CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

davech 28-01-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the digger (Post 16802926)
Congratulating myself on getting through the day with no glaring acts of absent-mindedness, only to discover I put the frozen peas in the fridge.

Ah, but what did you put into the freezer instead of the peas??

PALACEWU 28-01-2023 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge (Post 16802796)
McCoist is worse than white noise.

Comical in his randomness.

Herr Colonpharter 28-01-2023 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle (Post 16802631)
The white noise that is Sam Matterface

We can add Jim White in there too. I suspect SJ harbours a serious private loathing for the tiresome weasel.

Stellavista 28-01-2023 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16803068)
We can add Jim White in there too. I suspect SJ harbours a serious private loathing for the tiresome weasel.

The feeling might be mutual.

CK 28-01-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter (Post 16803068)

Dunno, they see each other quite often at weekends.

bigend1 28-01-2023 05:44 PM

Aviation and Redundancy. Again

Socrates 28-01-2023 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigend1 (Post 16803222)

Sorry to hear that buddy

Hedgehog 28-01-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reps AJ (Post 16802663)
Hedgehog and the angry inch

It's a game of inches...

Hedgehog 28-01-2023 05:52 PM

Quote:

Yes, sorry to hear that.

I thought aviation was doing OK post COVID lockdowns... shows what I know.

big bad John 28-01-2023 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquila_17 (Post 16799083)

ps... I'm always listening to 'the music' in accents, and often end up having an interesting conversation with a stranger because of it, even on a London tube sometimes (I must be weird :eek:)

For God's sake don't ask 'em where they're from.

art malice 28-01-2023 07:04 PM

Miserable fans desperate for others to be as miserable as them

thefox 28-01-2023 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 16802984)
Ah, but what did you put into the freezer instead of the peas??

Your body. You will find out in 50 years.

Aquila_17 28-01-2023 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big bad John (Post 16803296)
For God's sake don't ask 'em where they're from.

I sometimes get asked where my surname's from... I usally reply "my dad" ;)

Hedgehog 28-01-2023 09:11 PM

Anyone else have trouble opening what they call here "Blister packs" of medication/pills?

I got some over-the-counter allergy pills in the week and they come on these sheets which you can tear off the individually packaged pill. They give you a corner that can be lifted to peal back the paper backing - first problem is lifting the edge due to a) eyesight and b) freshly cut fingernails.

Second problem is once the paper backing has been removed, any amount of pressing on the pill from the reverse side does not seem to get the pill to break through the foil. Works once in a while, but usually resort to getting the scissors out to pierce the foil to get the little buggers out.

Just put the pills in a bottle thank you...

Maybe there is a "knack" to doing this I've not figured out... off to YouTube to see if I can find something.

RazorsEdge 28-01-2023 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALACEWU (Post 16803060)
Comical in his randomness.

There is that, yes

RazorsEdge 28-01-2023 09:57 PM

Quote:

Oh no. All the best buddy.

RazorsEdge 28-01-2023 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedgehog (Post 16803438)
Anyone else have trouble opening what they call here "Blister packs" of medication/pills?

I got some over-the-counter allergy pills in the week and they come on these sheets which you can tear off the individually packaged pill. They give you a corner that can be lifted to peal back the paper backing - first problem is lifting the edge due to a) eyesight and b) freshly cut fingernails.

Second problem is once the paper backing has been removed, any amount of pressing on the pill from the reverse side does not seem to get the pill to break through the foil. Works once in a while, but usually resort to getting the scissors out to pierce the foil to get the little buggers out.

Maybe there is a "knack" to doing this I've not figured out... off to YouTube to see if I can find something.

If you do find a ‘hack’ please post a link :)

LN1 29-01-2023 06:49 AM

Quote:

Miy issue is popping the pill out and not realising there's still a bit of backing foil with the pill between my fingers and cutting my lip with it! I've got one of those 'organisers' but can never be arsed to fill them regularly.

big bad John 29-01-2023 12:31 PM

Quote:

I got some over-the-counter allergy pills in the week and they come on these sheets

Are you sure they're not pills to increase sperm count?

Little Fozzie 29-01-2023 05:56 PM

Football fans screaming and getting angry about where the ball is placed for a corner kick, as if it matters. Especially annoying as they're almost always wrong, as more often than not the edge of the ball is hanging over the white line.