CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Things that annoy you (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255975)

Vendy 08-11-2017 11:00 AM

The narcissistic Facebook/Instagram. Drives me nuts with 200+ "Friends" posting picture after picture of themselves. Out of the 200+ 5/6 likes and the odd comment "Gawjus" **** OFF

Yoda 08-11-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13934322)
Been catching up on the Educating Cardiff and Greater Manchester series lately and Mrs Maidstoned and I found much hilarity at the various designs, styles and abilities displayed in this dubious beauty regime, by the students in the programmes.

There were some crackers on Educating Manchester weren’t there!

Some teenagers had drawn on their eyebrows to such an extent that they looked permanently surprised.

Years ago the teachers would have said ‘WTF have you done to yourself, you look ridiculous. Go and wash it off’. I guess that school doesn’t allow the staff to make any such comment now.

In future when those kids look back on the teenage photos of themselves they’ll be questioning why nobody told them the truth and let them walk around like that.

thefox 08-11-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934434)
The narcissistic Facebook/Instagram. Drives me nuts with 200+ "Friends" posting picture after picture of themselves. Out of the 200+ 5/6 likes and the odd comment "Gawjus" **** OFF

Ones that go to gym, swimming pool, running track in the park to take selfies of themselves exercising, especially those that don't actually do any. Get out the ******* way.

Selhurst Celtic 08-11-2017 11:46 AM

This whole 'selfie' business, is it just the modern equivalent of clambering into a passport photo booth & taking pictures like people used to years ago?

Vendy 08-11-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13934471)
This whole 'selfie' business, is it just the modern equivalent of clambering into a passport photo booth & taking pictures like people used to years ago?

Yeah maybe but daily updates is just ******* crazy at least in the past it was joint pictures and normally pulling stupid faces, they were not done to pass around in the Pub so people could say **** me you are Gawjus :supergrin:

Why else keep posting them other than trying to garner approval?! That was the point about the number of likes mostly they fail!

thefox 08-11-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13934471)

I'm never taking acselfie with you incase you try to cop a feel.

Selhurst Celtic 08-11-2017 12:12 PM

Prude.

thefox 08-11-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic (Post 13934491)
Prude.

:supergrin:

little al 08-11-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle (Post 13934322)
Been catching up on the Educating Cardiff and Greater Manchester series lately and Mrs Maidstoned and I found much hilarity at the various designs, styles and abilities displayed in this dubious beauty regime, by the students in the programmes.

I love those programmes.

Stellavista 08-11-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefox (Post 13934462)
Ones that go to gym, swimming pool, running track in the park to take selfies of themselves exercising, especially those that don't actually do any. Get out the ******* way.

Twenty somethings who go to the gym, pool and running track who should be getting shitfaced and laid. What is wrong with that generation?

Worksop Palace 08-11-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stellavista (Post 13935110)
Twenty somethings who go to the gym, pool and running track who should be getting shitfaced and laid. What is wrong with that generation?

:D

Worksop Palace 08-11-2017 10:01 PM

I really like Masterchef.

But **** me, Greg Wallace is an absolute spanner

richdeniro 08-11-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934434)

Have had to delete a former schoolfriend due to the constant updates of how her new house is progressing. Final straw was a photo of her new washing machine and tumble dryer.

Her Facebook used to be great, photos of her staggering around with her tits and arse hanging out now fill up my feed with images of their dumb kid and new house.

Oldtown Eagle 08-11-2017 10:52 PM

Currently watching Apoc Now on something called Spike5. Probably one of the most cinematic scenes as the helicopters fly in to Wagner, the y cut to the ads. Lol.

cantspell 08-11-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934428)
Crikey YES!! I hate with a passion in fact all the current trends in young women's make up, I mean WTF its like they all actually want to look like half the nunpties on Instagram its the new Croydon facelift look as I used to call it.

Then add all these ******* stupid daft filters and the filters that knock 10 years to make them look even less real then add the pout and the and look up to the camera to remove the 12 chins and make them look 9st instead of the actual 19 stone.

Superb commentary on this phenomenon- the pout particularly intrigues/annoys me - whoever decided this was a good look has a great sense of humour.

GreatGonzo 08-11-2017 11:06 PM

Football fans not knowing the Laws of the Game.

http://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272735

Yoda 09-11-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little al (Post 13935061)
I love those programmes.

Me too, on many different levels.

But I don’t think any have come close to the Educating Yorkshire series and that amazing story line of Mush and Mr Burton, who helped him pass his A level English and then deliver that speech. Great piece of memorable television.

Stellavista 09-11-2017 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendy (Post 13934475)
Yeah maybe but daily updates is just ******* crazy at least in the past it was joint pictures and normally pulling stupid faces, they were not done to pass around in the Pub so people could say **** me you are Gawjus :supergrin:

Why else keep posting them other than trying to garner approval?! That was the point about the number of likes mostly they fail!

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/f...ar-on-fire.jpg

Hibernator 09-11-2017 02:18 AM

The BBC News website.

Once the un-flinching bastion af the civilised Wests neutral reporting of home and worldwide events.

Have they TOTALLY given up on being neutral any more?

And why do half their headlines involve a rhetorical ( clickbait style ) question?

Shit journalism nowadays.

CT_Palace 09-11-2017 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibernator (Post 13935494)
The BBC News website.

Once the un-flinching bastion af the civilised Wests neutral reporting of home and worldwide events.

Have they TOTALLY given up on being neutral any more?

And why do half their headlines involve a rhetorical ( clickbait style ) question?

Shit journalism nowadays.

The BBC news site has been shit for years now. Real dross of a news website. Where once detailed written articles are now replaced by a 30 second (if you're lucky (unlucky?) ) superficial "report".
Still, there's some nice pretty moving pictures to look at. :moo2: