CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

chrisophiex 05-03-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12276837)
People who form queues yonks before boarding the plane has even started. You have your allocated seat number, why do you want to sit on the plane any longer than need be ?

People who get up yonks before the plane / train / bus has reached its destination

N Herts Eagle 05-03-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Norwoodsman (Post 12276782)
People (usually tourists) who get out their seats and try to panic-fight their way to the doors on rush-hour packed tube trains when the train has only just left the previous station. This leaves them pointlessly rammed into non-existent space looking more and more frantic for two minutes until they rock up at Bank or Kings Cross etc. and half the carriage disperses anyway.

Chill Your Damn Tits.

Those that do it as soon as a plane stops, more than likely to hit you on the head with some oversized holdall smuggled on as hand luggage. Your not going to get to the door any faster and you are going to stand there looking like a muppet for 10 minutes your at the back of the plane anyway.
You are second only to any idiot that attempts to lay back there seat on any flight, and if you attempt it dont dare mutter if my knee is in your back, it would be worse if I had room to move it......

ChuckMcBalls 05-03-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Norwoodsman (Post 12276782)
People (usually tourists) who get out their seats and try to panic-fight their way to the doors on rush-hour packed tube trains when the train has only just left the previous station. This leaves them pointlessly rammed into non-existent space looking more and more frantic for two minutes until they rock up at Bank or Kings Cross etc. and half the carriage disperses anyway.

Chill Your Damn Tits.

You'd be surprised how many regular workers do this too.

It pisses me off no end when people start saying "excuse me" to get nearer to the doors as we are approaching their stop as they barge through everyone. If we are approaching my stop, I make a habit to not move, ignore them, then make intense eye contact as I get off the train in front of them to make them realise how stupid they are.

Also on the topic of tubes, people who refuse to hold on to anything as they are reading/think they are surfing only to use everyone around them as leverage when the tube moves around unexpectedly. I had a guy blatantly do this when standing next to me so I waited until approaching the next stop and shifted my weight slightly and he fell over into a bunch of people, I hope he learned his lesson.

BERT'S HEAD 05-03-2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12276848)
People who get up yonks before the plane / train / bus has reached its destination

Yes, especially on a plane when you have the aisle seat - where the feck do they think they're going ? - I always beat them to Passport Control for the fun of it.

Chris K 05-03-2015 05:44 PM

Yeah, my stop is the end of the line and there's always a queue forming near the doors 5 minutes from the end of the journey. I take great joy in making sure i'm sat by the door, staying seated until we get to the station and then getting into the front of said queue.

Nigel_Scarfer 05-03-2015 05:46 PM

A fairly specific one, but I'm sure there are others on here who have experienced this....

Middle-class white males aged between 18-35 who live in the south of Croydon (Selsdon and Purley I'm looking at you), and upon entering a Kebab Shop or Barber shop immediately have to put on the most ridiculous mockney accent and mannerisms and treat every member of staff like their long lost Cypriot brother, shaking their hands one by one and asking them if they are "alright boss/chief/George/stav"

It happens every time I go to Selsdon, but I've never experienced it any other establishment or in any other area to be honest. In fact, whilst waiting in Selsdon Kebab Centre I've often seen these people come in, shake hands with George and the rest of their brothers, enquire as to their well being and then just leave again without even buying any food.

They just come across as completely insincere tits.

Crofty 05-03-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer (Post 12276864)
A fairly specific one, but I'm sure there are others on here who have experienced this....

Middle-class white males aged between 18-35 who live in the south of Croydon (Selsdon and Purley I'm looking at you), and upon entering a Kebab Shop or Barber shop immediately have to put on the most ridiculous mockney accent and mannerisms and treat every member of staff like their long lost Cypriot brother, shaking their hands one by one and asking them if they are "alright boss/chief/George/stav"

It happens every time I go to Selsdon, but I've never experienced it any other establishment or in any other area to be honest. In fact, whilst waiting in Selsdon Kebab Centre I've often seen these people come in, shake hands with George and the rest of their brothers, enquire as to their well being and then just leave again without even buying any food.

They just come across as completely insincere tits.

information
education
inculcation

DE - Glad All Over 05-03-2015 05:58 PM

rucksacks on tubes
kids who put there feet on train seats

Kylie_Tracey 05-03-2015 06:00 PM

.

New LP 05-03-2015 06:40 PM

Paying god knows how much for a dish in a good restaurant only to find that the veg that you need with that Sea Bass aren't provided and have to be ordered. Just put it all together on the menu.

New LP 06-03-2015 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 12257235)
Think Winstone was fine in Sexy Beast and TV series Robin of Sherwood.However,he wasn't very good as Henry VIII on TV,him and Eric Bana must be the worst Henrys

Classic example of a person who was quite good, once, quite a long time ago. But has been dining out on it for way too long.

Hedgehog 06-03-2015 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12276837)
People who form queues yonks before boarding the plane has even started. You have your allocated seat number, why do you want to sit on the plane any longer than need be ?

It's called carry on baggage storage... Which is my pet peeve.

It should not matter if I'm the last person on the plane, there should be a place for my official sized carry on bag.

viking's no1 06-03-2015 04:57 AM

Peope who arrive late on planes and hold everyone up.

viking's no1 06-03-2015 04:59 AM

Duvets only hotels. In the age of choice just give me a sheet and blankets.

Skin Up 06-03-2015 07:06 AM

Suitcases on the train, if you can afford a holiday you can afford a taxi.

Gooders 06-03-2015 07:22 AM

Passengers that work on the plane.

the drexciyan 06-03-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooders (Post 12277455)
Passengers that work on the plane.

..because you really do not care to read all their crappy self important replies to emails and that spreadsheet which by the looks of it has about 3 cells filled out. Nobody is fooled.

Lemming 06-03-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD (Post 12276837)
People who form queues yonks before boarding the plane has even started. You have your allocated seat number, why do you want to sit on the plane any longer than need be ?

Not sure why this really annoys me but it does.

I've got the last flight out of Malaga a few times and it's always delayed about 45 mins.
When you get to the gate there are loads of people queuing. Ten yards past the queue there is plenty of seating and a large window that overlooks the runway where you can clearly see if the plane has arrived.
Looking at the queue and seeing that the plane isn't there yet amuses and irritates me in equal measures.

Lemming 06-03-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 12277425)
It's called carry on baggage storage... Which is my pet peeve.

It should not matter if I'm the last person on the plane, there should be a place for my official sized carry on bag.

Official sized carry on bags that are way to big to allow everyone to to put them in the overhead luggage compartment.

Far East Eagle 06-03-2015 09:02 AM

slow-close toilet seats. I need a shit now, not in 5 minutes when you're done descending, thanks


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.