CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Worksop Palace 10-11-2014 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawleyEagle (Post 12065964)
People who treat a communal path between cyclists and dog walkers as the final stage on the Tour de France.

People who can't control their ******* dogs....whilst walking on a communal path between cyclists and walkers

FrankieBoy 10-11-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceagle (Post 12065955)
People who will walk out of a doorway and stop immediately in front of you, having no care for the people around them.

Please include in that people that stop at the top/bottom of escalators after getting off to check their bags for goodness knows what or just dither around, rather than getting the hell out of the way of other people that are GETTING CARRIED STRAIGHT INTO YOU, YOU MORONS.

Breaking rocks 10-11-2014 10:07 AM

People walking towards you who, for absolutely no need at all, decide to now walk directly at you causing both of you to have to side step each other.

Breaking rocks 10-11-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupid stunt (Post 12066006)
Acquired taste I guess. I have tried to see the humour but fail.

I like Gloria 😈

Breaking rocks 10-11-2014 10:12 AM

Cycling dogs on communal paths.

foresthillbilly 10-11-2014 10:22 AM

People who: (deep breath)

Wear a jacket with faded jeans- any bloke on a property programme
Wear brown shoes with dark trousers - Yes, you , Jeremy Kyle, YOU started this shlt.
Pedestrians who stop for no apparent reason in a doorway, blocking the entrance/exit.
Cyclists and Motorists who fail to realise that in car parks, side turnings and pathways the Pedestrian has priority. Even if they have a dog.
children who run amok in supermarkets and pubs,...."ahhh,...bless". No, kill the kids, then the parents,....slowly.
People who drive cars and don't use their indicators and expect you to know where they are going by telepathy. A slow death is too good for you.
Council officials who take bulging brown envelopes are consistently 'work from home'.
minority 'culture' being forced upon me. A yogurt has more culture.
old people. Do the decent thing and die.
kids. Go play on the motorway

Did I miss anyone ?

CrawleyEagle 10-11-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foresthillbilly (Post 12066205)
People who: (deep breath)

Wear a jacket with faded jeans- any bloke on a property programme
Wear brown shoes with dark trousers - Yes, you , Jeremy Kyle, YOU started this shlt.
Pedestrians who stop for no apparent reason in a doorway, blocking the entrance/exit.
Cyclists and Motorists who fail to realise that in car parks, side turnings and pathways the Pedestrian has priority. Even if they have a dog.
children who run amok in supermarkets and pubs,...."ahhh,...bless". No, kill the kids, then the parents,....slowly.
People who drive cars and don't use their indicators and expect you to know where they are going by telepathy. A slow death is too good for you.
Council officials who take bulging brown envelopes are consistently 'work from home'.
minority 'culture' being forced upon me. A yogurt has more culture.
old people. Do the decent thing and die.
kids. Go play on the motorway

Did I miss anyone ?

Brown shoes are perfectly acceptable with a navy suit.

Arron 10-11-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12066192)
Cycling dogs on communal paths.

Cycling dogs? Have you been on LSD? :p

GreatGonzo 10-11-2014 12:17 PM

People at the supermarket checkout who, once they have paid, and been handed tehir reciept, now feel the need to faff about with their purse, oput the change in teh correct compartment, change some coins around, fiddle with any notes, and put their loyalty card away. Taking 2-3 minutes to do all this whilst standing right in front of teh cashier stopping them from serving the next person.

Move the **** out of the way. NOW.

cupid stunt 10-11-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 12066327)
People at the supermarket checkout who, once they have paid, and been handed tehir reciept, now feel the need to faff about with their purse, oput the change in teh correct compartment, change some coins around, fiddle with any notes, and put their loyalty card away. Taking 2-3 minutes to do all this whilst standing right in front of teh cashier stopping them from serving the next person.

And also people doing this at cash points and ticket machines at train stations. If ever extreme violence is justified....

cupid stunt 10-11-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breaking rocks (Post 12066182)
People walking towards you who, for absolutely no need at all, decide to now walk directly at you causing both of you to have to side step each other.

It's called "doing the dance"

singapore eagle 10-11-2014 12:42 PM

I suspect he was fishing for this, but anyhow...

Gonzo's inability to press the "h" key before the "e" key. It's been going on for years now. Seriously, how difficult can it be??

smileysmith 10-11-2014 02:01 PM

Mondays.

My children.

My wife.

My job.

Anything I look at or read.

And then I have a cup of coffee and its all fine again.

GreatGonzo 10-11-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singapore eagle (Post 12066379)
I suspect he was fishing for this, but anyhow...

Gonzo's inability to press the "h" key before the "e" key. It's been going on for years now. Seriously, how difficult can it be??

Dilexi

Dyslix

Typing problems are no laughing matter! ;)

Palace Bear 10-11-2014 02:31 PM

Uninterpretable dress codes.
I'm going to a function this month, where not one person I've spoken to, has any idea what they are supposed to wear.

Simple informative descriptions are like 'Black Tie' & 'Smart/casual' are gone; now you get descriptions like 'Dress to impress with a twist' or 'funky thread brights'.

Ridiculous.

Wolfnipplechips 10-11-2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palace Bear (Post 12066559)
Uninterpretable dress codes.
I'm going to a function this month, where not one person I've spoken to, has any idea what they are supposed to wear.

Simple informative descriptions are like 'Black Tie' & 'Smart/casual' are gone; now you get descriptions like 'Dress to impress with a twist' or 'funky thread brights'.

Ridiculous.

It's obvious. Full Kit. :p

ChuckMcBalls 10-11-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 12066327)

And further to this one, people at these new fangled self checkout registers who don't pack their bags as they are scanning things, instead pile all their items on top of the bags and have to fight through everything to pack their bags afterwards taking twice as long.

rainbow_child 10-11-2014 03:07 PM

Girls that don't put out! :)

zaph_01 10-11-2014 03:17 PM

Lycra-clad cyclists on 4 grand Tour de France original bike who insist on riding on the 60MPH section of the A259 at night where there are no street lights with a single flashing red LED on the back despite there being a perfectly serviceable cycle lane 5 feet to the left.

People who don't indicate their turn-off at a roundabout and turn off at the junction before mine, meaning I have to wait even longer at the junction when I could have easily pulled out.

Microsoft loading progress bars that have no correlation to the actual time left to complete ANY action.

Wi-fi printers that cannot seem to reconnect to the router after being switched off, meaning you have to re-enter the details again every. Single. Time.

Dyson's lie about their vacuum cleaners never losing suction. Even after cleaning out all 34 filters.

My washing machine that beeps continuously when it has finished a cycle, but then continues to do a half spin every minute for the next half hour and won't let me get my clothes out.

The Red Bull F1 team.

My Xbox 360 optical disk drive not reading games properly without me having to tap the top while the disk is loaded.

johnbush 10-11-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddjob (Post 12065951)
Anyone (but especially Palace fans) who call Neil Warnock Colin, the single most tragic thing in the world.

Amen to that.