CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

WhitehorseN76 21-01-2015 04:02 PM

I've gone for a top 10 that I can think of at the moment:

1. People that call me 'bro'.
2. Getting caught behind slow walkers and not being able to get around them.
3. People that when they write text messages, abbreviate words by one letter. For example 'what' to 'wut'
4. Skinny jeans on men.
5. When i make assumptions that are wrong.
6. When i say 'can i get'. I know the correct way is 'can i have' but for some reason every now and then i'll say it.
7. People that say 'pacific' instead of 'specific'.
8. People that are constantly late when you have arranged a time for something, and you've turned up on time or early.
9. People who talk like they're an expert in something they know little about.
10. People that show so little thought and respect for the people around them.

Icy 21-01-2015 04:26 PM

Virgin media

I only logged on to upgrade and grab BT sport. Through their combination of poor customer service and false advertising I am now looking to switch to BT / Sky - are either of these two any better?

chav_hater 21-01-2015 04:31 PM

People who sign off emails with a single letter. Used to deal a lot with a guy called Ali who would sign off with A. As if you are so busy you can't afford the time to type another two characters.

ChaceTheAce 21-01-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 12191356)
Virgin media

I only logged on to upgrade and grab BT sport. Through their combination of poor customer service and false advertising I am now looking to switch to BT / Sky - are either of these two any better?

You could be an absolute moron like me and pay for the BT package for £20 a month on sky.... :rolleyes:

spike 21-01-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12191163)
Impressionists on TV or radio panel shows, who's only purpose is to shoehorn an impression in....

They normally open with "I think if David Beckham were here he'd probably say"..... * cue impression *

Yeah, I'm surprised Alastair McGowan is still allowed on any sort of broadcast.

Vince Hilaire's Afro 21-01-2015 06:21 PM

Pizza toppings. If you want any more than one or two toppings, the cost spirals because for some reason things like onions, peppers and tomatoes are charged the same rate as meat and fish. Tight bastards.

the drexciyan 21-01-2015 06:51 PM

Ex-wives. Hurry the fck up and crash that car (with no other occupants).

chrisophiex 21-01-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitehorseN76 (Post 12191306)
I've gone for a top 10 that I can think of at the moment:

1. People that call me 'bro'.
2. Getting caught behind slow walkers and not being able to get around them.
3. People that when they write text messages, abbreviate words by one letter. For example 'what' to 'wut'
4. Skinny jeans on men.
5. When i make assumptions that are wrong.
6. When i say 'can i get'. I know the correct way is 'can i have' but for some reason every now and then i'll say it.
7. People that say 'pacific' instead of 'specific'.
8. People that are constantly late when you have arranged a time for something, and you've turned up on time or early.
9. People who talk like they're an expert in something they know little about.
10. People that show so little thought and respect for the people around them.

Bro, slow down.

What is wrng with skinny jeans on blks ? You're assuming all jeans are the same style and material, which is not the case.

Can you get some pacifically tight ones and we'll meet up ( shall we say around 7 ish, I'll be there ) and we'll chat about the virtues of mock baroque fashion throughout the ages, which I know all about because I studied it on a train to Carlisle once....whilst eating hot spicy food on my way home .

CT_Palace 21-01-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisophiex (Post 12191718)
Bro, slow down.

What is wrng with skinny jeans on blks ? You're assuming all jeans are the same style and material, which is not the case.

Can you get some pacifically tight ones and we'll meet up ( shall we say around 7 ish, I'll be there ) and we'll chat about the virtues of mock baroque fashion throughout the ages, which I know all about because I studied it on a train to Carlisle once....whilst eating hot spicy food on my way home .

:D :D

the drexciyan 21-01-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 12190100)
People that get all self important over job titles.

I came across a Director of Events last week. She was taking the bookings for a conference.

People who call themselves Project Managers who in reality co-ordinate a few things and don't have a clue about what proper PM entails. (Sidetrack, palace fans who call themselves a PM and do fck all whilst being paid for it..)

AndyStreet 21-01-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the drexciyan (Post 12191734)
I came across a Director of Events last week. She was taking the bookings for a conference.

I do love a bit of multitasking.

elgin eagle 21-01-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyStreet (Post 12191773)
I do love a bit of multitasking.

:D

Gym class instructors. By shouting that extra bit louder all its doing is making me angry.

WhitehorseN76 21-01-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Bro, slow down.

:p

Chocky 21-01-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Bro, slow down.

:D but you forgot to sign off as C.

davech 21-01-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 12191863)
:D

Gym class instructors. By shouting that extra bit louder all its doing is making me angry.

On a similar theme, the teleshopping ads for the exercise regimes with all those perma-tanned, narcissistic numpties jiggling around with their sprayed-on sweat smirking inanely at the camera.

"You too can have a body like this in just ten minutes a day. Stupid, fixed grin an optional extra."

SeanPalace84 21-01-2015 09:38 PM

Tottenham fans

Chocky 21-01-2015 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davech (Post 12191997)
On a similar theme, the teleshopping ads for the exercise regimes with all those perma-tanned, narcissistic numpties jiggling around with their sprayed-on sweat smirking inanely at the camera.

"You too can have a body like this in just ten minutes a day. Stupid, fixed grin an optional extra."

Those nobends advertise that you can look like them buy jumping about in front of a telly for half an hour a day when they've spend every living minute of their lives going mental in a gym. F*ck off.

elgin eagle 21-01-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocky (Post 12192009)
Those nobends advertise that you can look like them buy jumping about in front of a telly for half an hour a day when they've spend every living minute of their lives going mental in a gym. F*ck off.

As a scientific experiment i'm going to see just how loud they can shout by dropping a dumbell on his unsuspecting foot. Lets see you do five more now feckface. I only go in there to be slightly less fat because train driving is hardly condusive to having a body like rambo.

danpalace07 21-01-2015 10:45 PM

Printers. Do they ever work? Even when you think it's alright, give it a month and it'll play up. Feel like throwing the overpriced thing out the window.

the drexciyan 22-01-2015 08:19 AM

The monetisation of the basic human need to use the toilet when in public spaces.