CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Reps AJ 17-11-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far East Eagle (Post 12074361)
Dan Snow....right wing

Is he? Had a look and couldn't see anything that said he was right wing or a Tory. He is a great, great, grandson of a liberal prime minister (lloyd george), an ambassador for electoral reform and a humanist.

Are you just confusing your own class bias with fact? I genuinely went and tried to find out his political affiliations and couldn't see anything beyond the AV vote and the Lib Dems

Nork1 17-11-2014 09:38 AM

Still an annoying **** though. From the Ben Fogle school of annoying *****.

Reps AJ 17-11-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nork1 (Post 12074466)
Still an annoying **** though. From the Ben Fogle school of annoying *****.

That you can have

Jim Cannon 17-11-2014 10:30 AM

People who buy a pint of milk and a paper and pay by card. Go to cashpoint and cause a queue somewhere else pal, I haven't got all day

Nork1 17-11-2014 11:37 AM

People who go to the cashpoint, put every card in their wallet in the machine, check the balance on each one and print a mini statement, top their phone up then put the first one back in to get a fiver out to buy a pint of milk and a ******* paper.

Worksop Palace 17-11-2014 08:30 PM

Paying £110 to a dishwasher repair bloke and it packs in again 2 days later. He then comes back out to say another part needs replacing so another £60. Mrs says I'll speak to my husband. Husband cancels £110 chq forthwith with bank

See how he likes them apples

Arron 17-11-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 12075118)
Paying £110 to a dishwasher repair bloke and it packs in again 2 days later. He then comes back out to say another part needs replacing so another £60. Mrs says I'll speak to my husband. Husband cancels £110 chq forthwith with bank

He can't have any apples, he's £110 out. :p

Merle 18-11-2014 03:04 AM

the boy london logo really don't know how they got away with a knock off of the third Reich

CT_Palace 18-11-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 12074435)
Is he? Had a look and couldn't see anything that said he was right wing or a Tory. He is a great, great, grandson of a liberal prime minister (lloyd george), an ambassador for electoral reform and a humanist.

Are you just confusing your own class bias with fact? I genuinely went and tried to find out his political affiliations and couldn't see anything beyond the AV vote and the Lib Dems

isn't he just on telly because his dad got him a job at the BBC?

CT_Palace 18-11-2014 03:25 AM

PS on topic: nepotism

Far East Eagle 18-11-2014 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Palace (Post 12075322)
isn't he just on telly because his dad got him a job at the BBC?

Precisely. ****.

Far East Eagle 18-11-2014 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worksop Palace (Post 12075118)

I had the exact same thing with my phone. 160 quid to get it fixed, breakers 2 days later, same problem, and they say its not their problem.

Scum. Sub-human scum.

Oddjob 18-11-2014 01:47 PM

Selfish use of communal microwaves

Oddjob 18-11-2014 01:48 PM

Christmas Jumpers, oh look another chance for social media to absolutely beat the arse out of something.

smileysmith 18-11-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 12074505)
People who buy a pint of milk and a paper and pay by card. Go to cashpoint and cause a queue somewhere else pal, I haven't got all day

People seeking change in their wallet / purse / pocket when buying a few items, when they could just use their card's touch'n'go facility and have paid in seconds.

:angel:

danpalace07 18-11-2014 03:01 PM

When you're nearly done with copying 200GB worth of files to another drive (taking a few hours) and someone turns your computer off, forcing you to start over. Fuming.

Blind_Eagle 18-11-2014 03:17 PM

When you're business alarm goes off and you are called by the alarm monitoring team, you tell them it's not a problem as you know the cause, yet they still inform the police who turn up and decide its a false alarm - of course it was I'd told the monitoring staff. Consequently the police deem that it was an alarm malfunction - which it wasn't - and will no longer respond to alarms unless we buy a new alarm system. If we wish to re-utilise the existing wiring then the only alarm company willing to do so is the ***** who ****ed it up in the first place.
They **** up and as a direct result I've got to spend a shed load with them on new gear which only they will agree to install.

Great start to today. Improved only by our dishwasher suffering catestrophic failure. Culminating in a puncture on my Range Rover on the way to buy a replacement dish washer.

Grrrr.

boroeagle 18-11-2014 03:33 PM

The Croydon Advertiser web site at present. Im trying to read it on my IPhone and keep getting a pensions regulator advert pop up. I shut it down the up it pops again ! I have block pop ups enabled !

smileysmith 18-11-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boroeagle (Post 12075906)
The Croydon Advertiser web site at present. Im trying to read it on my IPhone and keep getting a pensions regulator advert pop up. I shut it down the up it pops again ! I have block pop ups enabled !

You might wanna try disabling popups then ... ?

EagleSE24 18-11-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 12075720)
Selfish use of communal microwaves

Is there much use of communal microwaves that isn't selfish? In my experience people end up heating the most ridiculously pungent nonsense resulting in the whole office stinking for hours.

The only things it's ok to heat are tea/coffee and perhaps plain porridge in the morning.