CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   iphone users (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163583)

Ridcully 19-08-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoolKing
I'm on O2 and my contract is up for renewal so I upgraded online this morning. I know a few people with the iPhone and like it so I selected the 16GB version in black.

However upon looking at the apple website and also O2's frontpage I noticed that there is a new 3G S iPhone and a 32GB version.

I phoned O2 to ask whether I had upgraded to the normal 3G or the 3G S. They told me I had selected the 3G and not the 3G S but also that it is 'reconditioned'.

I know I rushed it a bit and should have checked out all these things before ordering but if I am not happy I can send back the phone as soon as I get it or even refuse delivery. I am fine with the 16GB, that is all I will need but regarding the 3G and 3G S, how much difference is there? I don't really want to pay anything to upgrade, the 3G S would cost £100 upfront, is it worth it?

Also, this 'reconditioned' phone, I have checked some other forums on the internet and it seems fine. Have any iPhone users on here experienced difficulties with reconditioned units?

If you didn't go into a shop and bought it either over the phone or on the web you are covered under distance selling regulations and have a week to send it back in the same condition.

Anonymous 20-08-2009 02:13 PM

My frickin' iPhone won't boot. It stays on a blackscreen.

It is charged, I have taken the SIM out and cleaned it, tried various combinations of holding down the home button/standby button for various amounts of time and still nothing.

HELP!

KingsleY 20-08-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyB
My frickin' iPhone won't boot. It stays on a blackscreen.

It is charged, I have taken the SIM out and cleaned it, tried various combinations of holding down the home button/standby button for various amounts of time and still nothing.

HELP!

Does iTunes recognise it?

Run a restore?

Anonymous 20-08-2009 02:24 PM

Nope, it doesn't - my PC does tho, it makes the bong bing, bing bong noises.

PalaceMonkey 20-08-2009 02:25 PM

you sure it's not just a doorbell that you're playing with?

Adlerhorst 20-08-2009 03:25 PM

:)

KingsleY 20-08-2009 03:41 PM

Try this:

http://limitededitioniphone.com/how-...into-dfu-mode/

montstar 20-08-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyB
Nope, it doesn't - my PC does tho, it makes the bong bing, bing bong noises.

I had this a few months back just hooked it up to my computer and restored it and all was fine, but apparently if you go to the apple site there is an easier way!

FRom APple:

iPhone Doesn’t Respond

*

iPhone may be low on power. Connect iPhone to your computer or to its power adapter to charge. See Charging the Battery.
*

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then press and hold the Home button until the application you were using quits.
*

If that doesn’t work, turn iPhone off, then turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
*

If that doesn’t work, reset iPhone. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home Home button icon button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Stavros 69 20-08-2009 04:42 PM

Insurance is paying out, woo hooo

Anonymous 20-08-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montstar
I had this a few months back just hooked it up to my computer and restored it and all was fine, but apparently if you go to the apple site there is an easier way!

FRom APple:

iPhone Doesn’t Respond

*

iPhone may be low on power. Connect iPhone to your computer or to its power adapter to charge. See Charging the Battery.
*

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then press and hold the Home button until the application you were using quits.
*

If that doesn’t work, turn iPhone off, then turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPhone for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
*

If that doesn’t work, reset iPhone. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home Home button icon button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

tried all the apple stuff, none of it works. I shall have to try to restore. Prob was, it didn't recognise the iPhone so dunno how this would work

Cheers.

KingsleY 20-08-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyB
tried all the apple stuff, none of it works. I shall have to try to restore. Prob was, it didn't recognise the iPhone so dunno how this would work

Cheers.

Tried following my link yet?

Stavros 69 20-08-2009 10:37 PM

Insurance say they are going to pay out for a 3Gs.
I have a semi. Now i need to find one in central london.

eddieskyclad 20-08-2009 10:42 PM

Anyone get one of those exploding iPhones?

Stavros 69 20-08-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddieskyclad
Anyone get one of those exploding iPhones?

As many as i can get my hands on.
I'm going to pull a swap on Ricky B in the pub

gingerob 21-08-2009 01:02 PM

I am looking into jailbreaking my phone. Are there any sites to avoid? or any sites people recommend?

Anonymous 21-08-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsleY
Tried following my link yet?

Lo mate,

I didn't but I have tried holding down both home and standby button for up to 20 seconds and absolutely diddly squat happens. I thikn it may be fuxx0red but I'll go through the link tongiht and see if I can get it up in DFU mode. Thanks for your help.

Anonymous 21-08-2009 01:14 PM

actually, the second method on that page has some merit Kingsly, thanks. I did noticed things happening when I was holding buttons down whilst connected to USB so I'll try tath.

David Amsalem 24-08-2009 12:24 AM

Guys, this isn't a huge problem, but it's annoying nonetheless and I'll like to resolve it.

Instead of being a Portable Device (or something along those lines) my iPhone (and Touch actually...) on My Computers think's it is a camera. "Scanners and Cameras" actually.

How do I fix this?

Everytime I plug in my iPhone, I get no option to open iTunes - I get options I would if it was a camera.

wickham_eagle 24-08-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Amsalem
Guys, this isn't a huge problem, but it's annoying nonetheless and I'll like to resolve it.

Instead of being a Portable Device (or something along those lines) my iPhone (and Touch actually...) on My Computers think's it is a camera. "Scanners and Cameras" actually.

How do I fix this?

Everytime I plug in my iPhone, I get no option to open iTunes - I get options I would if it was a camera.

i get this all the time just ignore it and press cancel

gingerob 24-08-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickham_eagle
i get this all the time just ignore it and press cancel

me too. I just cancel and double click on iTunes


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.