

1. I dont get better standing up in a queue when the plane is not ready to board yet. Especially if they are going to call premium class, old and young first.

2. I prefer to wait until the end and join the queue with the last four or five. Invariably there is another queue to actually get on the plane.

3. In reverse the serial latecomer. Not someone tht has been held up in traffic or some other excuse. But the dickheads that always swan around the airport, and decide to go and join their fellow passengers when they feel like it. You are all sat there wondering when the doors are going to close, and twatface walks in without a hint of embarrassment - plus you also have to wait for them to get their oversized bag squeezed in somewhere with the help of a steward moving shit around.

This is particularly annoying when twatface has the formerly unoccupied seat next to yours.

4. People waiting to the last possible moment, and even needing to be told, to turn their cellphones off. This can be applied to cinemas and theatres, too. Same people are the first to turn the phones on in the airplane at landing. They need their phones smashing. Wait ten minutes until you get off the plane, stand to one side and make your OH SO IMPORTANT phone call.

5. People standing up and rummaging in the overhead lockers the moment the plane has taken off. Organise yourself better before you take your seat arsewipes.

6. People immediately standing up and waiting like planks the moment the plane has landed. Most of you will have to wait for luggage, idiots.

7. People who bring their own food onto the flight. Kind of like my friends who make packed lunches - but now so obsessed about saving money they need to prepare something to take with them because airports are SOOOO EXPENSIVE. Not nearly as expensive as the flights you paid for, the transfers and everything else. Of course, I make an exception for people having to bring pot-a-yogu for the kids.

8. People taking the piss with regard to hand luggage definitions. Then getting humpity when they are called on it.

9. Airlines, for a large part, not really providing a great and friendly experience.

That will do for now.

All of that, plus the wanker that is always sitting in front of you who reclines their seat as far back as possible at all times crushing you into your own seat. I take pride in exacting my revenge by getting up and knocking into the back of their chair while purporting to be going into the overhead lockers.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.